Aux lights - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Versys-X 300 General Discussion Please post any 2017+ Kawasaki Versys-X 300 related topics that DO NOT fit into any of the other topics here.

3Likes
  • 1 Post By zebraranger
  • 2 Post By zebraranger

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 10:45 PM Thread Starter

Aux lights

I'm wondering guys. What kind of auxiliary light would work for low price? Thx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bzotya View Post
I'm wondering guys. What kind of auxiliary light would work for low price? Thx
I went with these and like them. Maybe not the most light output but bought them just to be seen.....and pretty low cost.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 08:48 PM

I purchased these 20W 2000LM Super CREE LED driving lights from Amazon for $70.00. They're a nice quality set of lights with an all Aluminum housing and thick glass lens, the LED color temperature is Pure White 6000K-6500K. The set came with the full fused wiring harness and on/off switch. These are very bright lights, almost too bright for night use on the highway. If not adjusted properly, they can blind oncoming traffic. But, I purchased these as day time (see me coming) lights, so that cage drivers can see me better. The only down side to them is that the push button on/off switch isn't lighted, so during the day you don't know if they are on or off. I replaced it with my own lighted switch that is lit when the lights are on. They are wired to the keyed on/off power lead, just in case I leave the lights on after I turn off the bike.

This is what they looked like the night I installed them, I hadn't adjusted them yet at the time of the photo. I'll try and get a shot of them down the road on and off for comparison over the next couple of days.

They blend in well with the bike.
KawaDMP likes this.

Last edited by zebraranger; 05-12-2019 at 08:55 PM. Reason: Added additional image

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 09:46 PM

Following up from my previous post. This evening after raining all day, I had the chance to take these photos. I was going to take them in the street, but our subdivision has street lamps so I moved it to my backyard. I'm 33 paces from the fence line (about 100 feet).

This image is self explanatory.

The left image is with the bikes low beam on without the auxiliary lights. The image on the right is with the bikes auxiliary lights on.

The left image is with the bikes high beam on without the auxiliary lights. The image on the right is with the auxiliary lights.

Last image is Auxiliary lights only.
Parrilladk and KawaDMP like this.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 10:35 AM

Garage
Driving at night, it seems to me that the auxiliary lights are significantly more important than the factory lights.
Wow! I am sold!

Media, PA
Versys 650ABS/ 2017
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 10:50 AM

Damn, that's a significant upgrade. Did you run through a relay to power the lights? Have any pics of your wiring?
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 11:03 PM

Yes, I had to use the $20.00 Kawasaki relay so that the two available switchable power plugs up front would have power. Without that relay, those two power plugs that's available up front wont have power. I don't know why Kawasaki didn't include this relay since they provide a plug for it to be used in. It is a pretty basic installation, I didn't need to remove any of the panels to do the install. If you look down into the front left side of the fork well, you'll see where the relay plugs into.

Once that relay is plugged in, that white plug that you see in the top of photo, now becomes live and will turn on when the key is on, and turns the power off to that plug when the key is off. I just had to make a male plug so that I could plug the positive and ground wires from the lights wiring harness, into the white plug. Could have just cut the white plug and went wire to wire, but I like a clean install since it was a plug. The wiring harness was the standard harness for two LED auxiliary lights. One leg going to each light, one leg containing the positive and negative wire that I plugged into the white plug on the bike (power source), and the forth leg is the push button on/off switch. See additional photo below.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 08:31 AM

I installed that relay when I put the usb power ports on the dash in the factory location. So, you are saying it powers another plug as well? I did not look around much, just stuck to what I was doing and got it done when in there. Thank you for providing detail.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode