New VX300 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Versys-X 300 General Discussion Please post any 2017+ Kawasaki Versys-X 300 related topics that DO NOT fit into any of the other topics here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2017, 03:19 PM Thread Starter

Garage
New VX300

I bought a silver non-abs today. I recently totaled my 2011 Versys 650. I was hoping someone knew of a givi tank lock ring that fits the 300? I see the SW motech stuff starting to trickle in so not sure what route to take, all my luggage from my 650 is givi. Also how many spare amps do we have to play with? I have grip heaters ( draw 4 amp ) and LED lights (draw 3 amp) and was hoping it would be ok. Also with the occasional cell phone charge. Thanks.

Dave
1983 Honda XL600R / M-6
2015 Ducati Scrambler Urban Enduro / M-10
2017 Versys X300 / M-12
1966 Honda CT90

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2017, 09:14 PM

I just added heated grips and I run my heated vest at the same time...
No issues
Also have a bike alarm that is always drawing power.

I added the cig power port so I can charge a cell or run gps or both
I added a led volt meter to keep an eye on the charge of the battery. Voltage drops a bit at idle but as soon as the rpm climbs just a bit the voltage is back where it should be.

I also plan on running a GoPro
Charging your cell phone takes very little power. A GoPro, gps, also take very little.

So you had a 650 and now have the x3
What do you think

I can't get over the rpm on the hyway.
I was always under the impression a piston would only go up and down so many times before the engine was worn out.
Time will tell

Rob
Old 10-15-2017, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robsx300 View Post
I was always under the impression a piston would only go up and down so many times before the engine was worn out.
Time will tell

Rob
Back in the day that was much more accurate than it is today. Vintage British motorcycles might last as long as several hundred piston cycles before things started to go wrong. Vintage Italian bikes were about the same.

Even though, eventually, the best engines available will wear out, it doesn't mean it's gone beyond repair. Todays metallurgy is such that you will most likely become tired of the bike and replace it, or grow too old to ride before the piston(s) go up and down too many times. Still, things that rub together eventually do wear out. Wait, did I say that out loud!?!?

I can't recall reading about a single modern motorcycle catastrophic engine failure (that wasn't the result of gross abuse or simple stupidity at least). Ride and enjoy the engine's song.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome

Old 10-15-2017, 05:45 PM

Look at the track record of these bikes- AWESOME! The Japanese have made an art form from lightweight , high revolution motors
that last, and last, and last - and can put up with some degree of neglect/abuse. I agree , it's tough to see your tach
at 7000 , but as I tell people, It's where she feels best!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in