Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

My Wife Loves Harleys

4K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  quexpress 
#1 · (Edited)
It's true - my Wife loves Harleys - and I don't know what to do about it.

:surprise::surprise::surprise:

On Saturday, she found a bright Orange pearl metallic Road King on the show room - and made me buy it. Ya'all know I love my Wife. ANYTHING to make her happy. That's the kind of guy that I am. And she's such a lovely woman.........
Sooooo - out with the 2010 Gold Wing

And in with the 2017 Road King

Next thing you know - we'll be buying a trailer !
:grin2::grin2::grin2:

See less See more
#6 ·
Wow thats one expensive vibrator.......>:)>:)>:)

#9 ·
It's true - my Wife loves Harleys - and I don't know what to do about it.

:surprise::surprise::surprise:

On Saturday, she found a bright Orange pearl metallic Road King on the show room - and made me buy it. Ya'all know I love my Wife. ANYTHING to make her happy. That's the kind of guy that I am. And she's such a lovely woman.........
Sooooo - out with the 2010 Gold Wing

And in with the 2017 Road King

Next thing you know - we'll be buying a trailer !
:grin2::grin2::grin2:

Made you buy it, huh?! Oh, do I know that trick. :wink2:

Well, now you'll HAVE to go to Sturgis. And you're going to have to get a pair of denim vests with lots of pins and patches, and do rags for your heads 'cause most Harley riders don't wear helmets. Apparently it has something to do, according to Harley, with the dreaded beard flap. Not that I would suggest for a moment that your wife has a beard! 0:)

The saving grace, if it is one, is that the Harley most likely has around 48 fewer buttons, knobs and switches than the Gold Wing.

#11 ·
im so sorry for you... id love that goldwing.. thats my 1000+cc dream bike....so many switches you could never get board at a red light
make sure you buy oil in bulk.. youll need the trail to haul it with you on long trips.. but hey you can always fallow the trail you leave behind to get home =p....oh and lock tight lots and lots of red lock tight xD

#13 ·
Why do you propagate tired stereotype posts? It just makes you come off as jealous. 95 out of 100 bikes I see touring the country are Harley Davidson Touring bikes, and I have talked with many that have high mileage on them. I finally bought one because I saw it as a superior bike to my Vulcan Voyager and it has turned out to be a superior bike in every way.

#12 ·
My Wife LOVES Harley's as well. I'm Safe for now. Bought a new RV Last September, then realized truck was out of payload so bought new 3/4 ton truck to Replace my 1/2 ton to tow RV and now wife wants bigger RV.. Harley keeps getting further down the list..However I STILL want and FJR after test riding that one a few weeks ago.. But that's MUCH cheaper!

That is a BEAUTIFUL bike..hope it treats you well! :wink2:

#14 ·
Personally, I would test ride a new FJR before you make a decision. For me the addition of cruise control and 6 speed transmission is enough to justify. Once you have ridden a bike with electronic cruise control it is hard to do without it on long trips.

I have heard "my wife made me buy it" many times with Harley. My wife was dead set against it because of the bad boy image it presents. You know I get a lot of looks when I pull up on my Harley with my Yellow modular helmet and Hi-Vis jacket. :grin2:

#22 ·
He blew a gasket :smile2::smile2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.