Recall - Tail/Brake Light - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Versys-X 300 General Discussion Please post any 2017+ Kawasaki Versys-X 300 related topics that DO NOT fit into any of the other topics here.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-29-2017, 07:39 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Recall - Tail/Brake Light

Just a heads up. Don't slam your dealer with calls yet. It's very unlikely they have much info let alone parts yet.

Recall - Tail/Brake Light
IBleedGreen is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-31-2017, 03:23 PM
Member
 
CA200's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Madison Wisconsin
Posts: 74
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
I took a look at the tail light and took it out , I don't see how it could fall out!? Looks pretty
well built. Maybe just some of the bikes.
CA200 is offline  
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-01-2017, 07:20 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA200 View Post
I took a look at the tail light and took it out , I don't see how it could fall out!? Looks pretty
well built. Maybe just some of the bikes.
Yes, it's just some of them. The article states that 1,888 bikes are involved.
IBleedGreen is offline  
 
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-03-2017, 10:24 AM
Member
 
HDbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Hayden,Idaho
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I'm one of the lucky ones, got the recall notice in the mail yesterday. Says dont ride it until remedied, LOL. I couldnt even get an appointment until Fall for the break-in service at the dealership where I bought it, dont think they can make the 60 day limit to remedy. Ill ride it anyways, I see some jiggling in the assembly when at idle....

"Go Big Or Stay Home"
HDbob is offline  
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-03-2017, 10:30 AM
Member
 
CA200's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Madison Wisconsin
Posts: 74
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
The tail light is easy to take out and look at.
CA200 is offline  
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-03-2017, 03:36 PM
Member
 
twowheeladdict's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 4,289
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
I remember when Kawasaki got a bad batch of rubber in the late 2000s. Rubber was deteriorating rapidly. Had the turn signals on my KLR650 just flop in the garage overnight.

My Versys Travels:


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
twowheeladdict is offline  
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-04-2017, 07:55 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDbob View Post
I'm one of the lucky ones, got the recall notice in the mail yesterday. Says dont ride it until remedied, LOL. I couldnt even get an appointment until Fall for the break-in service at the dealership where I bought it, dont think they can make the 60 day limit to remedy. Ill ride it anyways, I see some jiggling in the assembly when at idle....
Yeah, we got one as well. I joked with my dh about the "do not ride" part. I asked him if the dealer's going to come and pick it up. Of course we know better.
IBleedGreen is offline  
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-04-2017, 08:40 AM
Member
 
andyversystheworld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 162
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Duct tape to the rescue!

BEST,
ANDY

"ALWAYS IN QUESTION, NEVER IN DOUBT".
Visit me at andyversystheworld on Facebook for Pictures and Updates.
andyversystheworld is offline  
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-04-2017, 08:50 AM
Member
 
HDbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Hayden,Idaho
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBleedGreen View Post
Yeah, we got one as well. I joked with my dh about the "do not ride" part. I asked him if the dealer's going to come and pick it up. Of course we know better.
LOL, that's a good one. I'm not worried about riding it, though I wonder if u had an accident on a non-remedied recall bike , would your insurance co. cover you, or tell you to go blow yourself? Anyways they are actually getting my bike done in a couple of weeks; must be some liability involved for 'em to be that fast

"Go Big Or Stay Home"

Last edited by HDbob; 08-04-2017 at 08:58 AM.
HDbob is offline  
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-05-2017, 08:54 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDbob View Post
LOL, that's a good one. I'm not worried about riding it, though I wonder if u had an accident on a non-remedied recall bike , would your insurance co. cover you, or tell you to go blow yourself? Anyways they are actually getting my bike done in a couple of weeks; must be some liability involved for 'em to be that fast
We aren't worried about riding it either. And in true biker fashion, will take the long way to get there. I tend to think the insurance company will tell you the latter.
IBleedGreen is offline  
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-11-2017, 11:04 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Recall fix when?

My options finally arrived for dealer to install after waiting three weeks and now he says they can't install options and release bike until recall is done. He says they are waiting on those parts from Kawi. Has anyone seen their dealer get the parts in yet? Kawi parts/supply chain chain seems woefully inadequate.
hilltribe is offline  
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-19-2017, 02:52 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltribe View Post
My options finally arrived for dealer to install after waiting three weeks and now he says they can't install options and release bike until recall is done. He says they are waiting on those parts from Kawi. Has anyone seen their dealer get the parts in yet? Kawi parts/supply chain chain seems woefully inadequate.
Called our dealer on Wednesday. They said that Maw Kaw has them putting in the VIN and ordering the part. Makes a whole lot of sense as there aren't many of these bikes that have the recall. Better to have the dealership request it than have parts sitting at dealerships that take up space and won't get used. The part is in for our 300 and we'll go in to have it replaced on Monday.
IBleedGreen is offline  
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-09-2017, 02:32 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Halifax, NS
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBleedGreen View Post
Just a heads up. Don't slam your dealer with calls yet. It's very unlikely they have much info let alone parts yet.

Recall - Tail/Brake Light
When I bought my x300 they called and said I had to wait until the recall part was received from another dealer and installed before I could take my bike home"..

Bulbs were falling out of the socket on some bikes........?? I don't know ..
Robsx300 is offline  
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-10-2017, 10:35 AM
Member
 
CA200's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Madison Wisconsin
Posts: 74
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Well turns out mine is a recall one two, my dealer emailed me and said they had the part,
will get it fixed next week .
I will post pic. if I can see both parts.
CA200 is offline  
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-12-2017, 05:35 PM
Member
 
CA200's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Madison Wisconsin
Posts: 74
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage

So had the taillight replaced. I could not see any difference . Maybe the spring that holds the bulb is stronger !??
CA200 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome