Seat concept seat for x300 update - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Versys-X 300 General Discussion Please post any 2017+ Kawasaki Versys-X 300 related topics that DO NOT fit into any of the other topics here.

14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-22-2017, 03:31 PM Thread Starter

Seat concept seat for x300 update

As of Friday ,7/21,Seat Concepts now has available seat for X300.Just ordered mine. Carbon Fiber with Green pipping. $184.00 plus shipping.
codeman1398c likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-22-2017, 07:48 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by katkwik View Post
As of Friday ,7/21,Seat Concepts now has available seat for X300.Just ordered mine. Carbon Fiber with Green pipping. $184.00 plus shipping.
Is it the whole seat or just the foam and cover

Deep in Cajun Country
post #3 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-22-2017, 09:45 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorboy View Post
Is it the whole seat or just the foam and cover
Cover and foam only - no pan and assemble yourself. https://seat-concepts.myshopify.com/...7-versys-x-300

Disappointingly they do not show a picture of the seat, and if it has a different profile, or how theirs is different from OEM

Last edited by Brockie; 07-22-2017 at 09:50 PM.

post #4 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-23-2017, 03:42 PM

Garage
This goes without saying...so I'll be the one to say it anyways, post pics when you've got it and any progress pics you might take! I'm very interested in how it looks/feels when swapped out.
andyversystheworld likes this.
post #5 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-25-2017, 05:14 PM Thread Starter

I just talked to Scott at Seat Concepts and he informed me they are moving there whole operation from California to Caldwell Idaho this Friday-Sunday. They will change their website accordingly. He also mentioned they will have photos of the x-300 seat. He said it would be safe to place an order towards the end of next week. By moving,much bigger facility, great tax break,can hire many more workers to accommodate specialty request like my green piping.Keep you all posted.
post #6 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-02-2017, 10:05 AM

That's a good price I think when I get mine I'll get this one Corbin has one but it is $473.00 here's the linkhttp://corbin.com/kawasaki/kvrs300x.shtml

You can always do what this guy did
LOL
post #7 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 02:53 PM

Garage
I ordered mine about a week ago. It's coming in tomorrow, so well ahead of lead time. I'll keep you guys updated when I get it swapped out.
post #8 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-05-2017, 01:58 PM

Did the SeatConcept Seat Arrive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubsdnf View Post
I ordered mine about a week ago. It's coming in tomorrow, so well ahead of lead time. I'll keep you guys updated when I get it swapped out.
Kubsdnf,
When will you posting a photo of the new seat? Today is November 5, 2017. Been several months?

ďDonít bother me with DETAILS!Ē
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-16-2017, 06:37 PM

Which Seat Concept upholstery choice is BEST?

If you visit the SeatConcept website youíll notice they off three choices of upholstery material for the Kawasaki Versys-X 300, seat Version 2.
1. Carbon fiber Sides with Gripper top
2. All carbon fiber
3. Vinyl Sides with Low Slip Top
Iím trying to decide which upholstery choice to pick for the seat Iím ordering.
Anyone on this Forum, or a visitor, want to offer an opinion?
Years ago I tried the Carbon with Gripper Top on my KLR650 and found it didnít allow me to slide around on the seat very easily.
Iíve had one of their All Carbon Fiber upholstered seats on my NC700X and liked that.
But looking at the photo of the Low Slip fabric topping, the upholstery design looks very nice. Iím tempted to order this style.
Anyone with advice, opinions or experience with the Low Slip Top fabric would be appreciated.
PCG

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-18-2018, 01:45 PM

Garage
The first seat was too hard and the second seat was too soft .... stop me if you have heard this story/fable before .. lol

Installing the (just right, hopefully) Seat Concepts Version 2 for the 300. The shape is the same as stock. I will remove some of the foam (underneath cut) from the thigh area and the hump. I do not cut the top side , its tricky, makes a mess and tough to make it look smooth. I ordered the vinyl/grip combination cover.

Will post a followup after my first six + hour long day of riding.

FOLLOWUP:
One hour riding time, the kit or entire seat is well worth the money, IMO best mod for this bike. Its a touch firmer than my Honda CTX but far superior to the stock seat. I now have four smiling cheeks .....

Installation:
Go to the FAQ section at Seat Concepts. The T-50 staples are a must to use (they won't bend). I used a new air stapler, could easily used my old electric if I had ever tried the T-50 staples. You could wrestle with a manual stapler (IF the T-50s fit) because the plastic is still somewhat malleable when new.

2017 Versys 300 ABS, the fastest one ... green
5,000 + miles, 90% hard surface riding.

Last edited by wheels2ride; 07-21-2018 at 10:01 PM.
post #11 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-19-2018, 12:24 PM

Good deal - I popped for the Corbin - love it.
andyversystheworld likes this.

2017 Versys-X 300 (Non ABS)
1978 KZ1000 Z1r
2013 CBR1000RR Repsol
post #12 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-06-2018, 04:20 PM

Seat Concept ďTALLĒ seat for Versys-X 300

Has anyone purchased the ďTALLĒ SeatConcept foam and cover for the 2017-19 Kawasaki Versys-X 300 from SeatConcepts?
Itís an inch and a quarter taller, and wider than the the stock seat and SCís standard seat kit. It appears that the stock seats hump has been removed or lowered to allow rider slide back.
Iíd like to receive some opinions and feed back from buyers of this seat.
And Iím also in the market to purchase a seat pan, or complete seat, for the 2017-19 Versys-X 300.
Thanks for helping.
PCG

post #13 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-06-2018, 04:28 PM

Countershaft or rear chain ring sprocket?

For changing gearing, which sprocket, front or rear, is the easiest to remove and replace with another sprocket?
I want to add one tooth to the countershaft sprocket or remove 2 teeth from the rear sprocket.
Which change would allow the largest, higher, increase in gearing? (to lower engine rpms?)
I understand when replacing the countershaft sprocket, there is an increase in chain/sprocket noise due to no rubber silencer on the replacement countershaft.
Iíd appreciate your opinions.
PCG

post #14 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-06-2018, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pismocycleguy View Post
Has anyone purchased the “TALL” SeatConcept foam and cover for the 2017-19 Kawasaki Versys-X 300 from SeatConcepts?
It’s an inch and a quarter taller, and wider than the the stock seat and SC’s standard seat kit. It appears that the stock seats hump has been removed or lowered to allow rider slide back.
I’d like to receive some opinions and feed back from buyers of this seat.
And I’m also in the market to purchase a seat pan, or complete seat, for the 2017-19 Versys-X 300.
Thanks for helping.
PCG
Here is two pictures showing the difference in the seat profile of the standard foam and the new tall Seat Concepts foam and pictures of the completed seat. I chose all carbon material. Note that the tall seat from Seat Concepts using the standard seat pan not the tall. They do not make a cover for the tall pan.

The seat is a lot more comfortable. I like the taller seat. The seat has less tilt forward but the pillion is angled more forward but I won't have passengers so it does not matter to me. If you do, then it might be an issue.

Here is a link for a gif of the two different foams. Hopefully it works: https://photos.app.goo.gl/dxj6VwE1co6Y2jSn6
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4252.jpg (78.3 KB, 88 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4253.jpg (85.3 KB, 87 views)
File Type: jpg LRG__DSC8298.jpg (54.8 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg LRG__DSC8299.jpg (59.4 KB, 73 views)
Pismocycleguy likes this.

Last edited by Msprygada; 09-06-2018 at 05:02 PM.
post #15 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-06-2018, 04:57 PM

Pismocycleguy....
I changed to a 15t countershaft sprocket....just what the bike needed for me and can't tell any difference in the sound level as I always wear earplugs. It took about 15 minutes including the chain adjustment.
post #16 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-06-2018, 08:34 PM

whisperquiet,
Where did you purchase your 15 tooth sprocket? Who made it, which brand name?
Was the 15 tooth sprocket thinner, side to side, than the stock 14 tooth with the rubber on one side?
Really appreciate your speedy reply to my questions. Sounds like the countershaft sprocket is the quickest fix.
Thanks,
PCG

post #17 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-06-2018, 08:45 PM

Msprygada,
Your reply to my questions was fantastic! The explanation about how NOT to use the Kawa High Seat, Seat Pan, to install the SeatConcepts foam and cover was terrific. Saves me from making an unneeded purchase. I also thought the seats, and seats foam, profiles, and the comparison, side by side photos of the differences between just the white seat foams, was very tellin and helpful!
Your photos are worth more than a thousand words!
One more question involving the seat dimensions, what is the measurement, width, of the widest section of the riderís seating area? I just want to make sure itís at least 11 or 12 inches wide.
Thanks,
PCG

post #18 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-06-2018, 09:01 PM

The tall seat is a must have if you can manage being up that much higher. 1.25" is a bit of an understatement, but I love how much more comfort it provides. Mine is the gripper top, which helps with navigation of the bike through twisty things. Especially now that I've swapped the stock tires
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180906_185905_1536285588887.jpg (30.6 KB, 71 views)
File Type: jpg 20180906_185857_1536285599222.jpg (28.6 KB, 69 views)
post #19 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-06-2018, 09:04 PM

JT Sprockets JTF1539.15 15T Steel Front Sprocket https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0068OCPKA..._XXDKBb7MMEE6B
15T sprocket I used. The sound difference is minimal, however I've got a Yoshimura slip on so it's not like I would notice much
post #20 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-06-2018, 09:08 PM

Also Pismocycleguy, the tall seat is just over 11" wide for the rider position. The most important thing is that it rides up the tank a good 2 or 3 inches to prevent a good ouch up front...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode