Stock bar end removal - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Versys-X 300 General Discussion Please post any 2017+ Kawasaki Versys-X 300 related topics that DO NOT fit into any of the other topics here.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By whisperquiet

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-23-2017, 02:02 PM Thread Starter

Stock bar end removal

Iím trying to replace the Versys-Xís stock, original equipment, bar ends. When I turn the 5mm allen head bolt securing them inside the handlebar, the complete bar end weight turns with the allen head 5mm bolt, and doesnít loosen. I tried to hold the exterior of the bar end while turning the 5mm bolt but still couldnít keep the complete unit from turning. I could probably secure the bar end by using an adjustable vise grip, but that would probably destroy the finish of the stock bar ends.
ANY SUGGESTIONS OR HELPFUL HINTS?
Thanks
PCG

ďDonít bother me with DETAILS!Ē
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-23-2017, 05:57 PM

I removed the bar end weights....briefly, you will be removing about a 5” insert and must twist the entire unit out of the handlebars. I compressed the retaining clips with safety wire, turned the Allen bolt, and pulled the entire unit out without a whole lot of effort.

Check this out .....

LuvNot likes this.

Last edited by whisperquiet; 12-23-2017 at 06:01 PM.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-23-2017, 06:53 PM Thread Starter

Whisperquiet,
I really appreciate you help and video on how to remove the bar ends from our Versys-X 300 Bikes. I have remove the left side bar end using the method in the video you sent. The only difference between my method and the video is that I didnít use any lubricant. I simply used a 5mm T-handle hex wrench and kept turning the 5mm bolt in the bar end and pulling out on the bar end. Took awhile but came out successfully.
Iíll be doing the throttle side bar end tomorrow, and Iíll be using lubricant to speed things up as was in your video.
Thanks a lot for your help and the attached video.
Have a nice holiday weekend.
PCG

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-27-2017, 06:12 PM Thread Starter

Whisperquiet,
What did you buy or use to replace your stock bar-ends
Did you use hand guards, bark busters, or some other brand of weighted bar ends?
I’m interested to know.

I hope other riders will also respond to this message to share what they found or used to replace the stock bar-ends.
Thanks,
PCG

Last edited by Pismocycleguy; 12-27-2017 at 06:14 PM.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-27-2017, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pismocycleguy View Post
Whisperquiet,
I really appreciate you help and video on how to remove the bar ends from our Versys-X 300 Bikes. I have remove the left side bar end using the method in the video you sent. The only difference between my method and the video is that I didnít use any lubricant. I simply used a 5mm T-handle hex wrench and kept turning the 5mm bolt in the bar end and pulling out on the bar end. Took awhile but came out successfully.
Iíll be doing the throttle side bar end tomorrow, and Iíll be using lubricant to speed things up as was in your video.
Thanks a lot for your help and the attached video.
Have a nice holiday weekend.
PCG
There's the major problem...it always works better with a little lubricant.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-27-2017, 08:01 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK DOG View Post
There's the major problem...it always works better with a little lubricant.

Spit will work in a pinch...

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-27-2017, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pismocycleguy View Post
Whisperquiet,
What did you buy or use to replace your stock bar-ends
Did you use hand guards, bark busters, or some other brand of weighted bar ends?
I’m interested to know.

I hope other riders will also respond to this message to share what they found or used to replace the stock bar-ends.
Thanks,
PCG
I removed the bar end weights in order to install Symtec Heat Demon heated grip liners and ProGrip 714 replacement grips. Otherwise, it is almost impossible to remove the old grips and install the new grips due to the diameter of the weights. I did not install any real handguards....only some inexpensive Tusk wind deflectors. So, the OEM inserts and bar end weights were reinstalled.

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p...d#ReviewsPanel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode