Engine guard with optional lights - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Versys-X 300 General Discussion Please post any 2017+ Kawasaki Versys-X 300 related topics that DO NOT fit into any of the other topics here.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Naitramde

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-20-2017, 08:27 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Engine guard with optional lights

My bike should be done by next week and includes the engine guard, 12v adapter and center stand. I did not get the Kawi optional "fog" lights that mount on the engine guard as I seldom ride at night. Then I got to thinking that maybe a reason to have them was for greater visibility during the day. Has anyone considered this? There are some posting about replacing the stock tailight bulbs with brighter ones. I'm all for anything that increases my visibility. I'm assuming the headlight comes on automatically when starting the bike.

Last edited by hilltribe; 07-20-2017 at 08:29 AM. Reason: change word
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-20-2017, 09:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Greater visibility is half of the reason I installed driving lights. Pictures in the link...

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...-brackets.html
SECoda likes this.

Ed

2011 Versys 650

Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent... Proverbs 17:28
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-23-2017, 09:51 AM

I have two sets of LEDs on my V-Strom 1000 with the Mondomotos on all of the time with the key just for visibility. They are the first things traffic typically sees.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-29-2017, 10:43 PM

Definitely for greater daytime visibility. Does anyone know what type connector the Kawasaki fog light harness has? I'm interested in the DM micro style lights supplied with Deutsch connectors. Would like to run them all the time when key is on, but the Kawi fog light harness has a switch plug, so I don't know how all that would work.

Forgot to ask...I've been unsuccessfully trying to find a website for Mondo Moto. Are they still in biz?

Last edited by Skooter; 10-29-2017 at 10:44 PM. Reason: forgot to ask about Mondomoto
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-30-2017, 08:18 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skooter View Post
Definitely for greater daytime visibility. Does anyone know what type connector the Kawasaki fog light harness has? I'm interested in the DM micro style lights supplied with Deutsch connectors. Would like to run them all the time when key is on, but the Kawi fog light harness has a switch plug, so I don't know how all that would work.

Forgot to ask...I've been unsuccessfully trying to find a website for Mondo Moto. Are they still in biz?
http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ighlight=mondo I checked the saved link, looks like they are gone, my last contact with them was they were no longer shipping to Canada. Looks like they are done.

Below is some links for the plugs, you will need to sort out which one.

050 Connectors

Motorcycle MT .090 Sealed Series - Connector and Terminals
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-30-2017, 04:50 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
First, I bought my bike used with the following, so I know nothing about brands or how to install. IMHO, the best increase in visibility to the front is the flashing front high beam light. It is so easy to use, just leave your high beam on. If you need high beam at night, there is a little light sensor mounted up front that stops the modulation of the light when it is dark. ( I know it works, because the flashing stops when I pull in to my garage). To the rear there are some small, red LED's at top of license plate that flash those lights 3 times (I think) when I first apply the brake lever. When at a stop and a driver has not yet arrived behind me, I grip and release the brake lever repeatedly so that the blinking of lights happens as somebody approaches. Just my $0.02, keep us posted.

Forty years away from 2 wheel fun. Sure is great to be back smelling the roses!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode