Google malware warning popped up... - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Verticalscope Forum Support / Help (Kawasakiversys.com) Questions about forum functionality or suggestions for improvement. Need help finding what you're looking for? Let us know here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 01:17 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Google malware warning popped up...

a few times today warning about ********.com while browsing this website. See below;

Safe Browsing
Diagnostic page for ********.com

What is the current listing status for ********.com?
Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 3 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?
Of the 3 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 2 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2009-07-08, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2009-07-08.
Malicious software includes 9 scripting exploit(s).

Malicious software is hosted on 2 domain(s), including martuz.cn/, 94.247.2.0/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS32742 (4).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?
Over the past 90 days, ********.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?
No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?
In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:
Return to the previous page.
If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 01:41 PM

what does "********.com" have to do with this forum? I checked out the site and I got a security warning.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"The things you own end up owning you." - Tyler Durden

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 02:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by brothercannon View Post
what does "********.com" have to do with this forum? I checked out the site and I got a security warning.
Probably they have an ad here somewhere.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator

Well, maybe we should alert the authorities... I'll hit the report button & let Jman know. I haven't experienced any malware from this site, but that doesn't mean it can't happen...

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 03:30 PM

My AV detected a trojan horse last night called "Infostealer". Came from a website but don't know which one.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 05:10 PM

A user on the site has hosted some pics on their personal webspace, and it appears that maybe that webspace is infected. You should only see these errors on pages that 08 Versys has posted in. We are working to take care of this.

Thanks
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 06:29 PM

OK, I think we got it sorted out. If I had to guess, that guy's website got hacked, and since he had some links and images posted from here to his website, I think your AV systems were doing their job and not wanting to allow you to access that threat.

We have removed all traces of that URL, but unfortunately, some of his links and pictures are invalid now.

Please be sure to let us know if you encounter any more warnings, but we don't think you will (hopefully)
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 06:42 PM
Super Moderator

How's THAT for an answer!!

...now if we could get our government to respond that fast.

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009, 09:43 AM

Site hijacking

That is getting to be a real problem all across the web. Our host (wss.com) got hacked a couple of months ago and a lot of sites, including mine, were briefly taken over by the low life hackers. The old image of some kid sitting in front of a computer, typing away to work their way into a site, is outdated. Now, a lot of the hacking is done by robotic programs, such as the one that put a phone spam message on this one recently. The robots cruise the web looking for forums or other features that allow general participation, and when they find one, they flood it with spam or worse. Having the password registration feature really helps, but some of the hackers now have figured out how to get around that as well.
It's a constant battle as site managers try to stay one step ahead of the hackers. Unfortunately, most webmasters have to use commercial hosts since it's not practical to manage a private server for a single site, so they're at the mercy of their hosts. Some hosts are much better than others. wss used to be one of the best, but the business was sold and the new owners aren't as competent at fending off intruders. When I called wss after finding that our site had been hijacked, the 'tech' that answered after I waited for over 30 minutes sounded like she was stoned. "Wow, that's unusual! Ummm, not sure what causes it..." WTF??? We're moving on to another host.
Crusing the net without really good protective software is like riding the Dragon in shorts and flip flops - it's only a matter of time until the bell tolls for thee. Even the official White House site was recently hacked, so it's obvious that there are no truly 'safe' sites. Be careful out there!

Don't you think that it's a ^%#$&# shame that Hunter S. Thompson wasn't an adventure rider? Imagine the ride reports...!
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009, 02:49 PM

Send a message via AIM to versysred Send a message via Yahoo to versysred
Sigh another reason I love my mac, never have to worry about stuff like this, never had a problem with this mac and I have had it for 3 years now.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by versysred View Post
Sigh another reason I love my mac, never have to worry about stuff like this, never had a problem with this mac and I have had it for 3 years now.
x2 man I don't have to worry about stuff like this I love mine getting a new one soon.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009, 03:03 PM

right on guys. Thanks for the work. I am a mac guy for the last 4 years. no issues...ever. no spyware either. Highly reccomend them. Once you go mac.... you won't go back.

if it were easy....everyone would do it!
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009, 09:04 PM Thread Starter

I bought a Mac a few months ago. Still don't know how to use most of the stuff. Can I burn an MP3 cd on it?
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009, 09:38 PM

Three Cheers to the Web master for getting the Hyjack Business taken care. Your appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode