Saddlebag Supports? What do You use? - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Versys-X 300 General Discussion Please post any 2017+ Kawasaki Versys-X 300 related topics that DO NOT fit into any of the other topics here.

3Likes
  • 1 Post By 4vman1
  • 1 Post By LeewardCoast
  • 1 Post By Randyjaco

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-21-2018, 04:56 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Saddlebag Supports? What do You use?

I've been looking for saddlebag supports that will work for soft luggage as well as double as a tail protector and am a little frustrated by the scarcity of options. Happy Trails and Givi appear to be the only beefy support system out there. Shad's soft case supports are insubstantial at best.

What are you guys using on your X300's?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-21-2018, 08:04 AM

I'm using the saddlebag guards from Adventure Tech and am real pleased with them. Made my saddlebags way more solid. Unfortunately I was using saddlebags before I got the guards and now my side plates are scuffed pretty bad.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20180421-060348_Chrome_1524315847266.jpg (37.3 KB, 157 views)
LuvNot likes this.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-25-2018, 09:41 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks for the suggestion! I've ordered a set, plus a couple other goodies from these folks. If they come in this week, I hope to get them installed this weekend.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-12-2018, 07:14 PM

I’m not using anything. I have the Nelson-Rigg Sport 50 saddlebags. The rear grab rail keeps them up and out so I don’t have to worry about the tire or exhaust.
LuvNot likes this.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-15-2018, 07:11 PM Thread Starter

Garage

I installed the AdventureTech soft saddlebag supports, the wider kickstand foot, and the over-dash shelf. AdventureTech accessories are very impressive - everything is quality metal. And the prices are top notch! Definitely glad 4vman1 recommended them.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-15-2018, 07:48 PM

Garage
I made my own out of .125" aluminum plate. It was pretty simple and they work great. If someone would tell me how to Drag and Drop with an Android tablet I would appreciate it. I will see if I can get them into my gallery
Sorry my photos won't go in the Gallery either.

Randy
LuvNot likes this.

Last edited by Randyjaco; 05-15-2018 at 08:02 PM.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-20-2018, 05:47 PM

I got the universal support set online in black and also ordered custom length bolts to install them where the grab rail bolts are. Very easy to install and quite sturdy. Using Nelson rigg dry bags and have loved the set up for motocamping.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4969C4BC-5245-4FB7-A88B-409B5A9030C2_1526856366274.jpg (20.8 KB, 39 views)
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-20-2018, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvNot View Post

I installed the AdventureTech soft saddlebag supports, the wider kickstand foot, and the over-dash shelf. AdventureTech accessories are very impressive - everything is quality metal. And the prices are top notch! Definitely glad 4vman1 recommended them.
What bags are you planning on using? My AdventureTech saddlebag supports came in, but I'm not going to mount them until I pick out bags. I want to avoid the droopy look I so often see.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-26-2018, 07:20 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspringator View Post
What bags are you planning on using? My AdventureTech saddlebag supports came in, but I'm not going to mount them until I pick out bags. I want to avoid the droopy look I so often see.
I have a couple of cheap waterproof backpacks that I plan to sew together at the straps to throw over the back. They are only 20L bags, so they should be short enough to not droop, but large enough for my needs. Anything larger can sit between the bags on the back seat between them. I'll post pictures as soon as I finish them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode