AUX lights wiring diagram - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Versys-X 300 General Discussion Please post any 2017+ Kawasaki Versys-X 300 related topics that DO NOT fit into any of the other topics here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-19-2018, 04:18 PM Thread Starter

Garage
AUX lights wiring diagram

I bought the OEM Omron relay, and a pair of aux LED lights, (which is not OEM, but tested, 15W each, and really bright, worth for it) now I would like to install them. But unfortunately the KLE300 service manual is not available yet in the popular web manuals lib. (For the EX300, and Versys650 it is.) Anyway I really need at least the part of the lighting system page if it contains the aux, or the page of the aux system itself, or the whole wiring diagram page, so I can spare a bunch of measurings what comes from relay what goes to switch what is to fuse what comes from ignition what goes to aux lights positive etc. Or even the OEM aux (fog) lights cable harness's wiring would be perfect, so I can make a similar. If anybody has the manual and can help me in this thread, please drop me a PM, or @ mail. Many thanks.

Driving to heaven, and there's no way back home
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-20-2018, 08:46 AM
Super Moderator

Check Owners Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by infielder View Post
I bought the OEM Omron relay, and a pair of aux LED lights, (which is not OEM, but tested, 15W each, and really bright, worth for it) now I would like to install them. But unfortunately the KLE300 service manual is not available yet in the popular web manuals lib. (For the EX300, and Versys650 it is.) Anyway I really need at least the part of the lighting system page if it contains the aux, or the page of the aux system itself, or the whole wiring diagram page, so I can spare a bunch of measurings what comes from relay what goes to switch what is to fuse what comes from ignition what goes to aux lights positive etc. Or even the OEM aux (fog) lights cable harness's wiring would be perfect, so I can make a similar. If anybody has the manual and can help me in this thread, please drop me a PM, or @ mail. Many thanks.
The PDF owners manual I have explains it on pages 78 & 79, check your manual.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-20-2018, 08:57 PM

Garage
Can't help with the wiring diagrams unfortunately, but would you mind sharing what lights you did get?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

-“We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about.” ~ Charles Kingsley

2018 Kawasaki Versys 300x

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-12-2018, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by infielder View Post
I bought the OEM Omron relay, and a pair of aux LED lights, (which is not OEM, but tested, 15W each, and really bright, worth for it) now I would like to install them. But unfortunately the KLE300 service manual is not available yet in the popular web manuals lib. (For the EX300, and Versys650 it is.) Anyway I really need at least the part of the lighting system page if it contains the aux, or the page of the aux system itself, or the whole wiring diagram page, so I can spare a bunch of measurings what comes from relay what goes to switch what is to fuse what comes from ignition what goes to aux lights positive etc. Or even the OEM aux (fog) lights cable harness's wiring would be perfect, so I can make a similar. If anybody has the manual and can help me in this thread, please drop me a PM, or @ mail. Many thanks. <a href="http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/images/smilies/cheers.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Cheers" >:-)</a>
Did you get this figured out?

"one cross thread is better than two lockwashers"
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-12-2018, 10:25 AM

Did you get a price for the OEM wiring loom? www.kawasakipartshouse.com (America) list it at less than 5usd. Switch is expensive at 75usd.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-12-2018, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meljay View Post
Did you get a price for the OEM wiring loom? www.kawasakipartshouse.com (America) list it at less than 5usd. Switch is expensive at 75usd.
I bought the factory wiring harness and you were correct it was about 4 bucks and then had cycle terminal make me two pigtails for the lights which are PIAA LP 530s

"one cross thread is better than two lockwashers"
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-12-2018, 02:59 PM

This is an interesting option. Are you using the Kawasaki OEM switch that installs on the right side of the dash, or something else?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode