New Super Moderator / Welcome Aboard - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Versys-X 300 General Discussion Please post any 2017+ Kawasaki Versys-X 300 related topics that DO NOT fit into any of the other topics here.

Like Tree14Likes
  • 6 Post By onewizard
  • 2 Post By Fastoman
  • 1 Post By Smiley
  • 2 Post By twowheeladdict
  • 1 Post By onewizard
  • 1 Post By HelloFrom2012Versys650
  • 1 Post By onewizard

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 08:33 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
New Super Moderator / Welcome Aboard

@weljo2001

A long time member, always there to help. Thanks for taking up the offer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 08:47 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Your contribution is highly appreciated.
onewizard and Smiley like this.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 09:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Definitely welcome!

Moto Guzzi Griso 1200, Kawasaki Versys X-300
Harley Super Glide Custom, Honda Metropolitan

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old Today, 09:17 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
You go, Joe! and thanks for your efforts, Glen aka wizard.
jaaklucas likes this.

Observations on life and motorcycling, short stories and photos, with no annoying political or religious rhetoric
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old Today, 01:22 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Joe as a super-moderator is like letting the fox run the chicken house, or Joe run the whore-house.
turn8a and weljo2001 like this.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old Today, 05:41 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Large Brewing Company / History

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
Joe as a super-moderator is like letting the fox run the chicken house, or Joe run the whore-house.

A little story, I was loaned out to a large brewing company for six months as a millwright ( 40 years ago), during that time their manager for maintenance retired unexpectedly , so they put one of the lead hands that knew every hiding place in all the buildings,in charge of maintenance ( there is a name for that type of person, but he was also extremely skilled). Nothing like being at the top getting told from higher up and not getting response from your support team.
First,. everyone pulled as a team, secondly he knew first hand what it was to be under the gun. Hard to imagine a safety guy watching a floor foreman with his hand on the fused 600 volt safety switch handle ready to throw the switch while the electricians and millwrights swapped out the filler motor, but yes that happened, no lockout tag out.

So several members were contacted to take up the slack as a Super moderator, 3 Super Mods are in a time zone that is 14 to 16 hours ahead of me. FasteEddie presently is either home in Canada or trying to get there, when he does he is 3 hours behind me. So what I observed, first thing in the morning, new members first post, who was the first to welcome? ( Weljo2001) Questions about anything with the V1000, luggage , who responded first. How many reported posts were initiated by him. So I figured he was a good candidate and he was already trying to do a Super Mod's job. Now he has the tools. I have been told many times, a moderator is a thankless job.
I am sure @twowheeladdict you were just
twowheeladdict likes this.

Last edited by onewizard; Today at 05:44 PM.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old Today, 06:43 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I was thinking elevation to super mod was conducted by the moderators, clothed in long robes, singing chants, located deep within a dark cloistered chamber, air heavy with incense. Each time a vote was taken a little puff of smoke appeared from the chimney. After the last, and final, vote was taken the newly elevated super mod stepped out to address the adoring crowds

Seriously, thanks for taking the reins weljo2001 and thanks to onewizard for all your efforts!
twowheeladdict likes this.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old Today, 07:47 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I don't recall Uncle Joe mincing words or covering is opinion.
You always know where you stand with him & rather deal with someone being right before "correct".
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old Today, 07:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks to all involved for all the hard work in running the forum. It truly is a thankless job.

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old Today, 08:13 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Magic Smoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloFrom2012Versys650 View Post
I was thinking elevation to super mod was conducted by the moderators, clothed in long robes, singing chants, located deep within a dark cloistered chamber, air heavy with incense. Each time a vote was taken a little puff of smoke appeared from the chimney. After the last, and final, vote was taken the newly elevated super mod stepped out to address the adoring crowds

Seriously, thanks for taking the reins weljo2001 and thanks to onewizard for all your efforts!
Naw that smoke , just me, you know all about the magic smoke escaping. Yes I would say that when a bean counter asked me when I thought I would get the inverter going again*** wait for it *****BOOM --that was me pushing the reset button on the bigger units, my comment about the magic smoke escaping went right over their heads. So when I told him I need more time , don't rush me, you asked me to try it again, --that noise you heard and I said something about magic smoke--Well that was a special semi conductor fuse blowing, only $150 and possibly another SCR at $1500, when you talk money to a bean counter they understand that and the hourly charge of me, and what they are paying their employees to stand around
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode