Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Road Trip On The V To St.Louis In The Morning

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  weljo2001 
#1 ·
Got a wild hair and i'm taking the versys to st.louis first thing in the morning. going to visit a brother in wentzville and a cousin in st.louis both just got out of the hospital. I guess i'll call my boss on monday and tell him i'll be back thursday. I'm leaving out about 5am if any v riders in the area want to meet up while i'm there. my cell phone number is 562-274-2034. i'll be there till wednesday morning.

#2 ·
Well its 3:40am pulling out in about 10 minutes. if anyone sees a blue v hauling butt through oklahoma and missouri its me. so if you wave i will wave back:yeahsmile:

#6 ·
Got here at about 4:30pm It was right at 700 miles Had breakfast in ardmore oklahoma. got gas frequently to give the legs a break stopped at a few rest areas also. been over 20 years since i've put over 500 miles on a bike. Speeds were great running mostly 75-98mph rolled it up to 110mph playing with a couple mature hotties in a convertiable mustang. Lot of bikes on the road today and only a handful didn't wave. First one that didn't just happened to be a bmw. Stopped in a town named Bourbon about 100 mile out of st.louis super cute waitress and great chicken-n-dumplins and coconut cream pie. If it wasn't for the baldwin seat i probably couldn't walk right now.little soreness but nothing to complain about. the bike ran great at fast speeds all day. it was like it was having a better time than me. the garmin zumo 550 worked fantastic paired to my cell phone and the scala rider listened to music got all my calls and the directions came through loud and clear.:cheers:

#8 ·
I know better than to drive that fast in texas officer.:D Posted speed on the main stretch i was on were 75mph had to cruise in the mid 80's not to get run over. One thing cool about missouri is all the big digital road signs telling motorist to be aware of motorcycles all the way through the state.

#9 ·
Met up with user name Goodwijo yesterday in O'Fallon had some good conversation and switched out seats to compare the baldwin tall and baldwin standard height. He had the green stitching on his seat and man did it look good. the photo on the baldwin website doesn't do it justice. took some photos of both bikes will post when i get to my home computer.:thumb:

#10 · (Edited)
Left wentzville about 3:45am today got home at 3:50pm.Nice ride all the way except got rained on pretty good about an hour from home. No complaints at all about the bike 700 miles there and 700 miles back just stopped to gas up and go.ate lunch outside of tulsa. Bought the versys for a commuter but an extended trip is no problem for this bike. Got a photo of the bike out at lock and dam #25 at winfield mo. use to fish there when i was a kid and got a few shots of mine and Goodwijo's bike.Was expecting my h/b crash bars when i got home but my yoshi slip on was here instead just ordered it saturday it came in monday.

#11 ·
Sorry i missed you coming thru, would of liked to see and meet another V rider. Glad you had a safe trip!!

#12 ·
Would have been nice. Lots of bikes on the road in missouri sunday. looked hard didn't see a versys anywhere. Went through Springfield abot 7:00am today was hoping to see Element out on the road. The Versys get more looks than any bike i've had.

#14 ·
Was in line at a toll booth and a guy pulling a boat with a triumph in the bed of his trunk almost broke his neck trying to get a good look.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.