New Kaw High Seat - Ergo Seat - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Versys-X 300 General Discussion Please post any 2017+ Kawasaki Versys-X 300 related topics that DO NOT fit into any of the other topics here.

5Likes
  • 3 Post By JeffR!1234
  • 1 Post By Brockie
  • 1 Post By Milo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-25-2018, 06:07 PM Thread Starter

New Kaw High Seat - Ergo Seat

Well I received my Kaw high seat, I guess it is also called an Ergo seat, and have ridden about 110 miles and it is a very good improvement. I rode 108 miles today on some nice roads and it is much better than the stock seat IMO. I have to have my wife ride on back to see if I keep the seat since the did not find the stock seat the least bit comfortable. So hopefully this will be an improvement for her.

But I rode some nice roads anywhere from 35 mph to 55 mph, with maybe 5 miles on the interstate doing 70-75 mph, and this seat is much nicer. It has more padding but is also firm but I didn't get saddle sore for the first 1 1/2 hours. It was nice to get off just to stretch my legs but I feel that way on any bike I have had. I just like to get off and walk around for a few mins every hour or so. This is the Kawasaki upgrade and it only costs $220 but I got a 10% discount so that was nice. But as others have said that has bought the Kaw high seat that it is a big improvement for riding and comfort. If my wife does not like this seat I may have to buy a Corbin, but I really hope this one works. One other thing she did not like was sliding forward when I down shifted or had to brake. I really tried to do this in a very smooth manner but she would still slide forward.

But I never got the feeling of sliding forward at all on this seat and it seems my jeans stuck to the seat much better with this seat than the stock. So, it is a nice seat and I like it.
Fastoman, Brockie and Devilsfan like this.

Ride safe,

JeffR

CalSci Windshield X-Large
52L Top Case
15 Tooth Counter Sprocket
1" Bar risers
Ergo Tall Seat
575 miles so far on bike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-25-2018, 08:07 PM

Thanks for your review Jeff, I'm still trying to decide on a Seat Concepts or Kawasaki High seat. My understanding is SC's seat is about the same height where you sit but raised at the front to eliminate the sliding forward problem. They typically widen the seat a little too.
Kawasaki's high seat, by raising up, becomes slightly longer. Compared with the stock seat is the rider's seat bucket moved rearward on the high seat, or just higher?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-25-2018, 08:21 PM Thread Starter

Milo,

If you want something a bit softer than you may want to go with the Seat Concept. Even though the Ergo seat is more comfortable it is still somewhat hard. I feel the seat bucket is about the same. I don't feel anything different as to the bucket being in a different location. As a side note, I forgot about the Seat Concept and maybe if my wife doesn't like the pillion seat I can try the Seat Concept for my stock seat. She just didn't like the stock seat at all since it is much harder than the previous bikes I have had. But the the Ergo seat is much nicer for me though.

Ride safe,

JeffR

CalSci Windshield X-Large
52L Top Case
15 Tooth Counter Sprocket
1" Bar risers
Ergo Tall Seat
575 miles so far on bike

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-26-2018, 08:56 AM

Actually I like my seats to be quite firm it's just they have to be the right shape. Corbin generally gets the shape right and uses hard foam but they're so expensive and heavy, also I don't care for the looks of the covers they've been using of late so I've been going with Seat Concepts for my last few bikes. The foam they use tends to be softer than I like but they'll make it firm if you request it. They're on their second version for the Versys 300 but I don't know what they felt the need to change? In all honesty I'd prefer they raise it a bit but I believe it's about the same height as stock with maybe only the front raised a little. I have a SC seat on my Africa Twin and it's about the most comfortable seat I've ever had on any motorcycle.

But Kawasaki's tall seat may just work for me too, I'm hoping I can stumble on to someone near by with one just to try.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-26-2018, 10:17 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo View Post
Thanks for your review Jeff, I'm still trying to decide on a Seat Concepts or Kawasaki High seat. My understanding is SC's seat is about the same height where you sit but raised at the front to eliminate the sliding forward problem. They typically widen the seat a little too.
Kawasaki's high seat, by raising up, becomes slightly longer. Compared with the stock seat is the rider's seat bucket moved rearward on the high seat, or just higher?
Both. I attempted to compare both, side by side but that is difficult because the high seat uses a quite different seat base. The riders seat extends an inch or so further forward and at least an inch further rearwards. The rise towards the pillion seat is definitely further rearward, but the pillion seat is still slightly longer than the original. Overall the high seat is at least 3" longer than the low seat.

I would also say that an initially firm seat is better as the foam will soften with age. Any initially soft seat usually sacks out after a few years use.

2017 Kawasaki Versys-X 300; 2010 Suzuki V-Strom 650; 1988 Suzuki GSXR1100J
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-27-2018, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brockie View Post
I attempted to compare both, side by side but that is difficult because the high seat uses a quite different seat base....
Interesting. SC told me Kawasaki's Versys 300 standard and tall share the same pan.

Anyone have both seats that could compare pan part numbers? And maybe post side by side pics of stock and tall?

Last edited by Milo; 02-27-2018 at 07:17 PM.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-28-2018, 02:30 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo View Post
Interesting. SC told me Kawasaki's Versys 300 standard and tall share the same pan.

Anyone have both seats that could compare pan part numbers? And maybe post side by side pics of stock and tall?
The pan number for the low seat is 53066-0218.
The pan number for the High seat is 53066-0566.

The part number for the high seat is 99994-1002.
The high seat is on the left, low on the right.

The High seat is on top, low at bottom.

Distance from rear of low seat to sewn seam at front edge (following the contours) 28 7/8"
Distance from rear of high seat to sewn seam at front edge (following the contours) 30 3/4"

It is difficult to photograph the exact differences, but just look at the placement of the two pegs that lock the front of the seat to the bike. On the low seat they are very near the front edge of the seat.
That indicates how much seat is in the tank area.
The high seat also has much more padding.
Pismocycleguy likes this.

2017 Kawasaki Versys-X 300; 2010 Suzuki V-Strom 650; 1988 Suzuki GSXR1100J
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-01-2018, 10:04 AM

Thank you Brockie!
Brockie likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode