Where Do I Say My First Hello - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Verticalscope Forum Support / Help (Kawasakiversys.com) Questions about forum functionality or suggestions for improvement. Need help finding what you're looking for? Let us know here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 07:03 PM Thread Starter

Where Do I Say My First Hello

I am new as of today to this forum . I am picking up my brand hammer new Versys tomorrow and probably won't sleep well tonght . LOL

I am hoping for a forum that is helpful and willing to pass on experiences and share tech type info . For I am not reall techy but can learn about anything for an old dog .

I also have an 07 KLR and love her dearly , but it was time to add a VERSYS to the line up . Just wanted to introduce myself and see what was going on in the forum .Hopefully there will be some folks organizing some group ride in my area to help me to get to know my new Versys .
Every review I have read , and every owner of the Versys I have talked to have simply ben elated to ride a Versys . I am hopong for them same . Hopefully , I am posting in the correct thread here . It will take me a day or so to figure this forum out , so please be patient with me until I get it under control .

Thanks for the opportunity to explore this forum , Wes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 07:11 PM

When you pick it up, take a pic and post it in the new member introduction section (1 below this section).

Cheers, you'll love the V, it just won Motorcycle of the Year at one of the magazines.

Don
"ride more, worry less"
2005 Suzuki GSXR1000 (slightly bent) - Track
2000 Honda VFR800 - Street
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 07:59 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Don . I hope to learn to negotiate this forum with good form soon . Any chance you local western NC guys have a ride planned sometime soon ?

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 08:23 AM

I'll be riding from Asheville to the AMA race at VIR August 15-17. I'm researching creative routes now. Other than that, I'm planning to ride out to Deal's Gap one weekend, but I'll probably wait for September when the crowds die down a little. There are some amazing roads just about everywhere you turn down here, so I'll have to see if Deal's Gap lives up to the hype.

Don
"ride more, worry less"
2005 Suzuki GSXR1000 (slightly bent) - Track
2000 Honda VFR800 - Street
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 05:51 PM

Wes, Welcome to the site! What part of the state is Sapphire located in? If my thinking is correct you make 5 NC riders on here now. We all should get together for a ride soon.
James

"They laugh at me because I'm different.
I laugh at them because they're all the same."
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 06:36 PM

welcome aboard bud, hello from the west coast ..! got to make it over there some time and cruise the hills ,

Working to make it my Streetfighter
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
V
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-26-2008, 08:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter190 View Post
Wes, Welcome to the site! What part of the state is Sapphire located in? If my thinking is correct you make 5 NC riders on here now. We all should get together for a ride soon.
James

Sapphire is about 1 hour 15 minutes Southeast of Asheville . Between Brevard,NC and Highlands,NC on Hwy 64 .
I really have not had the time I wanted to learn to negotiate this site correctly but as soon as I do , I have a couple of questions . The question I am most concerned with is , who are the vendor sources for aftermarket farkls . I wold really like to acquire a set of front crash bars to protect the obvious . I saw some SW-Motechs on their site that looked pretty good .
I like to sort of get some user input on stuff before I order from nothing more than a photo . Also , I would REALLY REALLY like to know if someone makes a radiator protector . The ones that cover the radiator itself and had a ton of little holes in it .
I am not really looking to do any mods much on this baby doll . Jst the ones I mentioned and maybe a set of really small panniers . I will most likley not do any or much touring with the bike due to the fact that I am so deeply involved with Australain Shepherd Rescue . Sort of tough leaving dogs to tend themselves over night .
Bought this Versys brand hammer new with ZERO Yesterday . She now has 182.4 ... This si one tough machine to hold her to 4,000 rpm for break in huh ? LOL
Anyway , if you guyshave ideas on my needed farkles , I wold greatyl appreciate it .

Wes...PO-SLOKE
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-26-2008, 08:59 PM Thread Starter

QUOTE=hacktracker;7538]I'll be riding from Asheville to the AMA race at VIR August 15-17. I'm researching creative routes now. Other than that, I'm planning to ride out to Deal's Gap one weekend, but I'll probably wait for September when the crowds die down a little. There are some amazing roads just about everywhere you turn down here, so I'll have to see if Deal's Gap lives up to the hype.[/QUOTE]
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-26-2008, 09:00 PM Thread Starter

mr. hacktracker
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-27-2008, 07:12 PM

Send a message via AIM to golfmuch
Po-Sloke , you can't post here. You can only be apart of one forum at a time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode