Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By onewizard
  • 1 Post By fasteddiecopeman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-02-2020, 12:36 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Changes / New Forums / Modernization

We now have a new Technical Discussion / How To Posts/ All Models https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...ts-all-models/

it's purpose is to allow us to include PDF files within our community , but maintain privacy and also allow discussion of threads from How To forum which happens to have a minimum post count permission to post there.

The X300 now is aligned with the other two forums, V650 General, V 650 Technical
two old forums will be deleted in the X300 and a change in title for the old pictures / video's to Versys -X 300 Member rides / Pictures & Video's

As time permits I will move appropriate posts. This is to get in line with the other two forums, V650 and V1000. The intent is to get more people involved and make this forum ( X300) a better place for all. Some cuts were made , the reason was for a lack of views and lack of posting. This has been discussed by us Super Moderators

Also effective April 1,2020, all new members need one post and 24 hours to be a full member. This is to get inline with other existing forums like Facebook which happens to have a sign in option on this forum. So if you are a member and don't post, too bad, 1 post isn't asking a lot.

For those that have put up with my thread moving over the last two years, the prime reason was to protect a valuable resource that we have, I am referring https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...rt-torque.html to PDF , if you need a explanation click on here;

The Member Only/ Group Rides / Other Topics https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...-other-topics/ has been restored for it's original purpose of posting upcoming rides etc. where only signed in members can see the thread / post.
turn8a and Fastoman like this.

Last edited by onewizard; 04-04-2020 at 11:46 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-04-2020, 08:37 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Can you make it easier to post pictures?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-04-2020, 09:45 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Work In Progress / WIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy74 View Post
@Fuzzy74
https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...otobucket.html

Working on making finding things easier . Posts like yours is welcome, if you have trouble, there are 10 more that haven't spoken. I am trying to clear up a multitude of Series regulator and other electrical posts that only I and a few others understand--wait, I am not sure even if I understand why I posted about phase loss test for a series regulator, but we have one now, and that is all that is contained in the thread in How To .

More changes are coming to make it easier to find actively posted topics without searching. I am not talking stuck threads, a actual index, alphabetical and separate for each forum, a sub forum. Waiting for IT to come up with a model.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-04-2020, 10:11 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

New Idea / IT

Quote:
I am going to see if we can add a sub title for us Super Mods to add the how to post link or the complete instructions within the gallery. For those not aware, this forum hosts 1000 photos for members , 60 photos per album , for Super Mods it is 2000 . yes there are other methods out there. At this time I wish to point out about those other methods and the end result of using them. There are countless posts within this forum that have been rendered useless
I say that in reference to PhotoBuckets , there may be other means but I am very happy with my gallery photos,primarily used in the help threads of How To and other forums. They were posted once by me, unless this site fails , I am not worried about losing some valuable photos, I think about the valve shim 1/T and 1 over T , If you are posting in a How To thread, please use the Kawasaki Versys Gallery , if your photo hosting site starts charging $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ransom , your efforts of posting the help thread isn't lost.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-05-2020, 07:45 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Other forums I participate in all allow uploading direct from my computer or phone straight into post. I have read the sticky instructions and loaded pictures, but I find the extra step of uploading to gallery and then copying code to post cumbersome and mostly don't bother. Maybe I am the only one with the wish for loading direct to post.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-06-2020, 10:46 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Photo Hosting / Other methods

Quote:
Other forums I participate in all allow uploading direct from my computer or phone straight into post. I have read the sticky instructions and loaded pictures, but I find the extra step of uploading to gallery and then copying code to post cumbersome and mostly don't bother. Maybe I am the only one with the wish for loading direct to post.
@Fuzzy74
You can load directly from Flickr using BBcode onto this forum directly
or any other photo hosting site, using share with copy and paste into the thread you started. No need to use the Gallery of this forum.

Flickr
Identical to the forum except you have a pick of size . Like all good things, they come to a end , I found this ; Flickr has always offered two types of accounts: Free and Pro. Until January 7, 2019, free accounts had up to 1 TB of storage. On January 8, 2019, the account offerings changed. The free option is limited to 1000 photos or videos stored, with videos limited to 3 minutes.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-06-2020, 01:58 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quote:
You CAN - after your message is written (BEFORE posting it), use the Drag and Drop File Upload which is showing below your POST.
onewizard likes this.

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode