HEY LOOK ! There is a Versys - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Verticalscope Forum Support / Help (Kawasakiversys.com) Questions about forum functionality or suggestions for improvement. Need help finding what you're looking for? Let us know here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 08:20 PM Thread Starter

HEY LOOK ! There is a Versys

Title says it ! Could we have a thread thaat has this title?
HEY LOOK ! There is a Versys
Try to format the thread titles like so:
Date, Bike description, Route# or Road Name(if known), In or Near City/Town(if known), State
Example: Sep 27, Red V, hwy 92, UT
Short Description........... You were Riding East up hwy 92, American Fork Canyon, I was at the Ranger station having an icecream after doing the Alpine Loop with the Wife.

2005 50cc scooter, 2007 GS500f, 2008 DL650 Vstrom,
I'm here for my wife's V . She lets me Farkle her Ride. No Diamonds for her, but shiney stuff for the bike is Okay
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 10:26 PM

Exclamation Sounds like a Craigslist missed connection

You were Riding East up hwy 92 looking so fine in your tight shirt and tattoos ,I have seen you before here at American Fork Canyon, I was at the Ranger station in my tight leather pants that were bulging in the front , slowly licking an icecream cone after doing the Alpine Loop with the Wife. She doesn't know and I won't tell , if your interested I will be back next weekend to blow the Ranger in the porta potty , if you want to join knock 4 times and then cough .....

** This space for rent **
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 08:21 AM

I think it is a good idea, and there are threads like this on most of the car forums I go to. Don't let the minority ruin for everyone. Report the post and maybe it can be edited or removed.

I don't own a versys yet, but when I do it would be great to have something like this just to see if the other person is a member. I have only seen one versys on the road and that was when I was in my car. Never when on my bike. It might not be lack of interest, just lack of Versys.

One suggestion I might make is make regional threads so if you do see one you don't have to search very far to find if the other guy posted it.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 08:41 AM

Riders have been posting sightings on individual threads; and If I recall correctly, I think there was one attempt to start a sightings thread. Feel free to start one though, and we'll see how it goes.

Back Off! I'm Already Riding Way Beyond My Abilities.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 08:44 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for your support camaroz1985 !! I'm sure a moderator will see this sooner or later and they'll decide what's next. A regional thread would be nice, but for seeing a V one thread is fine, this would be at least another area where everybody would be on one page. Kind of a see and be seen area, like cruising main street.

I'm here for my wife's V . She lets me Farkle her Ride. No Diamonds for her, but shiney stuff for the bike is Okay
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 09:09 AM

Aww, come on now. Obviously BlackHammer engages in certain activities that your post reminded him of. Seems to have been posted in fun, and if nothing else it bumped your thread back to life.
Problem with a sightings thread is that Versys sightings are uncommon so the thread won't always stay active. Other than planned meet ups and dealer visits I have only seen other V's on two occasions. Once on the dragon and another at a Wal-Mart in Arkansas.

Back Off! I'm Already Riding Way Beyond My Abilities.

post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 11:16 AM
vp7

Well I'll add my little tidbit.

I saw a Blue Versys heading out of Halifax this morning 10 Nov 09, at roughly 0715 hrs.

I was driving on the 102 into Halifax just before it changes to Bayers Rd. He just got on the 102 and was heading out of Halifax. Had the Givi V35 bags on.

I wish I was riding too, it's certainly warm enough for it. And I do not see enough of the Versys around here.

Moon Dust Gray Versys, with lots of farkles.

Vlast

P.S. I bought my Versys to support my photography hobby.

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by potus2012 View Post
Aww, come on now. Obviously BlackHammer engages in certain activities that your post reminded him of. Seems to have been posted in fun, and if nothing else it bumped your thread back to life.
Problem with a sightings thread is that Versys sightings are uncommon so the thread won't always stay active. Other than planned meet ups and dealer visits I have only seen other V's on two occasions. Once on the dragon and another at a Wal-Mart in Arkansas.
At least someone gets it , it was obvious that it was done in fun and I mean no disrespect , it was just a funny way to bump a thread was dormant for a month with zero relies , after my post , look , a handfull of replies . This is just how forums work , nature of the beast . ( wether we like it or not) If you were that upset , you could have sent me a PM asking me to remove my post and I would have . Or if you want nothing to do with "People like me" as you said earlier then click on the notify moderator button icon and they will take a look and take appropriate action , here is a pic of the icon , located top right of the posts
Attached Images
File Type: gif report.gif (1,014 Bytes, 561 views)

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
And then people like you make it hard to have a nice forum.. People like you will prevent having fun like I do with my fellow riders.
My Vstrom forum has this thread, we proudly post out sightings. Salt Lake people meet for rides, so do other cities and states. We also have a couple of gatherings a year. My wife is jealous of my vStrom friends, it would be nice if the Versys riders would be as outgoing and maybe organize a group ride, or at least acknowledge each other somehow.
For crap like you wrote there's a special thread where only adults and members are allowed. What you wrote here can be seen by the public and will deter possible new members or group rides.. Nice Job !

But thanks to you I see that there is no interest in this kind of thread - that Versys riders do not like to meet, maybe I should just have this thread cancelled???
I would like to have the opinion of others ....... What do you think??... This post has been up since Sept. 28th 2009 and not one person has responded with a Versys sighting. I think it should go since there are either not enough Versys out there yet or people would rather not meet for group rides.
I highlighted a few things to I will resond to , What kind of person am I ?? do you know me ....and how did I prevent your fun in a 1 month old posting with no replies ??? You could have bumped your own thread . Then by quoting me , even if I now delete MY post , it will still show in your response post , and 7 year old Verseys fans will read the word Blow ( the only close to bad word I used ) , and you also don't need a Moderator to cancel a thread , it's your thread , you can delete it ......this isn't to be a jerk or start a fire , just not sure was all the fuss is about .

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 03:28 PM
Super Moderator

Fellas, fellas fellas... Can't we all get along? I'm going to lock this one pending a moderator group council. In the mean time, please have a little respect & read these things with a little light-heartedness (is that even a word???).

post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 11:28 AM
Super Moderator

Ok, opened for public use once again, though I haven't seen another Versys in awhile...

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 11:46 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear on a bicycle View Post
Ok, opened for public use once again, though I haven't seen another Versys in awhile...
I thought I saw two, one turned out to be a Beemer, the other was a Buell.

And to BlackHammer I feel I owe an Apology for over-reacting.

post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
I thought I saw two, one turned out to be a Beemer, the other was a Buell.

And to BlackHammer I feel I owe an Apology for over-reacting.
I realize how my post could offend some members , and if it did I am sorry for that , it was just in good fun , sarcasm can be tricky at times , it's a fine line between offence and applause .......at least the thread has some action now Besides I come from an Irish family , I know all about over-reaction .........I can be just as guilty of that , Any-hoo , glad we can all be friends again , and thanks for the PM Andreas , you have one as well . ---------And thanks Bear .........so anyone seen a Verseys lately .......please.........anyone ???

Last edited by BlackHammer; 11-14-2009 at 04:27 PM.
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 02:53 PM
Super Moderator

post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-09-2010, 11:42 AM

BRRRRRR- Ca-Ca- Cold!!!!

I saw a "V" today! right here in Michigan!!!! and it's like....25 degrees out!!!
Wait......
It was my "V" sitting in the garage, waiting, waiting, waiting......
Hmmmmmm...thought it looked familiar......ARRRRRRGH!!!!!!!

HURRY SPRING TIME.............................................. .........I'll shut up now...Do'H !!!

Aerodynamically sound since 1959. So says the good folk @ Lockheed, Atlanta GA.
The KLE 650 VERSYS: It can't replace the Love of a good woman but...

My Bike is my solitude amongst the multitudes

"Wounds heal, chicks dig scars...Glory, lasts forever!"
TRUE PATRIOTS QUESTION EVERYTHING
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-09-2010, 05:49 PM

I bought my V in May last year, and I have yet to see another V on the road here in eastern NC. Maybe soon I'll be able to post a sighting (if the weather will cooperate)
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010, 06:19 AM Thread Starter

Utah, hwy 80 Black V

I think it was a V, couldn't get a good look on the freway. It was heading west and I was eastward. About 8 miles outside of Salt Lake City. 3:30 ish pm.

Also saw two Blue V's last month an the side road heading to the Salt Lake .

post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHammer View Post
You were Riding East up hwy 92 looking so fine in your tight shirt and tattoos ,I have seen you before here at American Fork Canyon, I was at the Ranger station in my tight leather pants that were bulging in the front , slowly licking an icecream cone after doing the Alpine Loop with the Wife. She doesn't know and I won't tell , if your interested I will be back next weekend to blow the Ranger in the porta potty , if you want to join knock 4 times and then cough .....
Blackhammer, I know I'm late to this thread but what you do up North is your own business. Here in America there are those that use the "wide stance method" while tapping their toes. Seems to work unless the police happen to be in the next stall. I saw a Versys the other day.
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010, 07:28 AM

Your all very silly indeed!!!!!!
But hey....that's cool :-)

as for sightings...it's been a while.
I ride alone and have been since my initial training rides with a buddy.
Guess the newness hasn't worn off yet (6200 miles).
But I'm not anti social and it would be great to meet up with all the SE Michigan riders (hello>>>ARE YOU LISTENING GUYS????? Bueller,....bueller.....Bueller...).
I've just been enjoying the solitude amongst the multitudes.....

Aerodynamically sound since 1959. So says the good folk @ Lockheed, Atlanta GA.
The KLE 650 VERSYS: It can't replace the Love of a good woman but...

My Bike is my solitude amongst the multitudes

"Wounds heal, chicks dig scars...Glory, lasts forever!"
TRUE PATRIOTS QUESTION EVERYTHING
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010, 09:09 AM

Sightings

I have run into 2 other Versys riders this month (well, not "run into")...

A blue Versys at a gas station in Northern California about 3 weeks ago. He had what looked like a external frame backpack strapped to the back seat. It didn't look very well strapped on... Just zipped past on my way to work.

The other one was parked at a store in Harbor Oregon. There was a Buell blast and a Green Versys in the parking lot. The Versys had hand guards and a bigger windshield VERY covered in bugs. Saw a couple with helmets inside the store and asked about the Versys. I think they might have been from Canada - the accent was there. They weren't very talkative - it was late in the afternoon and they both looked pretty wiped out. He said the Versys was hers. I said I had the same exact bike with hard bags and really liked it. <crickets> So I said "Have a safe ride" and finished shopping...

I see at least a dozen or so bikes every day riding to and from work along hwy 101. Most of them are high end touring bikes or cruisers. Passing at 65 MPH on a 2 lane I don't usually get enough time to tell for sure if there's a Versys mixed in the group. The 2010's at a quick glance look like a lot of other touring bikes in that silver/black color scheme.

Unrelated - I think it's kind of funny to see SO many black & gray/silver bikes (probably 90%). The riders have perfectly matching black & gray/silver helmets, jackets and pants... All that hard work to make everything color coordinate and match perfectly - and then a fugly bright neon yellow, green or orange reflective vest over the top of it all... Hard to notice the bike and matching accessories with all that overly bright neon plopped on top. LOL

Very fun to see other Versys bikes with different accessories.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode