Power terminals/connectors at the front - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Versys-X 300 General Discussion Please post any 2017+ Kawasaki Versys-X 300 related topics that DO NOT fit into any of the other topics here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-04-2018, 09:40 AM Thread Starter

Power terminals/connectors at the front

Dear all

I will be adding some stuff to my Versys (USB lead and heated grips) and from all the information I could dig up it seems that the two power leads at the front of the bike will do that for me. If I am correct there is a white terminal that has a dummy connector (getting power from the relay that I am waiting to install) with no wires and another set of two leads that are covered in a transparent green tube just behind the headlight. I am sorry that I don't have any pictures (actually I have seen the green tube terminals in a video on the net and you need to take the headlight off to get a picture of that). I will try to post a picture from the white terminal however, later on.

My question is, do you know what kind of pins go into the white terminal? There an no pins in the dummy connector, just the waterproof caps on the back and the connector itself. I took it out and I can only tell that I need male ones. I guess if I got the original Kawasaki USB charger it would have the needed plug on but I am definitely not going to be robbed for a USB charger...

Thanks in advance

Ride safe
Versys X-300, Ducati Multistrada 1200 ABS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-04-2018, 10:11 AM Thread Starter

Pictures as promised

Ride safe
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-04-2018, 10:59 AM

Garage
Does it differ by year?
I dimly remember bullet connectors when I put the cheapo ebay USB farkle and cheapo Kawi relay on my 2016

======================

Dynamite farkle, by the way. Use it daily. Super handy to have.

Unmitigated risk aversion is the new Puritanism; complete with witch hunts funny outfits and humorless preachers thundering doom. The Deity is Safety; Satan is a Lawyer; but the object is the same: to suck the life out of life and tell you how to live it.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-04-2018, 11:29 AM

Garage
Umm, I did not use that connector, could not measure any voltage with key on. I did NOT start the bike to see if voltage was present.

I installed the relay and connected it to the other (separate) bullet connectors. Have not used this connector. The white connector that is pictured is not a 'bullet' connector.

2017 Versys 300 ABS, the fastest one ... green
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
5,000 + miles, 90% hard surface riding.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-04-2018, 11:56 AM
Super Moderator

X300 / V650 the same ?

I can only comment on the V650, however Kawasaki is known for copying circuits . On the MK-3 650, installing the relay, energizes the connector as shown used for the fog lights, it also has bullet connectors in the same location for powering heated grips etc. on the 650 the current rating was 5 amp fuse.

Just looked up the owners manual , wish we had the PDF of the service manual, as there is some conflicting data. Page 71 &72 explain 2 locations, one for fog lights rated @ 1.2 amp and a second location shown as A which will need to be identified by a X300 owner as the photo is hard to describe as to location, could be around the ignition key?? Total aux. current is 5 amp fuse as stated page 72. I am sure the service manual ( PDF )would explain more as to connectors, which I don't have access to.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-04-2018, 12:10 PM

Garage
On my Versys 1000 thats where the gear indicator plugs in. But the 1000 does not need the relay like the smaller V's do.....

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-04-2018, 01:21 PM Thread Starter

First of all, thanks for the replies.

They have provided me with some 'keywords' that I had not thought of and by doing some (intensive) searching on google I came up with these Sumitomo MT090 connectors.

The white connector is not powered when you turn the bike on (or start the engine). I used a multimeter and I couldn't detect any voltage there. From what I've read, it only gets power when the relay is installed. The same should hold for the bullet connectors that are hidden well under the front cover and headlight. I also took a look at the manual and the section is indeed very confusing. The "A" connector is definitely the white one (side and top views). There seems to be no picture for the other connector since it would be impossible to show it without stripping all the plastic covers and this seems to go into Service Manual territory. But yes, it seems there are two different connectors.

Thanks anyway

Ride safe
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-04-2018, 01:34 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzoykas View Post
First of all, thanks for the replies.

They have provided me with some 'keywords' that I had not thought of and by doing some (intensive) searching on google I came up with these Sumitomo MT090 connectors.

The white connector is not powered when you turn the bike on (or start the engine). I used a multimeter and I couldn't detect any voltage there. From what I've read, it only gets power when the relay is installed. The same should hold for the bullet connectors that are hidden well under the front cover and headlight. I also took a look at the manual and the section is indeed very confusing. The "A" connector is definitely the white one (side and top views). There seems to be no picture for the other connector since it would be impossible to show it without stripping all the plastic covers and this seems to go into Service Manual territory. But yes, it seems there are two different connectors.

Thanks anyway
I assumed you already installed the relay, on the 650 it was a extra, on the V1000 the relay is included, I assume you need to add the relay for the X300. No mention of this in the owners manual.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode