eBay Center stands? - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Versys-X 300 General Discussion Please post any 2017+ Kawasaki Versys-X 300 related topics that DO NOT fit into any of the other topics here.

6Likes
  • 1 Post By zebraranger
  • 1 Post By TexH
  • 1 Post By Pekes17
  • 1 Post By fasteddiecopeman
  • 1 Post By Fastoman
  • 1 Post By Yorkshiregal

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 11:46 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
eBay Center stands?

Anyone buy one of those cheaper center stands on eBay? Good experience, fits correctly, recommend a seller?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 02:36 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
If you are referring to the below link, product look good for use. anyway let others chip in if anyone has used it before.( if its me, i will use my instinct to make a call).

https://www.ebay.com/p/for-Kawasaki-...FS/24022587266
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 07:47 AM

I would pass on these inexpensive Chinese center stands. Read my post from back in march, with photos. Link: https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...ml#post1608623

Moto Guzzi Griso 1200, Kawasaki Versys X-300
Harley Super Glide Custom

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 08:41 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebraranger View Post
I would pass on these inexpensive Chinese center stands. Read my post from back in march, with photos. Link: https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...ml#post1608623
I checked out your post and damn that's not good. That'll steer me away from Overseas AM products. Yeah the TRex is the only reasonably priced center stand but can't catchm when their in stock 😒
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 09:49 AM

The one thing that I forgot to mention in that post from march was that I ended up keeping it. Why? Because after attempting to communicate for two months with people overseas who didn't speak English and couldn't grasp the problem, I grew frustrated, and that was probably their plan the whole time. Amazon was no help since in their opinion, the vendor was communicating with me about the problem and were attempting to solve the issue (that was BS). I did install it, the dimensions were wrong and it wouldn't match the two main mounting bolt holes, I had to modify it to make it fit.

Once on the bike, the bike leaned to the right considerably because the third leg (the part that you put your foot on to operate the center stand) was too long and tilted the bike to the right once it was deployed. That third leg part was gouging into the concrete once the center stand was down (longer than the left primary center stand leg) forcing the bike to lean to the right to the point of being unstable. I ended up removing the center stand and using an angle grinder, I cut half an inch off of that foot pivot leg. That worked and the bike sit straight on the center stand. I removed it again, took it and had it sandblasted to remove all the rust, corrosion and flaking paint. I then re-painted it. It now looks and works as factory, but trying to save a few dollars was definitely not worth it and I learned my lesson well. I posted because I didn't want anyone else to have to learn that same lesson, it was a painful one...lol.
Fastoman likes this.

Last edited by zebraranger; 08-15-2019 at 09:55 AM.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 09:50 AM

I bought one of the chinese center stands for less than $100 and it works just fine. Have not noticed any rust on the welds but even if I did that would be an easy fix.
ulito23 likes this.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 10:00 AM

Well Tex, all that I'm saying is that if you order Chinese merchandise, you're rolling the dice buddy. If you do have a problem with one of their products, good luck trying to get it resolved.....Glad it worked out for you.

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 10:57 AM

I bought one and it arrived fairly quickly, fits, was easy to install and I like it. I agree that you are taking a chance buying from Chinese seller, like i did. But it worked out and I'm happy with it. The stand was shipped from Mississauga (Toronto). For that matter, a lot of things I've purchased from Chinese sellers have been shipped from Toronto - so I haven't had to wait a month.

FWIW, this center stand is THE best maintenance item I have purchased to date. The bike goes on the stand every night - so much easier any lubing or inspecting chain, rear tire, oil level etc. Plus it allows rear suspension to stretch out.
ulito23 likes this.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 12:05 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pekes17 View Post
I bought one and it arrived fairly quickly, fits, was easy to install and I like it. I agree that you are taking a chance buying from Chinese seller, like i did. But it worked out and I'm happy with it. The stand was shipped from Mississauga (Toronto). For that matter, a lot of things I've purchased from Chinese sellers have been shipped from Toronto - so I haven't had to wait a month.

FWIW, this center stand is THE best maintenance item I have purchased to date. The bike goes on the stand every night - so much easier any lubing or inspecting chain, rear tire, oil level etc. Plus it allows rear suspension to stretch out.
Where did you get from? Amazon eBay. Got a link?
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 01:13 PM

The link that was provided by Fastoman above https://www.ebay.com/p/for-Kawasaki-...FS/24022587266 certainly works. I would consider any of those vendors - just check the seller feedback rating.

There is one priced for US$94.99 and the seller is artudatech-02 - I bought mine from him...$CDN129.04 all in (I paid an extra US$2 for so-called expedited shipping).

If I could do it all over again I would order the $89 one.

Last edited by Pekes17; 08-15-2019 at 01:20 PM.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 01:52 PM

One more thing - I did see Zebraranger's post and pictures. The one I got was not as badly rusted as his but it did have some imperfections...there was a little metal nubbin where the bushing goes through that I easily filed smooth. The spring had a little surface rust and is not covered with a plastic tube. I think these Chinese sellers are selling factory rejects (if not outright copies).

If you want a perfect product, yes buy OEM, T-Rex or SW-Motech.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 04:12 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebraranger View Post
...I posted because I didn't want anyone else to have to learn that same lesson, it was a painful one...lol.
Thanks for taking the time to help your fellow Forum "inmates" w/ telling about your issues.

-
Fastoman likes this.

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 12:34 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Buying anything form China is like rolling the dice, sometime it works fine, others have faced problem. The trick is you need to do your home work before purchase. Like me, when dealing with Chinese websites, i always spent time with online chat with Marketing asking a lot of info. I have bought, signal lights, Bluetooth devise for helmet and others stuff. All worked fine, no complain whatsoever.

if you are buying from China.
ulito23 likes this.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 08:01 AM

Garage
I also bought a cheap AliE centerstand! Do not regret it. The fit was perfect, and it's all good enough quality.
One thing though, after some kilometers I lost the spring to pull it up. I had installed it correctly (wich a lot of struggle), so I'm not sure how It could come off, less since it was on a highway, not even bumpy off road. Here in Southern Chile you find good artisans all over the place (which is good, since original parts are hard to come by), so I went to a little shop that makes springs and got myself a new one made. I have threaded a small piece of string through it, just in case it would come off again, so I don't lose it

El que se apura en la patagonia, pierde el tiempo
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-31-2019, 10:32 PM

Garage
I baught a cheapie from ebay, although not the chineese one as the welding looked awful, I plumped for one by a German manufacturer which was slightly more expensive but the build quality and fit was spot on, the only problem I found was that it sat too upright and not 'over centre' enough putting the bike in danger of falling off the stand with the slightest forward movement. This was sorted by grinding the stops slightly.
onewizard likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode