Forum search engine feature problem - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Verticalscope Forum Support / Help (Kawasakiversys.com) Questions about forum functionality or suggestions for improvement. Need help finding what you're looking for? Let us know here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-30-2008, 06:03 PM Thread Starter

Forum search engine feature problem

Love the forum, but everytime I try to use the search feature, I get this message: In order to accept POST request originating from this domain, the admin must add this domain to the whitelist. Does anyone know what this means? Can anyone give me some advice on how to fix this problem so I can use the search feature?

'I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellent'

Yeah, that’s a statistic sample size of 1, category “anecdotal evidence”, but there it is.

"You just got killed by a Daewoo Lanos motherfu#&er!!" -Red, from Pineapple Express.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-30-2008, 07:12 PM

I couldn't tell you. All I know is that the search works for me.

ETA: Thinking about it some more makes me think that the search query uses the POST method and the server doesn't like the domain or ISP you're originating from. I realize that this information likely doesn't help you.

Last edited by hugerider; 07-30-2008 at 07:14 PM.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-31-2008, 03:41 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeezix View Post
Love the forum, but everytime I try to use the search feature, I get this message: In order to accept POST request originating from this domain, the admin must add this domain to the whitelist. Does anyone know what this means? Can anyone give me some advice on how to fix this problem so I can use the search feature?
I think this is fixed now, can you try again and let me know?

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-31-2008, 04:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
I think this is fixed now, can you try again and let me know?
YES!!!! It works like it should! I don't know what you did, but it's fixed now! Thank you.

Yeah, that’s a statistic sample size of 1, category “anecdotal evidence”, but there it is.

"You just got killed by a Daewoo Lanos motherfu#&er!!" -Red, from Pineapple Express.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-12-2008, 06:48 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
YES!!!! It works like it should! I don't know what you did, but it's fixed now! Thank you.
Ok, I am having this problem again. It worked for a while, but now the search funtion won't work, and I keep getting the same error message I got before. Can anyone help?

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-13-2008, 10:25 AM
Administrator

hmm....

Not being able to repeat this problem makes it a tuff one to resolve...

Let me talk to my web guy and see if we can come up with some ideas...

Is anyone else who is reading this message having a problem with the search ? If so please post here...
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-14-2008, 10:27 PM
Administrator

Skeezix, Can you tell me what phrase you're searching for so I can repeat it here on my end?
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-21-2008, 03:06 PM Thread Starter

I still can't get the search feature to work. I have searched on DUCATI and PROGRIP and PROGRIPS and have gotten the error message. Any advice you can give me would be appreciated! Thanks!

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-21-2008, 03:30 PM
Administrator

Skeezix, just to confirm... Is this the error message you're getting: "In order to accept POST request originating from this domain, the admin must add this domain to the whitelist."

I just changed a few of the search settings... try again and lmk here if it works or not.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-21-2008, 04:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Skeezix, just to confirm... Is this the error message you're getting: "In order to accept POST request originating from this domain, the admin must add this domain to the whitelist."

I just changed a few of the search settings... try again and lmk here if it works or not.

Yes that is correct. After first informing you of this problem, it worked for a several days, and now it's back to the same old error message. Thanks.

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 03:19 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Yes that is correct. After first informing you of this problem, it worked for a several days, and now it's back to the same old error message. Thanks.

we change the URL structure of the entire site... please try a search again from the home page and let me know if it works...
http://www.kawasakiversys.com

thanks
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 04:55 PM Thread Starter

YES! It works once again! Thank you for making a second effort to fix the 'search' problem!

Skeezix

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode