What you did to your Versys-X today - Page 4 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Versys-X 300 General Discussion Please post any 2017+ Kawasaki Versys-X 300 related topics that DO NOT fit into any of the other topics here.

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 73 (permalink) Old 11-02-2019, 08:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Added these green fork skins - not a bad colour match!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20191102-171555 fork skins.jpg (10.9 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg 20191102_155539_portrait mode.jpg (46.1 KB, 30 views)

Last edited by Pekes17; 11-04-2019 at 01:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-21-2020, 09:13 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tried wiring Inview's wireless brake and turn signal light motorcycle unit to my Versys 300, but only got the brake light to work with the unit.

The turn sigbal wires from the unit are wired to the positive turn signals on the Versys where they plug into an extension under the seat. There are indicator LEDS on the unit itself that correspond to what lights are being used on the bike and can be used for testing.

But, I keep getting the hazard lights activating the left turn signal LED on the unit and the left turn signal activating the hazard lights on the unit and the right signal doing nothing on the unit but a brief blinking light on the unit and then nothing.

Maybe I should wire them to the front turn signals and play around with the grounding.

Sent from my Phone 2 using Tapatalk
post #63 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-31-2020, 10:36 AM

I charged my battery because I forgot to disconnect it after my last ride and the clock drained it down. Any solutions out there for this? It’s annoying to have to pull the seat and disconnect the battery after every weekend of riding

post #64 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-31-2020, 08:11 PM

Get a battery tender/smart battery maintainer. The pigtail is always attached to the battery and when its not in use you just tuck it away. When you're finished riding, just plug it in. I have one on all my bikes, my riding mower, emergency generator and my wifes Vespa scooter. It works.

Here's two of them hanging from the bottom shelf in my moto-room where I store two of my bikes and my riding gear. I don't have a close up photo of the pigtail hooked up, but they're attached to the batteries on the bikes.

Moto Guzzi Griso 1200, Kawasaki Versys X-300
Harley Super Glide Custom, Honda Metropolitan

Last edited by zebraranger; 01-31-2020 at 08:19 PM.
post #65 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-01-2020, 05:59 PM

All the unit needed was lithium batteries although it came with alkalines. The unit that's hard wired to the bike blinks the wrong lights for everything but the brake lights but that doesn't matter now.

Oh yeah I should have mentioned I have a battery tender but I meant the AAA batteries that go into the helmet light unit.

I'm so happy now.

post #66 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-01-2020, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebraranger View Post
Get a battery tender/smart battery maintainer. The pigtail is always attached to the battery and when its not in use you just tuck it away. When you're finished riding, just plug it in. I have one on all my bikes, my riding mower, emergency generator and my wifes Vespa scooter. It works.

Here's two of them hanging from the bottom shelf in my moto-room where I store two of my bikes and my riding gear. I don't have a close up photo of the pigtail hooked up, but they're attached to the batteries on the bikes.
The one you have is better. I also have an SAE wire extension wired into the Burgman and wrapped up in the glovebox just in case.

Moto room? I really like the way that sounds. Niiiice!

Thanks for the input. I appreciate it.

post #67 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-02-2020, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebraranger View Post

That’s a great idea. I may try this someday. Thanks
Jake Wheelie likes this.
post #68 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-04-2020, 11:40 AM

I've had the Versys laid up for a while and took it out one day and found that it would take extra cranks starting instead of starting right away. My heated gloves weren't heating. So I decided to leave the bike plugged into the charger / battery tender and those two problems went away. The bike is too new to need a new battery.

post #69 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-04-2020, 11:49 AM

Now I have to get that accessory brake light installed, the one that comes with the wireless brake light kit.

I think I'm going to drill a hole into that black plastic immediately below the tail light lens and run the wires through it back into the bike because the way I have it now, well the wire is getting in the way of being able to attach it with the double-sided tape.

I'm trying to fix that black plastic fairing that goes below the sides of the seat and toward the tail of the bike. It's pretty cheap quality plastic. It cracked when I tipped over at a stop sign.....when I came across a steep hill that was the intersecting street.

By the power of slurry I declare normalcy in the land of the Versys once again.

I plan on using some kind of faux carbon fiber wrap on those two fairings. The other one isn't cracked and if I can smooth out the minor imperfections on the cracked side.

post #70 of 73 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 07:39 PM

Garage
Been quiet over the winter months so far, no long outings and just the odd comute to work, so all ive been doing is general maintenence. But today in readiness for better weather, I baught a chinese motorcycle GPS from ebay, Im quite happy with the unit and the excelent mounting hardware that came with it, (although Iv'e had to order a ball mount that fits between the screen and front fairing on my x300)
The Nav unit looks ok but unfortunately the claimed map upgrades for iGO dont go. Thankfully it was easy to delete that software and install CoPilot with the motorcycle option.
Has anyone else had issues with these chineese android based gps?
post #71 of 73 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 08:33 PM

Over on the ST Owners forum there is a thread regarding a Chinese GPS. Here is one.

https://www.st-owners.com/forums/thr...n2-gps.146980/

Here is another.

https://www.st-owners.com/forums/thr...ge-gps.134842/

I've been trying to mount a Wolfman E-12 with Rok Straps so I can take it on and off with 4 snaps. I need 1 more strap that will be in tomorrow. I think it will work out pretty well. I want to stay away from adding a rack and extra weight and potential for vibration.

2017 Versys X300 Russell Sport, Cali Sci windshield, Moto Werk 1" lowering kit

2008 Honda Goldwing Airbag, Madstad windshield, Helibars.
post #72 of 73 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 09:19 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Gps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkshiregal View Post
Been quiet over the winter months so far, no long outings and just the odd comute to work, so all ive been doing is general maintenence. But today in readiness for better weather, I baught a chinese motorcycle GPS from ebay, Im quite happy with the unit and the excelent mounting hardware that came with it, (although Iv'e had to order a ball mount that fits between the screen and front fairing on my x300)
The Nav unit looks ok but unfortunately the claimed map upgrades for iGO dont go. Thankfully it was easy to delete that software and install CoPilot with the motorcycle option.
Has anyone else had issues with these chineese android based gps?
fasteddie asked a while ago about a Chinese GPS Fodsports https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...ht=chinese+gps
You have any more info or photos?
post #73 of 73 (permalink) Old Today, 12:36 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by onewizard View Post
fasteddie asked a while ago about a Chinese GPS Fodsports https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...ht=chinese+gps
You have any more info or photos?
I decided to replace my two Garmin Nuvi 550s w/ Garmin ZUMO 395LM ones, refurbed, at about $210US each delivered to AZ.

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode