Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

My Regret

3K views 19 replies 16 participants last post by  outdoorvtguy 
#1 ·
Ok, I had Versys had it 4 a month and sold it as I got an exception deal on a Concours.

Concours is a ver good bike, but now I miss the Versys.

Versys was light, and tall. Felt like an SUV.

Whats the 2011 going 2 be like. ??

#11 ·
Connie is a good bike too. Versys was tall, I mean I could peep at the laides skirts on the road, :). Light and nimble. I am looking to sell the connie though, will get back on the versys. Versys being light handle very good, I could take steep turn and twist. Connie is like a fat grandmother.

#5 ·
I rode the 2009 Connie and my shins got so hot, I thought the radiator hose was kinked. It was normal for that motor. The redesign for 2010 was supposed to have addressed that issue.
I seriously considered coming off my 2006 FJR1300 after 80k miles to the Connie.
Right now though, I am glad I saved some $$$ and went with this V. I really think it has the character of an old BMW. Just my opinion (plus I keep seeing BMW stickers with KLE on them on the Versys, so I guess I am not the only one?)
BTW - where do they get those stickers?

#7 ·
Versys is more fun.

Bought my 1st bike in 1965 (Honda CB 160) and with over 20 bikes since I can say without reserve the Versys is the most fun I've ever had riding and I love riding. Sold my 1200 GS in April (great bike) and got my V 3 days later. Even with stock tires I feel more confident in the dirt than I did with my BMW. On the twisties it is pure joy. $5723 out the door, unreal. I'm not selling mine!:thumb::thumb:

#10 ·
I made that mistake when I sold my 1999 ZRX 1100. I swore if I ever found another bike that connected with my soul as a biker I wouldn't make the same mistake twice. Several bikes later the Versys comes along and rocks my world with fun like I have not had on a bike ever! I will not be parting with mine, only adding to.

#12 ·
I traded in my DR650 for my Versys back in April and really like it but last week I bought a '10 Yamaha WR250R dual sport to keep it company. I am finally in a position where I can afford 2 bikes and the bonus is that my insurance went DOWN from $550/year for just the Versys to only $529/year for BOTH the Versys and the WRR. Go figure, eh? When I found out they were making fuel injected dual sports, I just had to have one. I'm still breaking it in but this little 250 can run circles around my past DS bikes and it makes the Versys feel like a Cadillac! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.