Anyone LOVE their 300x??? - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Versys-X 300 General Discussion Please post any 2017+ Kawasaki Versys-X 300 related topics that DO NOT fit into any of the other topics here.

10Likes
  • 3 Post By shifted
  • 2 Post By Seahunt
  • 2 Post By CA200
  • 1 Post By IBleedGreen
  • 1 Post By twowheeladdict
  • 1 Post By chucksklrst

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-05-2017, 11:58 AM Thread Starter

Post Anyone LOVE their 300x???

I've heard a lot of people talk about the versys 300 on here so far, but not a lot of people talk about how they absolutely love the 300x and they are head over heals for the bike.Most want to change things. I want to hear some praise or rants about your 300x. Would you buy it again? would you have bought the 650 if money wasn't a factor? What are your likes/ dislikes? Who thinks its great just the way it's made?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-05-2017, 01:41 PM

It's is a great bike! You do your research, make a purchase, and hope it was the right decision. Well, This bike is BETTER than what I hoped it would be. I've done two up on it , and it rocked it!. Got a little "dirty" and it rocked that as well (solo riding ). Looks ?.. Yeah, It holds its own at the curb. This is the design of the future, 300cc's in a VERY tasty and effective package.
bigaussie, CA200 and Evan4822 like this.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-06-2017, 08:13 AM

I for one love mine. It has far exceeded my expectations. While I understand why many want to change the gearing, I've found the stock setup to be near perfect for my current riding style (old and slow) and I enjoy having a walking speed first gear when off road. All I've done to mine so far is add tank and tail bags, a GPS mount, and a Battery Tender pigtail. I could have easily afforded a 650 or larger, but don't really need the extra horsepower or torque and was much more interested in a lighter weight bike. Over the past few years I've gotten rid of a series of much larger and more expensive rides and could not be happier with the 300X.
Evan4822 and shifted like this.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-06-2017, 08:40 AM

Garage
I really love mine, I just have real thing for small bikes. Over the years I have had many large
and midsize road bikes but when I afford it I have had a small bike at the same time. I also have a 2013 Honda CB1100. In the past because of my "addition " I have had a XT250 ,a Super
Shurpa , Ninja 250 , VTR250 and list goes on and on back to 1964. I never ride off road or even on dirt roads. Living where I do you just can't. That's why I regeared it taller to make better
for city riding and county roads. I would never consider the 650, I have had a SV650 and a
V-strom 650. I also had a ER-6n hoping it would be like my SV but found I did not care for it at all. I did not like the motor. That's not to say there is any thing wrong with the Versys 650.
We had many customers with them who really liked them and I changed a lot of tires on them.
The 300 has more leg room then my CB, and is very light. It is just fun.
Evan4822 and shifted like this.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-07-2017, 02:07 AM

yeah, I love my X300; great bike, well designed, very capable machine. I wouldn't mind a bit taller gearing, but find the stock gearing to work just fine. The bike has no problem running 10-11K for extended periods- seems to get hotter putting from stop light to light; albeit, have only run it at those rpms on the freeway for 35 or so miles at a time. Really love it in the twisties

"Go Big Or Stay Home"
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-19-2017, 02:03 PM

We LOVE ours!!! People want to change things to make the bike fit them. It's just how it is. We just got back from a little trip and it did great with 2up riding on steep mountain grades. There are only 2 things we want to change. 1) The seat - It's hard as a rock. 2) Lowering links - My dh is 6' so the seat height is no issue for him, but for me being vertically challenged I need help. lol Wearing tennis shoes I am on my tippy toes. With boots it's much better. I still would like to lower it about an inch. Just so I can have more gripping power with my feet when I need to back it up.

Would we buy it again heck yeah! DH want's another one so we can go riding together.
CJRuffner likes this.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-19-2017, 05:41 PM

Garage
Can't say I have ever loved a bike. I love riding bikes. I have enjoyed all the bikes I have ridden.

My riding styles, destinations, mileage ridden, etc. and evolved over the years making a certain bike more useful than others. Of the over 20 bikes I have owned the only one I regret parting with is the '08 KLR 650 that came to me fully modified from stem to stern. My work travel schedule necessitated better long distance bikes so I let it go.

So, before you decide if a certain bike is right for you, figure out what type of riding you want to do over the next 5 years. Are you just going to commute on back roads to work or college? Are you going to want to go explore single track trails? Are you going to ride the entire Blue Ridge Parkway or tackle the Rubicon Trail? Are you going to need to do extended interstate riding a lot? Going to ride two up often? Are you heavier than the 150lb rider the bike and suspension is designed for?

Every bike is a compromise. Figuring out how you are going to use it helps determine which bike is for you.
bombdefuzer likes this.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-19-2017, 07:21 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post

So, before you decide if a certain bike is right for you, figure out what type of riding you want to do over the next 5 years. Are you just going to commute on back roads to work or college? Are you going to want to go explore single track trails? Are you going to ride the entire Blue Ridge Parkway or tackle the Rubicon Trail? Are you going to need to do extended interstate riding a lot? Going to ride two up often? Are you heavier than the 150lb rider the bike and suspension is designed for?

Every bike is a compromise. Figuring out how you are going to use it helps determine which bike is for you.
That is why one needs more than one bike. One for each occasion.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SAM_1981.jpg (54.1 KB, 100 views)
twowheeladdict likes this.

Chuck Henderson (US Army Active Duty RET) (Colorado) STOC# 086,
RIDE a little FASTER, RIDE a little FURTHER
14 FJR1300A (Ruby FeeJeR)
17 VX300 (Little Gray Bike)
19 V1000LTSE (Flying Nun)
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-19-2017, 08:54 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksklrst View Post
That is why one needs more than one bike. One for each occasion.
Even with a fleet of bikes wants change from time to time. I parted ways with my Versys because I wanted a 400 lb or less bike to haul in my truck on work trips because I had trips in the winter to warmer climes where I could ride once I got there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg My Stable.jpg (113.2 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg 2012 05 my Stable.jpg (54.3 KB, 71 views)
File Type: jpg 012 My Stable.jpg (97.8 KB, 70 views)

My Versys Travels:

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-19-2017, 09:07 PM

Garage
and my current fleet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2017 stable.jpg (226.2 KB, 93 views)

My Versys Travels:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in