Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Shinko E804 & E805 Installed.

7K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  chudzikb 
#1 ·
It was a battle, but they are on. So far I only have about 50 miles of on road riding on them. They are very smooth and quite on road. I will update with off road results later.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

See less See more
#3 ·
It was a battle, but they are on. So far I only have about 50 miles of on road riding on them. They are very smooth and quite on road. I will update with off road results later.
They look really great on the bike!! I am really thinking of them as my next choice. Would love to get an update on how they perform.
Tough I am still very confused about the entire tube-thing. The E804 100/90-19 are listed as TT so no problem there. But the E805 130/80-17 are listed as TL. So I'm really curious how you set them up. Just put a tube in them? (with all the concerns about internal friction and so on...) Or did you do the conversion-seal the beads-trick?

#5 ·
I run the same combo on my 11 ADVersys 650. I went the DIY tubeless route and they have been holding up very well for the last 3K miles. :wink2:

Attachments

#6 ·
Shinko Tire Update

A little update on my Shinko 804 & 805 tires. After 3300 miles the rear tire was getting worn down. I decided to spend $80 and buy a tire grooving tool on Amazon. Took about 10 minutes to cut the grooves back where they were originally. Maybe I can get another 2000 - 2500 miles out of them.

These tires have been through mud, gravel, sand and a bunch of road miles, I am very pleased with them so far. I will probably get another set when these wear out.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.