Cannot PM out to others? - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Verticalscope Forum Support / Help (Kawasakiversys.com) Questions about forum functionality or suggestions for improvement. Need help finding what you're looking for? Let us know here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-28-2009, 04:03 PM Thread Starter

Cannot PM out to others?

Is there a certain number of posts I need to make before I can PM out? Trying to buy a lowering block from Speedy and tried early on, and again after 10 posts. How many posts, or what else do I need to do to be able to PM him (or anyone else)?

When I write and send the PM, it shows 0 in my sent items, and besides that he is not responding, suggesting that the message is not going through.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-28-2009, 04:21 PM
Super Moderator

Send me a PM to test it. As far as sent items, your profile is currently set to "do not save items in sent folder". If you go to your "edit profile", you can change that. I tried to change it for you as an administrator, but it doesn't stay. I guess you'll have to do it...

P.S. I sent you a PM...

Last edited by Bear on a bicycle; 06-28-2009 at 04:28 PM.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-28-2009, 04:48 PM Thread Starter

Got your PM, sent you a PM, and am heading toward user CP to see if I can change that setting. Let me know if you got the PM from me..

Thanks for your time.

scott

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-28-2009, 04:49 PM

I think the problem is the other member, it seems they may not be answering you back. Your account looks fine, there are no restrictions that would prevent you from sending a PM.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-28-2009, 04:58 PM Thread Starter

Bear was right. There was not a check in one of the boxes, so apparently, I WAS sending PMs but it wasn't saving them to my "out" box, so I didn't think they were going out.

Sorry to waste bandwidth on this, but I think we got if figured out.

Feel free to delete this thread unless you think it will help someone out in the future...

scott
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-28-2009, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooper77515 View Post
Bear was right. There was not a check in one of the boxes, so apparently, I WAS sending PMs but it wasn't saving them to my "out" box, so I didn't think they were going out.

Sorry to waste bandwidth on this, but I think we got if figured out.

Feel free to delete this thread unless you think it will help someone out in the future...

scott
No need to be sorry, this thread may help someone in the future, so thank you for posting it, and thank you to Bear for investigating this with you.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-28-2009, 05:49 PM
Super Moderator

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-28-2009, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooper77515 View Post
Is there a certain number of posts I need to make before I can PM out? Trying to buy a lowering block from Speedy and tried early on, and again after 10 posts. How many posts, or what else do I need to do to be able to PM him (or anyone else)?

When I write and send the PM, it shows 0 in my sent items, and besides that he is not responding, suggesting that the message is not going through.
just go to his website

http://motowerk.com

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"The things you own end up owning you." - Tyler Durden

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-28-2009, 11:11 PM Thread Starter

So Motowerk is Speedy's site? I already had it saved in favorites and have made phone calls regarding cost, etc even before I joined this forum.

But, once I saw his involvement here, I decided to use him since he seems to have a good rep here and seems to be involved and helpful to his fellow riders, so I started to PM him for help in buying his parts.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-29-2009, 12:29 PM

Speedy doesn't spam the forum with his products, so that's probably the reason for your confusion. Yes Motowerk is Speedy's site. Order from motowerk.com with confidence. I've purchased a few items from him and they are top quality, the packing was good, and the shipping was "Speedy".

"The things you own end up owning you." - Tyler Durden

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode