Shift Lever Upgrade¯¯LONGER - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Versys-X 300 General Discussion Please post any 2017+ Kawasaki Versys-X 300 related topics that DO NOT fit into any of the other topics here.

3Likes
  • 3 Post By Pismocycleguy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-01-2018, 10:34 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Shift Lever Upgrade——LONGER

Anyone on the Versys-X 300 Forum have knowledge of a longer length transmission shift lever that will fit on the Versys-X?
My left foot is too long to reach the shorty oem shift lever with my foot comfortably on the foot peg. Any suggestions for a dirt bike style shifter that has the same size mounting circumference and teeth count & size. A one & a half to two inch increase in length would be great. I’ve heard that the Honda XL650 Dual Sport’s shift lever may be a match. I’m hopeful!
PCG

“Don’t bother me with DETAILS!”
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-01-2018, 10:48 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Fairly easy to remove your shift-lever, and add a couple of inches to it - you COULD add a 'folding-tip' at the same time.

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-01-2018, 02:26 PM Thread Starter

Well, I got LUCKY!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pismocycleguy View Post
Anyone on the Versys-X 300 Forum have knowledge of a longer length transmission shift lever that will fit on the Versys-X?
My left foot is too long to reach the shorty oem shift lever with my foot comfortably on the foot peg. Any suggestions for a dirt bike style shifter that has the same size mounting circumference and teeth count & size. A one & a half to two inch increase in length would be great. I’ve heard that the Honda XL650 Dual Sport’s shift lever may be a match. I’m hopeful!
PCG
I found my Honda XR 650L foot shift lever in my parts bin in my garage. I measured it against the length of the oem Versys-X foot shift lever and found that it was about 2 & a half inches longer and it has a rubber protected and folding end on it. I then removed the oem shift lever from the Versys, measured the circumference and teeth of both foot shift levers, and they matched. I then installed the Honda foot shift lever and tightened to specs. Man is that a great upgrade. Now I have plenty of room for my foot and more leverage for doing gear changes. Sometimes you have to go with your inclinations. Try it, you may like it!
PCG
onewizard, Brockie and Sil3ns like this.

“Don’t bother me with DETAILS!”

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-01-2018, 02:56 PM

Well - I'm a size 10 and find the oem shift lever perfect, both in sneakers and ind boots.
So what Bigfoots are you guys ;o)
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-01-2018, 03:25 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Great info on the XR650L shifter.......would work a lot better for my size 14 boots and lowered foot pegs.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-01-2018, 06:00 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pismocycleguy View Post
I found my Honda XR 650L foot shift lever in my parts bin in my garage. I measured it against the length of the oem Versys-X foot shift lever and found that it was about 2 & a half inches longer and it has a rubber protected and folding end on it. I then removed the oem shift lever from the Versys, measured the circumference and teeth of both foot shift levers, and they matched.
Congrats on a great find. That must mean than ANY xr650 shift lever (and probably any XR shift lever) will fit the X300.

2017 Kawasaki Versys-X 300; 2010 Suzuki V-Strom 650; 1988 Suzuki GSXR1100J
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode