Adventure Tech over the dash GPS mount - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Versys-X 300 General Discussion Please post any 2017+ Kawasaki Versys-X 300 related topics that DO NOT fit into any of the other topics here.

6Likes
  • 6 Post By 4vman1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-15-2018, 06:27 PM Thread Starter

Adventure Tech over the dash GPS mount

Hey guys, I'd like to share a product I really believe in. If you are like me, you like to have a GPS when you ride. They're not always needed, but I like to ride specific routes, like the backcountry discovery routes, where they are essential. All those who have a x300, know that there just isn't a whole lot of room on the bars, made even worse if you run a tank bag. Well, Adventure Tech made a mount that puts your GPS just over your instrument panel so you don't hardly have to take your eyes off the road. If you are looking for a way to run your GPS, I'd highly recommend this route.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180315_160313_1521156400864.jpg (39.2 KB, 305 views)
File Type: jpg 20180315_160336_1521156422363.jpg (42.8 KB, 310 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Super Moderator

logical choice.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-15-2018, 11:30 PM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
i use my phone as my GPS but i have it mounted almost the same way.... good spot for it right in view , but not to in the way good write up

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-15-2018, 11:56 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys. It really doesn't just have to be just for a GPS, it'll work for cell phones too. Anything that uses a ram mount really. I've used GPS's mounted to the handlebars for years and that works fine, but it's usually at an angle that's hard to see because of the sun and it's pretty far from looking at the road. Just thought I'd share one of the few products that make life a little easier. I have my phone mounted on the bars too.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018, 06:07 AM

My GPS has to be mounted in the middle of my field of view - anything else is distracting and often covers other instruments.
Have seen the Adventure Tech solution and like it - but there is a simpler route I'm takin: get a mounting ball with either a diamond-shaped foot w/2 holes or a bolt and mount it on the flat surface behind the windshield.
Actually right behind where the Adventure Tech mounts - GPS will end in allmost same position.
Cheaper and simpler way - but U have to sacrifice somthing: drilling one or two wholes ;o)

The Adventure Tech solution may have lead me to a solution on another idea I have (and I bet many others are tinkering with): a way to make the stock shield height adjustable.
At present I imagine perhaps a taller plate with either slits or more holes to mount the shield on, thus allowing the shield to be moved up to facilitate taller riders.
At about 6' with a 32" inseam, I feel that the shield could be 1-2-3" taller.
More about this project when spring hits town - right now we are at -1 degree C and slight snowfall....last Saturday we drove home from a ski trip to the Chech Replublik, had +12 degrees C from Prague and up way north of Berlin.
Ans as I have no garage - my toolshed is an open street......thus I'm awaiting spring for further experiments....hmmm: perhaps I should combine the two ideas: mounting the GPS ball to the adjustment plate ?
Saving my dear bike for two unneccesary holes ;o)
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018, 12:19 PM Thread Starter

That ought to work. Same principle.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018, 08:55 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesper Hedegaard View Post
...hmmm: perhaps I should combine the two ideas: mounting the GPS ball to the adjustment plate ?
Saving my dear bike for two unneccesary holes ;o)
That's a great idea. Bend the top of the plate backwards so that it has a horizontal shelf when mounted.

2017 Kawasaki Versys-X 300; 2010 Suzuki V-Strom 650; 1988 Suzuki GSXR1100J
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-17-2018, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brockie View Post
That's a great idea. Bend the top of the plate backwards so that it has a horizontal shelf when mounted.

That idea has allready been taken - see Adventure Tech's site ;o)
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-17-2018, 08:52 AM Thread Starter

You can order up to 3 ram balls with his shelf. GPS, phone, and go pro. Bet if you ask him real nicely, he could fix you up with a cup holder on that bad boy, lol.

Last edited by 4vman1; 03-17-2018 at 08:54 AM.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-22-2018, 10:05 AM

The Versys X300 has been a very fun bike to work on. I'm working on teh high front fender mount today after breaking through some mental blocks.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-23-2018, 10:31 AM

Garage
Same thing , just cut a small rectangle from a plastic cutting board (Lowes or Big Lots) , painted it black. Two sheet metal screws hold it above the instrument panel. Then two sheet metal screws to hold the Garmin ball mount. Needed to move the GPS further backward to accommodate the Madstad angle adjustment.

2017 Versys 300 ABS, the fastest one ... green
5,000 + miles, 90% hard surface riding.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 10:41 AM

Just what I was looking for. Thanks for the tip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4vman1 View Post
Hey guys, I'd like to share a product I really believe in. If you are like me, you like to have a GPS when you ride. They're not always needed, but I like to ride specific routes, like the backcountry discovery routes, where they are essential. All those who have a x300, know that there just isn't a whole lot of room on the bars, made even worse if you run a tank bag. Well, Adventure Tech made a mount that puts your GPS just over your instrument panel so you don't hardly have to take your eyes off the road. If you are looking for a way to run your GPS, I'd highly recommend this route.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode