Crash Report ( already?) - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Versys-X 300 General Discussion Please post any 2017+ Kawasaki Versys-X 300 related topics that DO NOT fit into any of the other topics here.

7Likes
  • 1 Post By HDbob
  • 1 Post By Fuzzy74
  • 1 Post By Arion
  • 1 Post By fasteddiecopeman
  • 1 Post By silviefox
  • 1 Post By twowheels
  • 1 Post By Fastoman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-03-2017, 10:25 AM Thread Starter

Crash Report ( already?)

OMFG!!!! HOLY BUCOLIC BYPRODUCT, BATMAN!!! Freakin' plastic bike.....

anyways, I was out Saturday working on another heat cycle for the new break-in, and was riding by this gravel pit off the hwy, and though to myself lets just go in there for a quick minute . It was hard pack gravel and a little sand and kinda flat, and hey, you can bust the rear loose pretty easy; cool man, ( I bet I look kinda kewl out here from the asphalt, sliding around and sh!t, I thinks to myself, this is bitchin' I goes a little further in, ooh that sands a little deeper, oh my, there is a pit back here, hey I'm up on the rim OK take it easy, OK, here we go just make this turn, ah nice & easy, sh!t the sands geting deeper, take it easy.... oh F^#%ck, let s get the bike up before someone sees us, sh!t, OMG, look the shifter peg, **** the fairing is scratched

8 mile an hour low side, peg was easy to bend enough to get home, took it off bike at home fixed right it up; got some small scratches and indents in the fairing; left side mirror spins loose on impact; biggest damage born by ego- that will learn me- always remember the first rule of motorcycling: when in doubt apply throttle, it may not solve the problem, but will certainly end the suspense ( been nice if I could of waited until my engine guards arrived from wherever in India MaKaw is hiding them
aboyandhisversys likes this.

"Go Big Or Stay Home"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-03-2017, 11:00 AM

Glad your OK. As pilots say any landing you can walk away from is a good one, but to be a great landing the plane has to be able to fly again. Sounds like your Versys is still flying.

How about a little info on the crash bars you have on order? How long ago did you order? I haven't seen them available anywhere yet.
HDbob likes this.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-03-2017, 11:09 AM

Glad you're OK and the bike isn't too badly banged up. And I just thought of another reason Harley's are good - people don't take them into the sand intentionally!
HDbob likes this.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-03-2017, 11:38 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arion View Post
...And I just thought of another reason Harley's are good - people don't take them into the sand intentionally!
But they USED to! Here's a TWO minute slide show of when REAL MEN (and WOMEN!) rode Harleys off-road!

- -
HDbob likes this.

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-03-2017, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
But they USED to! Here's a TWO minute slide show of when REAL MEN (and WOMEN!) rode Harleys off-road!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQG3XGybHrQ

- -
Weren't that many paved roads to begin with - especially in Alberta!

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-03-2017, 09:33 PM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
glad you came out ok from your downing ... heres a vid of me dropping sylvester due to wet grass...

and thats part of the reason ive held off on riding any of the forest roads up here (no engine cage and pilot power tires)
HDbob likes this.

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-04-2017, 12:58 AM

Garage
Highly recommend installing SW-Motech crash bars if you decide to off pavement again. They'll pay for themselves in prevented damage. You can even park your bike on it's side with them
HDbob likes this.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-04-2017, 03:30 AM
Super Moderator

Glad you are Okay....lesson learned to be kept in mind always.
HDbob likes this.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-04-2017, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
Highly recommend installing SW-Motech crash bars if you decide to off pavement again. They'll pay for themselves in prevented damage. You can even park your bike on it's side with them
Most of us will do just as soon as crash bars become available for the X 300.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-04-2017, 11:54 AM Thread Starter

Wow, thanks for the concern guys. No worries, bike seems fine, took it riding up in the hills yesterday. Was worried I might of knocked something out of alignment, but seems to handle fine.

I ordered the Kawasaki engine gaurds, when I purchased the bike, they said a couple of weeks. Posted a crash report mainly to provide info on how flimsy the bike is: not very much- MaKaw designed this bike for 3rd world markets, with crappy "roads" and all, wouldn't sell for long if every drop or dump caused expensive damage or rendered machine un-ridable, me thinks.

Nice slide show, yep they was real men back then, and riding Harley's was not about riding to the dealership to buy overpriced, made in china farkles, and 'motor clothes'. The 'wimin folk' rode too, in fact during WW II, most the guys were overseas, and women owned the road, MCs like the Motor Maids ( the SO is a motor maid) started up. I posted about dumping the versys to also keep myself honest, but my fragile male ego demands that I let you guys know I got the SO into riding, I coached and pushed her ; had to get to get a few drinks in her to get her to go for that first ride on the back of my Vulcan 500. Got my 1500 the next year, she got her endorsment and rode the 500 all the way to SF Bay area and back that year. Got vstar 1100 the next. Oh but then she needed a harley, she got a Softail, I kept my 1500 until the cam tensioner went @ 60 k on the clock ( did u know that good times protection plan does not cover work done to bike under warranty by shop, it pays for it, but won't include the repaired whatever in the warranty after that). She's an RN, makes decent coin. Bought the dyna for me to ride, how could I say no? ( I'm poor). Just bought out the remaining contract from her, with 72k on the dyna.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20170703_193209308_HDR_1499184424130.jpg (34.8 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20170703_192643728_HDR_1499184450183.jpg (41.9 KB, 58 views)
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-04-2017, 07:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQG3XGybHrQ

- -
Dude, this is what the real men(boys) in the Harley world do nowadays:

"Go Big Or Stay Home"
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-05-2017, 04:02 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arion View Post
Weren't that many paved roads to begin with - especially in Alberta!
FIRST time up the Alcan for me ('66) it was dirt after Mile 100. Alberta...? Hell - we just rode whatever direction was appropriate......! DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' PAVEMENT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDbob View Post
Dude, this is what the real men(boys) in the Harley world do nowadays:...
LOVE to see one of the "wheelie-boys" out in the dirt.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode