Kawaswaki Optional High Seat - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Versys-X 300 General Discussion Please post any 2017+ Kawasaki Versys-X 300 related topics that DO NOT fit into any of the other topics here.

4Likes
  • 1 Post By Brockie
  • 1 Post By Brockie
  • 2 Post By whisperquiet

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-25-2017, 12:42 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Kawaswaki Optional High Seat

Not sure if this applies to all countries but down here all Versys-X 300's come with the low seat. Kawasaki's high seat is available for purchase as an option.

I bought one and fitted it today. Kawasaki says that it is 1" higher but there is more to it than that. It is obviously built by the same contractor using the same pad material but the base is different. The seat is 1" longer for the passenger and 2" longer for the rider, plus has an up-swept front blending into the tank. The low seat is almost flat at the front and was giving me the feeling of having no support there. The high seat is more like other motorcycles, more natural.

The foam seems reasonably firm which means that it should not sack out within the first couple of years and the sitting position seems more natural and supportive. It is at least an inch higher (1" to 2" I think) which puts your head further above the screen and more into the wind blast. Perhaps it will settle with a bit of use.

Definitely worth the AU$210 I paid for it. No sliding forward feeling, knees not as bent. I am pleased that for such a "light" bike it still feels naturally suited for a western sized male. I am 5' 11".
SECoda likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-25-2017, 09:38 AM

Garage
Being short and old I lowered mine, still hoping Sargent or some one will come out with a good saddle.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-05-2017, 01:43 PM

Brockie,
What is the comfort improvement of the taller Ergo Seat by Kwai? Im 62 (188 cm) tall and would like a seat on my Versys-X that is a little taller, softer and more comfortable for longer rides. Also does the Ergo seat force you into the tank or is the slope of the seat front to back pretty neutral? Does the Ergo seat provide that, or would a motorcycle upholstery shop be a better solution?
Thanks,
PSG

Dont bother me with DETAILS!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-05-2017, 10:47 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pismocycleguy View Post
Brockie,
What is the comfort improvement of the taller Ergo Seat by Kwai? Im 62 (188 cm) tall and would like a seat on my Versys-X that is a little taller, softer and more comfortable for longer rides. Also does the Ergo seat force you into the tank or is the slope of the seat front to back pretty neutral? Does the Ergo seat provide that, or would a motorcycle upholstery shop be a better solution?
Thanks,
PSG
The low seat would give me the impression of sliding forward, which never happened - it was just an impression.
The high seat is much more "normal". I doubt that it is softer. It just has more padding and a more conventional shape. The redesigned base and foam gives the passenger a 1" longer seat and the rider a 2" longer seat.

They state 1" higher but I believe it is more. Perhaps it will compress after more miles. Easier to stand on the pegs, legs less bent when sitting. I approve although I do find my helmet more in the turbulent air. Maybe a larger screen or a deflector required.

After market and particularly "designed for your weight etc." seats may be a better choice overall but the Kawasaki Accessory high seat is a definite improvement of the low seat. It is still quite firm but may soften with use.
SECoda likes this.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-21-2017, 06:32 PM

When you state the seat is 2" longer.......are you saying that the seat for the rider/pilot is 2" deeper towards the rear of the bike and further from the fuel tank? I am 6'4" tall with a 35" inseam and the stock, low seat is a little cramped. I could certainly use a 1-2" taller seat with the seat surface/pocket 2" rearward.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-12-2017, 05:41 PM

My Kawasaki tall seat arrived and was installed.........much better for me + I have the Moto Werks foot peg lowering brackets installed. The fit for me (6'4" 220 lbs) is so much better now. The more I ride the X 300 (over 1500 miles in three weeks) the more I like it.
Brockie and SECoda like this.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-31-2017, 07:15 PM

Brockie,
Do you know the Kawasaki part number for the Ergo, Taller seat for the Versys-X 300?
After reading your review it sounds as if it meets my needs for comfort. Its longer for the rider, taller for my leg room, and hopefully more comfortable.
Thanks for the nice review.
PCG

Dont bother me with DETAILS!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-31-2017, 07:40 PM

I found that rockymountainatv.com was the cheapest place to buy the tall OEM Kawasaki seat.....FYI.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-31-2017, 09:07 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pismocycleguy View Post
Brockie,
Do you know the Kawasaki part number for the Ergo, Taller seat for the Versys-X 300?
After reading your review it sounds as if it meets my needs for comfort. It’s longer for the rider, taller for my leg room, and hopefully more comfortable.
Thanks for the nice review.
PCG
It came wrapped and boxed. The box was labeled:

Made in Thailand
Genuine Parts
99994-1002
Kit- Accessory High Seat.
Kawasaki Corp

Perhaps the aftermarket items are even better BUT this seat is a vast improvement on the stock low seat for more comfortable and longer rides.
The actual base, as well as the foam insert, are both different. The rider's seat goes further up the tank and also further rearwards before rising to the pillion perch. You do not feel like you are sitting on the rear subframe. Much more comfortable and for longer.
And remember - when you sell he bike you can put the almost new OEM back on and sell the High Seat separately.
Highly recommended.

2017 Kawasaki Versys-X 300; 2010 Suzuki V-Strom 650; 1988 Suzuki GSXR1100J
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode