Nice Riding Day - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Versys-X 300 Pictures And Videos Have some great pictures or videos of 2017+ Kawasaki Versys-X 300? Please share them here with us!

7Likes
  • 3 Post By SECoda
  • 1 Post By SECoda
  • 1 Post By SECoda
  • 2 Post By SECoda

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-02-2018, 03:46 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Nice Riding Day

I hit my third squirrel this year today. A red one. It really messed him up. 58 F and a cloudless day.

mrvwbug, versys925 and kawikakekoa like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-02-2018, 08:44 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Good that you are not messed up...
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-02-2018, 08:59 PM Thread Starter

It takes a lot more with an adventure bike. :-) Just a little bump on the road. The deer are everywhere however. I have cameras front and rear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastoman View Post
Good that you are not messed up...
From the "game" cam on my V-Strom.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by SECoda; 03-02-2018 at 09:03 PM.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-04-2018, 06:56 AM

Garage
That's pretty cool! What brand of camera is that? How do you have it mounted?
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-04-2018, 08:25 AM Thread Starter

I think I have four different action cameras now between the bikes and drones. They are Mobius (2), DBPower, and RunCam. Most are 1080P but the latest is 4K. With unlimited funds I would put a camera with telemetry on the bikes now including speed, location, etc. like a Virb.

They are foam or Velcro mounted. They are powered to the key so they go on and off automatically and loop the recordings in five minute increments. I never touch them unless I need a recording clip. ( I have turned a few clips into the sheriff).

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvNot View Post
That's pretty cool! What brand of camera is that? How do you have it mounted?
LuvNot likes this.

Last edited by SECoda; 03-04-2018 at 08:29 AM.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-04-2018, 07:01 PM Thread Starter

Another day another ride. Spring is itching to spring here. About 60 F today.

kawikakekoa likes this.

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018, 02:10 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECoda View Post
I think I have four different action cameras now between the bikes and drones. They are Mobius (2), DBPower, and RunCam. Most are 1080P but the latest is 4K. With unlimited funds I would put a camera with telemetry on the bikes now including speed, location, etc. like a Virb.

They are foam or Velcro mounted. They are powered to the key so they go on and off automatically and loop the recordings in five minute increments. I never touch them unless I need a recording clip. ( I have turned a few clips into the sheriff).
I'm not seeing one in your photo. Where is it mounted? Finally, are they weather-proof?

Thanks!

so it goes...
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018, 02:36 PM Thread Starter

In the top photo it is orange and next to the left LED. They have covers that make them rain proof. Here are the ones on the front and rear of my V-Strom 1000 inside. Both have rain cases/covers. I used to have a different one on the front of the Versys. There is a picture of the open case. Pretty much all brands sell rain protection and it is inexpensive. Action cameras get wet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARIAH View Post
I'm not seeing one in your photo. Where is it mounted? Finally, are they weather-proof?

Thanks!
I call the Mobius cover the condom. It is rubber like and clear. Just the lens pokes out.

LuvNot and PARIAH like this.

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018, 08:33 PM

Garage
I've been looking at the Mobius quite a bit, but was uncertain if the image stabilization would be good enough to capture off-road footage. I like the idea of the Runcam Split as a built-in camera on the front or rear of the bike, and even toyed with the idea of mounting the lens on the chinbar of the helmet. Whether the bike or helmet, the stealth factor would be great!

It seems like the mini cameras marketed to the racing drone crowd have a better form-factor when it comes to our purposes. The cameras offer streamlined bodies, decent image quality, good battery life (or offer capacitors), and many have a variety of lens angles. Hope to test some out this summer to see how they fare on the motorcycle.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018, 09:29 PM Thread Starter

There are better cameras these days setup for motorcycles that do very well off-road. The one a buddy has runs about $300 but has telemetry data on the screen (not the Garmin Virb). It's all about the budget. I am afraid someone will grab one and I don't want to lose much.

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018, 11:11 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECoda View Post
There are better cameras these days setup for motorcycles that do very well off-road. The one a buddy has runs about $300 but has telemetry data on the screen (not the Garmin Virb). It's all about the budget. I am afraid someone will grab one and I don't want to lose much.
Exactly - budget is a huge factor in choosing a camera to stick on a motorcycle that is left out in public. I have a Tachyon that is small and easy to use, but was expensive when I bought it, and after losing one on vacation, I'm not comfortable taking the replacement with me on the next long vacation. Like you, I feel safer adding a camera I can "afford" to lose. I like the reviews on the two you have, and like what I'm seeing on the GitUp and Foxeer cameras, which have decent internal gyro stabilization and still fall into the affordability range.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode