Coronavirus- Staying At Home With The VX-300 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Versys-X 300 General Discussion Please post any 2017+ Kawasaki Versys-X 300 related topics that DO NOT fit into any of the other topics here.

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Fastoman
  • 1 Post By RobMontana

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-22-2020, 01:05 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Coronavirus- Staying At Home With The VX-300

Since I've been staying at home so much, I've had plenty of time to do maintenance on the bikes. I've done oil, coolant & brake fluid changes on all three bikes. For the past couple of weeks, I haven't been riding as much as I usually do. But, since the X-300 is the smallest & lightest bike to get in and out of the garage, I've been riding the VX-300 a little more. Every evening, I've been taking it out just riding around the subdivision, about 4.5 miles round trip. I normally wear all the riding gear (full face helmet, jacket, boots, gloves Ect), but on these rides, since I'm averaging 25 to 30 MPH and no traffic to speak of on the neighborhood streets, I've been riding helmetless with just sunglasses on for eye protection (feels pretty good).

The subdivision is much different with the Coronavirus going on. Seeing all the cars parked in the driveways is an odd sight. Many more people out in their front yards, standing around talking to their neighbors. Also a lot more people waving hello to me, as I slowly cruise by. They seem much more friendlier now more than ever. Its also strange to see no heavy urban traffic congestion & bumper to bumper gridlock here in the Tampa Bay area. Has the pandemic caused any changes in your riding habits?

Moto Guzzi Griso 1200, Kawasaki Versys X-300
Harley Super Glide Custom, Honda Metropolitan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-22-2020, 01:33 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Been riding alot. Normally getting out of the city here takes some tactical planning like time of day leaving and returning. No traffic now, anywhere really. All the motorcyclists are soaking it up. Lets all hope this thing gets under control. Till then, happy trails and take all the precautions when you pit stop!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-22-2020, 02:49 PM

Rode from Victoria to Qualicum Beach yesterday to have (picnic) lunch with a friend by the ocean - thoroughly enjoyable. Cool weather but pure sunshine.
So, the riding was mostly highway and speeds of 120km/hr (speedo is optimistic). Nonetheless I was impressed with bike performance holding 8000-9000 rpm. Very smooth and some power to spare.
Getting back to Covid-19 life - hardly anyone on the road. It was like driving on Christmas day.
It's one thing to get to ride a motorcycle. It's another to have the highway practically to yourself. Strange but...I like it. I was practicing social distancing, for the most part.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-22-2020, 04:19 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebraranger View Post
Since I've been staying at home so much, I've had plenty of time to do maintenance on the bikes. I've done oil, coolant & brake fluid changes on all three bikes. For the past couple of weeks, I haven't been . They seem much more friendlier now more than ever. Its also strange to see no heavy urban traffic congestion & bumper to bumper gridlock here in the Tampa Bay area. Has the pandemic caused any changes in your riding habits?
Not the riding habit ; but has brought back the natural human's habits back to the surface of this world. Life is living in the early 70's. we have more time for our self and others and not living in the mad rushing world.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-24-2020, 12:30 AM

No changes in my riding habit.
Spring comes late to my part of the country, and I have cabin fever! Rode 400 miles this weekend. Temps around 40f. I did get chilled at times but I kept going! Beautiful sunny days otherwise.
The roads are a little less congested although the country roads I ride arent ever packed. And the gas stations were pretty empty. Easy in and out. Gas prices dropping too. Get out and ride before they shut more things down and lock us all up.
onewizard likes this.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-24-2020, 06:25 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
I got back from working 8 1/2 weeks on the Gulf Coast in NW Florida last Wednesday. I've been working from home and have only got in a couple 50 mile rides out in the country where I live. I have over 60 days of leave on the books so am just waiting for the right weather to pack up and head to the woods for some camping and riding. For now I'll stick with afternoon rides when the weather cooperates.

When I had my Van Van 200 in Florida last summer I would ride some of the neighborhoods in shorts, T-shirt, sandals and really enjoyed it. My wife said to not get too used to it.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Today, 02:35 PM

No traffic is a huge win for riders. This past Tuesday, a couple buddies and I did about a 200 mile ride with a combination of dirt and pavement. Even hit a small part of the MABDR, knew because it popped up on my GPS. Good times with few cars.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Today, 04:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chudzikb View Post
No traffic is a huge win for riders.
Unfortunately where I live we are in full lock down mode, it doesnt matter about the traffic. But I do agree, I did get in a couple of rides before the full lock down mode went into effect and the lack of traffic was so very nice.

Moto Guzzi Griso 1200, Kawasaki Versys X-300
Harley Super Glide Custom, Honda Metropolitan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode