Versys x300 Hand Guards - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Versys-X 300 General Discussion Please post any 2017+ Kawasaki Versys-X 300 related topics that DO NOT fit into any of the other topics here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 09:41 AM Thread Starter

Versys x300 Hand Guards

Does anyone have experience with handguards that don't require removing the bar ends or relocating controls. Barkbuster Blizzards look like a good match for the V300, but its not clear that they will fit. The Givi HP4121 (while more expensive) look like a simple install, but are out-of stock at revzilla and not available at local shops. Its getting too cold in mid-atlantic to be riding without hand protection, but I'm not ready to hang up my spurs for the year. Any recommendations?
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 01:33 PM

You do need to remove the bar ends for the Givi HP4121. Have it in mind

Ride safe
Versys X-300, Ducati Multistrada 1200 ABS
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-26-2018, 10:33 AM

All most all metal frame hand guards will require the bar ends to be removed. If you don’t need a metal frame for lever & hand protection, just buy the Kawasaki ones, they come with a new clutch & brake lever pivot with nuts & spacers to fit them.

I just modified a generic metal bar type & cut the Kawasaki originals to fit with sone 4mm alloy plate mounts.

YMMV

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-26-2018, 11:35 PM

Garage
If you do get the barkbuster blizzards, I would be very curious to hear how well they work, etc.

As for other options, I've got the trackside brush gaurds with the plastic handlebar mounts, and do not recommend them. They just don't really work well at all, and are a pain. I've seen one our two forum members who use the version with the aluminum mounts, and have had good things to say about those, but I've yet to personally try them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

-“We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about.” ~ Charles Kingsley

2018 Kawasaki Versys 300x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode