DRY BAG 700 by SW-Motech - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Versys-X 300 General Discussion Please post any 2017+ Kawasaki Versys-X 300 related topics that DO NOT fit into any of the other topics here.

4Likes
  • 1 Post By Shibumik
  • 2 Post By Fastoman
  • 1 Post By onewizard

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-30-2018, 02:14 AM Thread Starter

DRY BAG 700 by SW-Motech

Has anyone used this on a Versys-X? Looking for your thoughts on how well it went and fitted the bike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-30-2018, 11:39 PM

Garage
I love mine! I didn't want a case back there when riding alone. I have the 600, which is perfect on my V1K. We have them on all of our bikes. These things are roomy, waterproof and tough. Plus it doesn't seem to mess with the aerodynamics like hard cases can at higher speeds. Arguably one of the best buys in biking today. When you're done, they fold up small and are easy to stow. They are also stackable. Add to that, the high-vis yellow is excellent safety choice too. Most people can't miss it. Just get it. You won't look back.

Kevin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1407BF39-56E4-4267-B7BB-A66082CF986C.jpg (23.6 KB, 51 views)
miczat likes this.

It would be nice to spend billions on schools and roads, but right now that money is desperately needed for political ads.

Andy Borowitz

Last edited by Shibumik; 10-30-2018 at 11:41 PM.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-31-2018, 12:04 AM
Super Moderator

When you live in a tropical country, you will really appreciate the DRY BAGS. Very handy and useful in wet weather and don't take much space when empty.
Shibumik and miczat like this.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-31-2018, 10:26 AM
Super Moderator

Dry Bag / Dry Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastoman View Post
When you live in a tropical country, you will really appreciate the DRY BAGS. Very handy and useful in wet weather and don't take much space when empty.
From my canoeing days, still have all the gear and Oldtown Tripper canoe, I think it is going up for sale next spring, completely rigged ( thigh braces , knee pads, anchor pads and stainless fastenings to lash in the dry packs ,and both vinyl and nylon flotation bags)
So for you camping guys, this is how I worked when canoeing, all packs/ bags are yellow or bright red, stands out in case you are going over a portage in a hurry and haven't had your morning coffee, stands out amongst the forest and weeds .
So my tent and tarp were stowed in a 30 Liter dry bag, my stove / cook set and clothing etc. in 116 Liter dry packs, the cook set and stove in bags of their own, fuel bottle with pouring spout attached, the clothing and sleeping bag acted as cushioning for the stove and cook set / fuel bottles.

Why I mention this, the very first thing we did was put up a shelter if rain was imminent, next the tent and sleeping bags, then start cooking. The 30 liter bag was the last to pack up and the firsts to take out. If we thought or knew it was going to rain the next day, the tent would be moved under the tarp, that way we could cook in the morning and pack everything up in the dry, the only thing wet was the tarp. When I say tarp, several really good ones out there that weigh next to nothing, and yes the lighter and more compact it is the more $$$$ it costs. I have both the old guides tarp and the much lighter siltarp2
https://www.mec.ca/en/products/campi...helters/c/1441
miczat likes this.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-31-2018, 10:04 PM Thread Starter

Canoeing is awesome. Apologies for going seriously off-topic, but if you want too see an Aussie river canoe trip, this is what the Noosa River in Queensland Australia looks like from surf to source
https://1drv.ms/f/s!AlOJl4D83pDcgu8xEi9D2MQYIKxKRQ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode