X-300 Seat ? - Page 2 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Versys-X 300 General Discussion Please post any 2017+ Kawasaki Versys-X 300 related topics that DO NOT fit into any of the other topics here.

6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 04:23 PM

Just a follow up on the earlier post that I made about the Air Hawk seat cushion. I decided to try one on this bike because I had an Air Hawk on another bike a few years ago when I use to do long distance multi-state trips, it provided much relief then. I've finally had a chance to do a 2 hour ride yesterday using the new Air Hawk seat cushion, it works as good as I was expecting. I had no VX achy but syndrome for the first time on an hour or longer ride. You inflate it just enough to keep your but off the seat, which is about 1/4 to 1/3rd inflated. The only down side to the Air Hawk is that it can lift you up by 1/4" to 1/2" depending on how much air you need to keep a cushion of air between your butt and the seat. So if you have a short inseam, it might not be a solution for some. I also don't think its very attractive, especially with a red stripe running down the middle, my old one was just black with no stripe. But this bike is not my primary ride, so I'm not as concerned with the looks, as much as I am with function. I also think its kind of pricey at a little over $100 for what you get though, I think my old one cost me around $69 or $79 dollars.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebraranger View Post
Just a follow up on the earlier post that I made about the Air Hawk seat cushion. I decided to try one on this bike because I had an Air Hawk on another bike a few years ago when I use to do long distance multi-state trips, it provided much relief then. I've finally had a chance to do a 2 hour ride yesterday using the new Air Hawk seat cushion, it works as good as I was expecting. I had no VX achy but syndrome for the first time on an hour or longer ride. You inflate it just enough to keep your but off the seat, which is about 1/4 to 1/3rd inflated. The only down side to the Air Hawk is that it can lift you up by 1/4" to 1/2" depending on how much air you need to keep a cushion of air between your butt and the seat. So if you have a short inseam, it might not be a solution for some. I also don't think its very attractive, especially with a red stripe running down the middle, my old one was just black with no stripe. But this bike is not my primary ride, so I'm not as concerned with the looks, as much as I am with function. I also think its kind of pricey at a little over $100 for what you get though, I think my old one cost me around $69 or $79 dollars.

Good idea, but I cannot take the additional seat height, unless I lower my bike even more.
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 06:45 PM

I got a production date from Russell the same day I brought home the bike. I chose a Russell Sport seat. it is supposed to settle in to the same height as stock. I think it is about an inch higher, so I bought a Moto Werke lowering link that lowers it an inch. This is a great solution to the seat problem.

Untitled by jspringator, on Flickr
quexpress likes this.

2017 Versys X300 Russell Sport, Madstad windshield, Moto Werk 1" lowering kit

2000 Honda St1100 ABS Russell Day-Long seat, Works shock, Helibars

post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 06:40 PM

Here is my Corbin. Longest ride so far is 2 hours and I am happy with it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg corbin seat.jpg (143.2 KB, 20 views)
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 03:28 AM

Garage
I bought an Air Hawk for my V-Strom. It was great for highway droning, but I found the lateral flexing while riding the twisties to be very disconcerting.

2017 Kawasaki Versys-X 300; 2010 Suzuki V-Strom 650; 1988 Suzuki GSXR1100J
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 09:25 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RooneyCameron View Post
What are we looking at as far as wallet damage goes for a Terry custom seat?
Contact him. Every seat is different because they are custom for the rider. You choose the height, width, material, pattern, foam density, etc.

I have had solo rider seats done for $200 and custom seats for $400 and every price in between.

Attached you can see the different foams he layered for my custom Versys 650 seat.

Also a seat for my Trophy SE.

and my Meanstreak
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0323.jpg (46.6 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Versys 005.jpg (113.3 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg New Seat 003.jpg (143.4 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 002Kuryakyn Mirrors.jpg (200.1 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Meanstreak.jpg (80.6 KB, 12 views)

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode