Am I the only one with this problem... - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Verticalscope Forum Support / Help (Kawasakiversys.com) Questions about forum functionality or suggestions for improvement. Need help finding what you're looking for? Let us know here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 02:25 PM Thread Starter

Am I the only one with this problem...

Getting or staying logged in? Random problem, but bad today-here is the message. Yes, I have refreshed screen, relogged in, says welcome Element- What is the problem?
vBulletin Message
You do not have permission to perform this action. Please refresh the page and login before trying again.

Cancel Changes

My Album:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 05:40 PM

That's never happened to me and I have no idea what the problem is. Sorry, good luck.

"life is not a dress rehearsal"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 06:38 PM

Have you tried clearing your cookies from the browser and then re-logging in? Cookie could just be messed up

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 07:29 PM

Dag nab it, a computer problem? I thought there was something wrong with your V. Something exciting. A blowed-up motor, electrical gemlins, anything. Ever notice nothing ever goes wrong with these things.

Last edited by blipco; 02-21-2010 at 07:35 PM.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 08:24 PM

I had the same problem the other night with the site using my blackberry. On the smart phone it was a outdated Java release.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 10:57 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Element View Post
Getting or staying logged in? Random problem, but bad today-here is the message. Yes, I have refreshed screen, relogged in, says welcome Element- What is the problem?
vBulletin Message
You do not have permission to perform this action. Please refresh the page and login before trying again.

Cancel Changes

I sent the site admin a message...

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 07:57 AM

If the site is repeatedly asking you to log on, your Internet browser may not be allowing "cookies" to be written to your computer.

These are used to maintain session information while you switch between different parts of the site. If that information cannot be maintained, the software will think that you have logged off.

Please check your browser's cookie settings. This is usually found under its Internet Options or Security sections.

If it is not, please set the browser to "Allow all cookies" and see if that resolves the problem.

Thanks... Don
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 08:46 AM Thread Starter

Thanks, Bear and everyone. I think the computer(s) I am using are probably the problem. This is a pretty awesome forum, which my browsers are probably not up to handling all the time. Not a computer guy at all, just having this problem occasionally, but wondered if it was happening to anyone else, which obviously it is not. Thanks!

My Album:
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 12:10 PM Thread Starter

Still occasionally have to log in twice, but have found a way to stay logged in. If I log in under the "go advanced" log in, it stays put. No clue what difference that makes, but working for me now.

My Album:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode