Terry Adcox Seat for the Versys 300 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Versys-X 300 General Discussion Please post any 2017+ Kawasaki Versys-X 300 related topics that DO NOT fit into any of the other topics here.

8Likes
  • 2 Post By SECoda
  • 4 Post By SECoda
  • 1 Post By ATYC
  • 1 Post By Spud

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-06-2017, 12:28 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Terry Adcox Seat for the Versys 300

The seat just arrived and it is pretty much everything I hoped for. Here are some pictures. It feels great sitting on it but I need a long ride to see how it feels over time. The way my 650 V-Strom TA seat was you completely forgot that you were even sitting on a seat. There was no pain.

Every angle I could think of

weljo2001 and twowheeladdict like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-06-2017, 04:42 PM Thread Starter

I am back in the saddle again!!!

Thank you Terry!

Just did two and a half hours of pleasure riding on the new seat. No more forward slide and no more pain. There is so much soft support in the "good' areas. It's a winner.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-06-2017, 11:06 PM

Garage
Looks great. I have and Adcox seat on my '09 - love it.
SECoda likes this.

Always trust your cape.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-07-2017, 01:02 AM

Wow, that's a nice touring saddle! Thanks for taking the time to post all the great photographs.
SECoda likes this.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-07-2017, 06:19 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Terry does great work. I had him build my flat seat for the Versys 650 to my specifications, and then spent all day with him one Saturday while he built my long distance touring seat for my Triumph Trophy.

Definitely recommend his seats and workmanship.

My Versys Travels:

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-07-2017, 08:54 PM Thread Starter

If I didn't need a better WS on the Versys 300 I would have him do the V-Strom 1000 in his slow time of the year (next month or so). (Nothing wrong with the stock WS except I want the wind deflected from my helmet).

I have tried two different Russel Day long seats and Terry's seats are every bit as good for about half the price. You send your core in on both.

Last edited by SECoda; 11-13-2017 at 06:12 PM.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-13-2017, 11:36 AM Thread Starter

I didn't know Terry was doing some bikes with Kawasaki green.

Last edited by SECoda; 11-13-2017 at 06:11 PM.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-27-2017, 04:50 PM

SECoda,
Nice looking seat. Looks very comfortable. The stock Versys-X seat is killing my tailbone.
Is the Adcox seat the same height as the stock seat? Or is lower or taller.
Thanks for posting.

Dont bother me with DETAILS!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-27-2017, 05:09 PM Thread Starter

Since it is a custom saddle you can have Terry do whatever you want with the dimensions within the limits of the core. I had him raise it about 3/4" and widen it 4" from stock. Yes the stock seat is horrible in the back. I had the same problem. Now my masseuse rides with me. ;-)

Much of it depends on your dimensions. He looks at pictures of you on the seat in various positions as well and looks at knee, hip, and back angles. He makes recommendations based on what he sees and also uses your inputs. He will tell you if you are going astray.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode