Versys-X 300 KLE300B/C Service Manual - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Versys-X 300 General Discussion Please post any 2017+ Kawasaki Versys-X 300 related topics that DO NOT fit into any of the other topics here.

12Likes
  • 1 Post By Brockie
  • 1 Post By sirlirkuv3
  • 1 Post By sirlirkuv3
  • 1 Post By onewizard
  • 3 Post By Brockie
  • 1 Post By sirlirkuv3
  • 1 Post By Brockie
  • 2 Post By Brockie
  • 1 Post By tfrazie

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-16-2018, 02:30 AM Thread Starter

Versys-X 300 KLE300B/C Service Manual

Hey,

I would like to know if anybody has access to Versys-X 300 service manual?

Need it for details instruction on how to open all the fairing/cowling.

Thanks

--Versys-X 250--
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-16-2018, 06:29 AM
Super Moderator

That info should be in the supplied owners manual , it is for the 650 and I assume it should be for the X300
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-16-2018, 08:28 PM

Garage
I have a workshop manual. PM me.
I did not use it to remove faring pieces. I found that after taking off the screen that everything else is sort of integrated.

To take off the front panels you need to first remove the side panels, to remove them you need to take off the rear panels, and to remove them you first need to remove the rear carrier.

There are copious numbers of screws and bolts of various lengths and you will need to mark where they all go. you will need an 8 or 10mm socket and two different sized metric Allen/Hex tools. The screwdriver handled ones are easiest as there are plenty of them, and a large L-shaped one for the heavy rear carrier bolts.

There are also plastic pop connectors mostly at the front edge of the faring by the forks. Use a nail etc. to pop the middle pin inwards one click. Avoid pushing the pin right through the connector as they are easy to lose. Use a blade under the outside edge of the black plastic to prise them out.

The faring also has integrated pop off pegs that sit in rubber bushes mounted on the frame BUT be very cautious. Some of the many hex screws are quite difficult to locate. Recessed into the plastic parts.
tfrazie likes this.

2017 Kawasaki Versys-X 300; 2010 Suzuki V-Strom 650; 1988 Suzuki GSXR1100J

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-17-2018, 01:34 AM Thread Starter

There's no info in the owners manual about removing the fairings.

Even in the Fog lamp accessories kit manual says to refer to the service manual

"Remove the following parts (Refer to the Service Manual).
Engine Guards (Equipped Models)
Side Covers
Middle Fairings
Windshield
Upper Fairing
Middle Inner Fairing
Headlight "

I have tried dissembling by myself. but was unable to go far enough as per the picture in the manual
tfrazie likes this.

--Versys-X 250--
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-17-2018, 06:15 PM

Garage
There are many pages in the service manual, some helpful, some confusing.
As I said I never referred to the manual before removing the faring parts. Take lots of photos as you remove the pieces and be careful to keep all the fasteners for each piece separate. Eight or so plastic cups would be a great idea.

What exactly do you need to do?

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-17-2018, 09:55 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brockie View Post
As I said I never referred to the manual before removing the faring parts. Take lots of photos as you remove the pieces and be careful to keep all the fasteners for each piece separate. Eight or so plastic cups would be a great idea.

I was truly surprised as to how little they have in the owners manual for the X300, compared to the 650 ABS you would think it was 2 different companies. most technical says to go to the service manual, I guess they need to sell more manuals, that is one way of doing it. The 650 ABS owners manual has a ton of info in it, in fact there are some things that exist in the owners manual that aren't in the service manual. The ABS not functioning below 3KM per HR is one of them.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-17-2018, 11:22 PM

Garage
There are many "refer to service manual" and "contact your local Kawasaki Dealer" references in the X300's owners manual.
As you know the owners manual does not even contain a wiring diagram.

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-18-2018, 02:33 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brockie View Post

I have gotten to this stage before like this guy in his video when I tried installing the USB charger. It was very difficult to unscrew the cap.

since the fog light switch is more complicated I want to open the black cover around the headlight.

tfrazie likes this.

--Versys-X 250--
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-18-2018, 09:01 AM
Super Moderator

See The Problem

Ok no where in the manual does it show how to remove the plastic using push pins. Which look like rivets or Quick Rivet page 108 of the 2015 650 owners manual, located under sticky in the How To Forum under
Service & Owners Manuals MK-1,MK-2,MK-3 FYI this is a members only forum, please no links to this or sharing on other sites. If you look at the X300, that plastic for the windsheild has push pin or Quick rivets near the bottom and several other places, do yourself a favour and remove all this, what doesn't have push pins has bolts or allen cap screws, pay attention to lengths and make notes when removing, what went together really does come apart, some patience is required. The Quick Rivets release by gently pushing in the center of the rivet about 1/8 of a inch, you will feel it click in place, then pull the complete Quick rivet out using your finger nails, to re-install , the center gets reversed and sticks out the opposite side, The 650 owners manual displays this with photos page 108.
tfrazie likes this.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-18-2018, 05:58 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirlirkuv3 View Post
I have gotten to this stage before like this guy in his video when I tried installing the USB charger. It was very difficult to unscrew the cap.

since the fog light switch is more complicated I want to open the black cover around the headlight.
There is a whole thread on the X300 section with pictures showing different options to your project HERE http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...er-socket.html The cap which covers the hole is held in place by a metal bar and a Phillips screw. It cannot be turned out.

I went even further than your video and removed the black faring part to which you refer so that I could get clear access to the hole. Just some more screws to remove.

The job requires patience and careful attention to where all those screws and fasteners go. If you take your time, and move carefully taking pictures as you go - and carefully store all of those fasteners, and have the necessary tools the job is achievable.

Here is the cap you are attempting to remove. The metal bracket is bent as this contributor (SECoda) removed his by bending the bracket with needle nose pliers.

https://i.imgur.com/nUOJTJf.jpg
onewizard, shifted and tfrazie like this.

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-18-2018, 09:43 PM Thread Starter

Ok, thanks for all the tips.

I'l try my best this weekend and update.
Brockie likes this.

--Versys-X 250--
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-19-2018, 02:19 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirlirkuv3 View Post
Ok, thanks for all the tips.

I'l try my best this weekend and update.
Just take your time and pay attention to what fasteners go where. Keep the fasteners for each piece in some sort of order and work carefully as some screws are difficult to locate.
onewizard likes this.

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-19-2018, 04:14 PM

Garage
Further info

Amendment to above.
If you only wish to remove the front faring start with the black plastic piece that extends down to the footrest. It is held by two 8mm hex screws and 3 or 4 studs moulded into its interior. Remove those two screws and gently prise the piece from the frame.
Then the faring screen and the coloured front faring, then the side coloured farings.
That should expose the black plastic front faring that you talk about.

I needed to remove the rear farings which required the removal of the rear carrier, but you do not. Take your time. Record the many fasteners. The first time I had 6 fasteners left over.
onewizard and tfrazie like this.

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-08-2018, 08:58 AM

I haven't tackled the task of removing plastics yet but soon will. Just picked up a new '17 Vx ABS Saturday.

The video addressing frame slider installation address some plastic removal and seems helpful along with all the contributions in this thread. Thanks to all!

-Tim
NunoMt likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in