Highway Peg Set up - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Versys-X 300 General Discussion Please post any 2017+ Kawasaki Versys-X 300 related topics that DO NOT fit into any of the other topics here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-03-2018, 12:59 AM Thread Starter

Highway Peg Set up

Just curious if anyone has done any highway peg kits on the X300. I don't do long rides often, but when I do it's quite a distance to get to the rallies/meetups. I can't do more than 2hrs without my knees and hips aching (all before sleeping on the ground for 3 nights!). I've seen some universal kits that attach to the 1" factory engine guards that I have, and most are quite pricey. I've also seen custom kits on MotoWerk. I like being able to take them off for the dailies and put them back on for a big trip. Putting out some feelers before I figure out what I want to do. Next long trip is mid October.

Any suggestions welcome and appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-03-2018, 06:39 AM

I wondered this myself on my 80 mile trip home on my temporary purchase of a X300!
With there being no frame near the bottom of the engine and only plastics up above, it would be
a small challenge to design something that looked OK. I too would need forward pegs on long rides,
but I usually just design something myself and make them.
This is what I did to my Super Tenere, but that bike has the engine rather forward to be able to do something like that,
not the X300. These are 14" straight forward of the normal pegs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01389.JPG (78.4 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01394.JPG (82.1 KB, 33 views)

Last edited by ACE50; 09-03-2018 at 06:46 AM.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-03-2018, 07:38 PM

I wonder if the frame sliders could be adapted for something.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...-300-2017-2018

I don't really need engine guards but that may be the only way.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-03-2018, 09:57 PM Thread Starter

I'd love to make something to this effect myself, but I don't have the ability this time. I need to get to know someone with a CNC. Being a new model, most things have had to be majorly adapted to work. I am looking to do something like the MotoWerk option here: https://motowerk.com/collections/kaw...=6859024957486 BUT, by the time I buy those and the pegs, I've spent more than I did on the bars themselves!! ...and they're out of stock.

If I can find the base clamps of a decent quality, I can probably work something out myself. I'm not too worried about looks (within reason), since it is only for the long rides. I'm a daily short-trip commuter, wouldn't need them for that.

I do like the ones you made ACE! How difficult are they to remove/replace?

Jspringator, it looks like those sliders attach at the same point as the guards, but the guards drop down enough to make it feasible for pegs if they are attached with an arm of at least 5".

I'm by no means tall and my legs aren't long... but I swear, when I hit that 2 hr mark, my joints are DONE.

Last edited by fuxered; 09-03-2018 at 10:04 PM.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-04-2018, 06:45 AM

"I do like the ones you made ACE! How difficult are they to remove/replace?"

They just unbolt and the stock bolts go back in.
I probably would have made something similar if I had kept the X300 I bought, then returned!

It's just empty space where the pegs would need to be, so most anything would look odd just hanging out there.

Last edited by ACE50; 09-04-2018 at 06:47 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode