Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

2009 Blue Versys

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  kiwi 41 
#1 ·
Hello to Everyone. Wished I started riding years ago. Took MSF course last fall and it was suggested to me I start small and being that I am 6-04 a Kawasaki KLX250SF proved to be a good fit for me. Put 1925 miles on that bike between last fall and this spring (live in Massachusetts) and decided it was time to move up. Traded the 250 which is a terrific bike in and got a new 2009 Versys end of April and have put 280 miles on it. Love this bike as well.

#4 ·
From Marlborough. Did you have a dealer do your 600 mile service and if so what did it cost? I'm thinking of changing my own oil, check brake fluid levels etc but don't want to void the warranty. Doesn't seem they do much more than this. What's your thinking on this?

#5 ·
I did mine myself, like you said change oil, check fluids, check bolts for tightness, thats what the manual says to check. Bought mine new I now have over 11,000 miles gave it regular oil changes, lube chain about every 500 miles and adjusted slack twice on the stock chain, and just replaced the chain and sprockets went with A 44t, new tires, and cleaned the air filter once. not bad for the miles ridden just regular routine maintenence and no problems.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.