Just ordered CaliSci for X-300 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Versys-X 300 General Discussion Please post any 2017+ Kawasaki Versys-X 300 related topics that DO NOT fit into any of the other topics here.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By JeffR!1234

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-06-2018, 06:13 PM Thread Starter

Just ordered CaliSci for X-300 __and Installed it !!!

Hi,

I just ordered the X-Large CaliSci windshield and it should be here within the week. I expect to pick up my bike tomorrow night and would like to get the screen as soon as possible. I know I'm buying the shield before I buy the bike but one way or another I will be getting the X-300. It is the X-Large screen since I like to be in a quiet zone and I always seem to order a shield that is too short for me. Since I seem to sit high in the saddle on bikes I thought that if it was a wee bit too tall I can have it cut down a bit. But I have ordered the tallest shield on other bikes and still had to put a Laminar lip on it.

https://www.calsci.com/motorcycleinf...ys300prod.html

I will take pics when I change it out and also a pic or 2 of me sitting on the bike with the stock screen and also the CaliSci screen so others can get a perspective of the 2.

Edited since I installed it now:

I have the CalSci installed and it is a great screen. It comes up to eye level and keeps the wind off of me totally and there is no buffeting whatsoever. The ride is so quiet and even works great when my wife rides on back. The shield arrived in just days and took about 20 mins at most to install and works great. If anyone is in the market for a shield you should really think of this screen. They have 4 sizes I believe and the screen is very solid. It doesn't flex at all. I am 6' tall with a 32" inseam and seem to always sit high in the saddle and this is the perfect height. If i sit straight up it comes up to my eyes and is just right. For $200 I think it is a great buy.
CA200 likes this.

Ride safe,

JeffR

CalSci Windshield X-Large
52L Top Case
15 Tooth Counter Sprocket
1" Bar risers
Ergo Tall Seat
575 miles so far on bike

Last edited by JeffR!1234; 02-17-2018 at 09:22 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-06-2018, 09:01 PM

JeffR!1234
Well be waiting for the pictures and comments regarding the California Scientific windshields mounted on your bike.
Good luck
PCG

Dont bother me with DETAILS!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode