Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Random stalling

12K views 24 replies 17 participants last post by  nj-bill 
#1 ·
Any one ever encounter random stalling? Its happened to me twice, once at a set of lights and again in the garage when I got home.

Cheers.

#13 ·
raise idle RPM, my bike few times die after hard braking and in same downshifting.
My RPM in that time was 1100-1200, I raise that on 1500 and now my baby work extra.
Also you don't have bumpy acceleration in low rpm.
I am talking about Versys 650

#16 ·
The last time I can remember stalling an airplane was flying number 12 in a 12 plane C-130 tactical mission in the vicinity of Elmendorf AFB at Eileson in Alaska to drop the Canadian Airborne Reg't in winter at -40F when the lead aircraft 'broke' his mission briefing that he would do a "racetrack", instead turning directly back to the pertinent beacon which put him onto a collision-course w/ MY Herc.

Rather similar to playing 'crack-the-whip' when you're skating....

We had the troops standing, doing preps for the jump, but we flew out of the stall PDQ!!!

I was the lowest rank pilot (a lieutenant, while everyone else was either a capt or major), and the lead - a major - was NOT happy when I criticized him for doing what he did, CONTRARY to his mission briefing! at our mission de-brief back at CFB Nameo in Edmonton.

BTW - just checked my log-book - that mission was 11.8 hours airborne, for those who care.

:rolleyes:

#21 ·
UPDATE:
THIS ISSUES WAS FIXED by turning 180 degrees or HALF counterclockwise turn on ALL the (4) throttle body adjustment screw. No stalling issues now. Hope this helps others.
[
The proper way is using a meter and a vacuum gauge.

#22 ·
Been running into stalling issues since it's cooled down.

Happens almost every morning ride when coming to the first stop at the end of my road. Rest of the ride is fine. Been thinking it was the cold/bike wasn't warmed up. Morning temps have been ~35F - ~50F.

I bumped up the idle speed to closer to 2k, but still happening during that first stop of the day. Yesterday it happened three times, once on the morning commute at the usual spot, and twice during the ride home, though each time was after I left a place and had let the bike cool for 1/2 hour to an hour. Need to look into it before any future trips.

I'll have to check the valves, bike just broke 11k, so time to check anyways. Did some searching and people on the stromtrooper forum mentioned stalling issues being caused by TPS. Could that be an issue on the x300?

#23 ·
Been running into stalling issues since it's cooled down.

Happens almost every morning ride when coming to the first stop at the end of my road. Rest of the ride is fine. Been thinking it was the cold/bike wasn't warmed up. Morning temps have been ~35F - ~50F.

I bumped up the idle speed to closer to 2k, but still happening during that first stop of the day. Yesterday it happened three times, once on the morning commute at the usual spot, and twice during the ride home, though each time was after I left a place and had let the bike cool for 1/2 hour to an hour. Need to look into it before any future trips.

I'll have to check the valves, bike just broke 11k, so time to check anyways. Did some searching and people on the stromtrooper forum mentioned stalling issues being caused by TPS. Could that be an issue on the x300?
I haven't ridden consistently in colder weather, but haven't had any issues. I've been out once in ~38°F ... and 3 or 4 times in the 40°F - 50°F range. I have about 13.6k mi on my 2017 (no adjustment on valves yet).

Sorry I don't have more info to help.

Good luck!

JT

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.