Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Cheap no-name slip on exhausts on AliExpress

9K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Skypilot 69 
#1 ·
So after spending thousands on gear and my new bike, I am now looking to spend more on an aftermarket exhaust.

I'm not one to believe that loud pipes save lives... but I would rather a meatier sounding note for my own riding pleasure.

Wife would murder me if I spent $500 or so on a pipe.. but I've noticed there are tons of cheap China no-names on AliExpress. Some as low as $20USD.

Anyone have any experience with these? I would not expect long lasting quality but would give one a try if it's not going to do any harm to the bike or the performance.

#2 ·
There are alternatives between $20 and $500.

First I would do some internet sleuthing and see if a Ninja 300 exhaust fits the Versys. With patience you could find one for ~$100 on eBay or a forum. Or be really patient for someone to sell a used Versys 300 exhaust

Without a tune, any exhaust will have little positive effect on performance. An exhaust would have to be really poorly made to damage the engine, but backpressure is important to performance, so a bad one could hurt performance and be obnoxiously loud... so for $20 a China experiment is low risk, can always put the stocker back on. I balk at the high prices for new exhausts too and just watch eBay and forum listings for used ones, eventually works every time!

#5 ·
I'm finding it hard to find used ones here in Australia, there are a few overseas but shipping makes it not worth the trouble unfortunately.

Considering giving one of the cheap Chinese ones a go! If I end up going ahead I'll post the results here.

#3 ·
#4 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.