Trade of rear side panels. - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Versys-X 300 General Discussion Please post any 2017+ Kawasaki Versys-X 300 related topics that DO NOT fit into any of the other topics here.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By chucksklrst

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-01-2017, 11:19 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Trade of rear side panels.

Anybody with a Green 300X, in the Colorado Denver Front Range area / or anywhere, want to trade their gray side panels for the black ones that are on my Gray 300X? If so E-mail me. [email protected].

Chuck Henderson (US Army Active Duty RET) (Colorado) STOC# 086,
RIDE a little FASTER, RIDE a little FURTHER
14 FJR1300A (Ruby FeeJeR)
17 VX300 (Little Gray Bike)
19 V1000LTSE (Flying Nun)

Last edited by chucksklrst; 10-17-2017 at 12:33 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-17-2017, 12:34 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksklrst View Post
Anybody with a Green 300X, in the Colorado Denver Front Range area / or anywhere, want to trade their gray side panels for the black ones that are on my Gray 300X? If so E-mail me. [email protected].
Need to bump this to the top of the list. Still looking for a panel trade.

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-26-2017, 05:12 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Still looking for someone with a Green 300X that wants to trade his gray panels for my black panels. Give me a shout at [email protected].

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-27-2017, 06:42 AM

Garage
I am surprised no one has jumped on this. Maybe someone with photoshop skills could render both bikes so people can see what they would look like.

The previous owner of my '08 KLR 650 did that with the engine cowling panels and it looked good.

If you don't get any takers, you could just buy the gray panels. There are several OEM vendors that have discounted pricing. I have had good luck with www.ronayers.com

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by twowheeladdict; 10-27-2017 at 05:57 PM. Reason: wrong color in post
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-27-2017, 07:16 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
I am surprised no one has jumped on this. Maybe someone with photoshop skills could render both bikes so people can see what they would look like.

The previous owner of my '08 KLR 650 did that with the engine cowling panels and it looked good.

If you don't get any takers, you could just buy the black panels. There are several OEM vendors that have discounted pricing. I have had good luck with www.ronayers.com
I want to trade my Black panels that are on my Gray 300X for the Gray panels that are on the Green 300X.

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-27-2017, 05:56 PM

Garage
Quote:
I want to trade my Black panels that are on my Gray 300X for the Gray panels that are on the Green 300X.
Sorry. You could just buy the gray panels.

My Versys Travels:

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-27-2017, 07:09 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Sorry. You could just buy the gray panels.
Yes I could, but the price is over 700 bucks. I would like to find some one who would like to trade and save both of us a bunch of money. For over 700 bucks I can live with the black panels if I have to. I would rather make a new friend and spend a couple of hours in the garage with them, swapping panels over a beer or two, than spend 700 dollars. So anybody out there that wants to trade me your gray panels from your green 300x for my black panels from my gray 300x, send me an e-mail.
onewizard likes this.

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-28-2017, 10:01 AM

Garage
Quote:
Yes I could, but the price is over 700 bucks. I would like to find some one who would like to trade and save both of us a bunch of money. For over 700 bucks I can live with the black panels if I have to. I would rather make a new friend and spend a couple of hours in the garage with them, swapping panels over a beer or two, than spend 700 dollars. So anybody out there that wants to trade me your gray panels from your green 300x for my black panels from my gray 300x, send me an e-mail.

That is crazy expensive. When the '14 Versys came out, I looked to see about buying all the green plastics to replace my red plastics on the '11 Versys and the total cost was $600. I didn't do it because I couldn't get the hand guards in green.

The side covers you seek are $173.73 each at Ron Ayers.

My Versys Travels:

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-28-2017, 10:09 AM
Super Moderator

Plastic $$$$$ Increase over MK-!

I priced the left side plastic for the 07 I sold, the guy trailering the bike was a bit of a know it all, bike went over in the trailer 2 blocks from my place, it was his friend that bought the bike. The cost to replace the complete left cowl was under $200 Canadian, the stickers were like $25. Buddy went and fiberglassed the damage rather than buying new plastic as he promised. I spent $180 for the signal portion of my 2015, so the plastic is expensive .
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-28-2017, 10:39 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
That is crazy expensive. When the '14 Versys came out, I looked to see about buying all the green plastics to replace my red plastics on the '11 Versys and the total cost was $600. I didn't do it because I couldn't get the hand guards in green.

The side covers you seek are $173.73 each at Ron Ayers.
Yes there are four pieces. $173. x 2 and $154 x 2 plus tax and maybe shipping. Around 700 bucks give or take.

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-08-2017, 05:01 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Time to bump this again. Sure would like to trade panels.

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-09-2017, 11:27 AM
Super Moderator

Have you thought about "rattle-canning" yours to grey?

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-21-2017, 04:42 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:

STill Looking.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode