We need your feedback - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Verticalscope Forum Support / Help (Kawasakiversys.com) Questions about forum functionality or suggestions for improvement. Need help finding what you're looking for? Let us know here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 84 (permalink) Old 06-13-2009, 04:05 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation We need your feedback

We are getting ready to launch some new ways to support our community, and we would like your feedback.

One of the new things you will see is Premium Memberships. A Premium Membership will provide a member with the following features:

No Google Ads or Banner Ads
More Private Message Space
More Gallery Space
Profile Customization
...and more!

What we would like to know is what (within reason) we could provide to you that would make your Premium Subscription more beneficial to you.

On other sites, we have a private forum just for the Premium Members where anything goes (no rules), and that seems to be pretty popular. Would this community be interested something like that (as a Premium Member)?

You don't have to want to be a Premium Member to provide feedback in this thread, we are asking for everyone's opinion so we can help our community grow and get better.

*100% of all donations and Premium Membership proceeds go right back into our site!
*Please keep in mind that software limitations may prevent some requests from being fulfilled. Management must approve any suggested ideas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 84 (permalink) Old 06-13-2009, 04:34 PM

I belong to IH8MUD, which is a very popular forum, and what they do is limit PM and picture uploads for non members. They charge $20. per year, which allows access to unlimited PM's and photo uploads. Otherwise, a non star member has a limit of 20 PM's in their box, and 10 pics. They still have banners and google adds, which is why I stopped paying.

An anything goes forum usually winds up in political bickering, which should be moderated anyways. One of the reasons i enjoy this forum so much is that it is devoid, so far anyways, of politics and religion.

2007 Versys Black, V35 Bags, H&B Bars, Skidmarx Hugger.Fender Ex., Avon Distanzia, Braided Lines, Hella 65W bulbs Arrow Can, DNA Air filter, GIVI tall screen (for winter), PCIII, Baldwin Saddle. **SOLD**

2011 KTM SM-T. Crash bars, E55 Top Box, Fender extender front and rear.

Last edited by Red Herring; 06-13-2009 at 04:37 PM.
post #3 of 84 (permalink) Old 06-13-2009, 05:23 PM

Agree with Red Herring. I really like this forum the way it is. No arguements and mostly on topic and lots of useful info. I have also left other sites as they get too many arguements and things that are not on topic. This site is useful and fun. Lots of humor which we all need right now. Veteran riders seem to help the newbies and don't look down on them. The way it should be as we all started out at one point. Great site as it is.

Yamaha Secca II
1600 Classic-sold
08 Verseys
1986 Corvette

Life is not a practice run. Enjoy each and every day.

post #4 of 84 (permalink) Old 06-14-2009, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deano View Post
Great site as it is.
+1

I'm a content member!
post #5 of 84 (permalink) Old 06-14-2009, 02:17 PM

Although I'm relatively new to this site I really think it suits my needs the way it is. I don't care about enhancing my profile. Having more PM space is not a benefit because if everyone puts their email address on their profile we don't need PM's at all. I have had issues with uploading photos but I think I have that solved if I use "photobucket.com" to launch my photos from. The ads don't bother me because that's how we get to be free members.
My vote says, leave things just the way they are, thank you.

"life is not a dress rehearsal"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 84 (permalink) Old 06-14-2009, 03:55 PM

I'am a happy camper right now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 84 (permalink) Old 06-14-2009, 04:21 PM

Easier (direct) picture uploads would be nice..........and more pic space.

'15 DL1000
post #8 of 84 (permalink) Old 06-14-2009, 05:29 PM

Ain't broke, don't fix it.

Japanese scientists have created a camera with such a fast shutter speed they now can photograph a woman with her mouth shut.
post #9 of 84 (permalink) Old 06-14-2009, 05:41 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnor View Post

Good idea. Better picture management would be nice...

post #10 of 84 (permalink) Old 06-14-2009, 05:59 PM

I like it "as is" and echo the comments regarding religion and politics.

My past experience with paid "premium" fora memberships has been that they usually don't last more than a year or two before devolving into some form of clique.
post #11 of 84 (permalink) Old 06-14-2009, 06:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnor View Post
This is actually something that I was looking into the other day, but due to server space and bandwidth issues, we cannot implement such a feature at this time.

As for the rest of your comments, we won't move forward with the Premium Lounge idea, but we will most likely still implement the Premium Member and Community Donation options soon. Of course there is no pressure to contribute to these options, but every little bit helps keep our site running smooth.

Either way, we appreciate everyone's participation on this site, and we strive to make things better where possible.

Thank you
post #12 of 84 (permalink) Old 06-14-2009, 07:33 PM

I think quite a few people would be happy enough to donate. Usually sites will ask for 10-20 bucks for a *star* membership. Regulars will usually cough up, and usually *star* memberships are renewed annually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jman423 View Post
This is actually something that I was looking into the other day, but due to server space and bandwidth issues, we cannot implement such a feature at this time.

As for the rest of your comments, we won't move forward with the Premium Lounge idea, but we will most likely still implement the Premium Member and Community Donation options soon. Of course there is no pressure to contribute to these options, but every little bit helps keep our site running smooth.

Either way, we appreciate everyone's participation on this site, and we strive to make things better where possible.

Thank you

2007 Versys Black, V35 Bags, H&B Bars, Skidmarx Hugger.Fender Ex., Avon Distanzia, Braided Lines, Hella 65W bulbs Arrow Can, DNA Air filter, GIVI tall screen (for winter), PCIII, Baldwin Saddle. **SOLD**

2011 KTM SM-T. Crash bars, E55 Top Box, Fender extender front and rear.
post #13 of 84 (permalink) Old 06-14-2009, 07:49 PM

I'm for leaving things the way they are.

I also have noticed that when sites start elevating the status of paying members Versys (howdja like that?) non-paying members, it gets cliquish (is that a word?)..With that being said, I have paid to be elevated on several boards, played a while, got sick and tired of all the bull$hit it turned into and have since left those boards.

Kansas - Eleven curves in three hundred eighteen miles...

2008 Versys, SOLD!

2002 BMW R1150RT Lovin it!!!

post #14 of 84 (permalink) Old 06-14-2009, 08:30 PM

Maybe I'm reading too much into your question but it appears that you're trying to find a way of making the forum more profitable. I've been expecting this since you took over the administration of this site. Nothing really wrong with that but I'm not really interested in contributing. If you come up with a plan to restrict non paying members from some features, I'll just have to do without.

Jeff in Illinois
07 Bandit
03 KLR
82 Rokon
post #15 of 84 (permalink) Old 06-14-2009, 09:13 PM

I say lets keep it KISS (Keep It Simple,Sir) and like the forum as it is.
What we have here, is a free flowing information forum where things work because of the unselfish contribution of All. There is mutual respect among all whether we argree or disagree on anything.

Keep it as the way it is and more will follow...
Community Donation option is a good idea to can ease the cash flow problem if there are insufficient sponsorship.

My V Blog:

Ride safe,

post #16 of 84 (permalink) Old 06-14-2009, 11:04 PM

My two rubles...I wouldn't pay for a premium account...I don't mind the ad's, every site has them... I don't contribute a hell of alot, but I do enjoy reading other riders contributions, advise and comments...Good group here

If I new what I was doing, I wouldn't still be working
post #17 of 84 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jman423 View Post
I see no need for a premium-style membership, the site is fine as it is. I would be happy to donate toward its upkeep, though. I am not a fan of paid perks for special-interest sites: It can develop a sense of entitlement and might restrict the free exchange of information. I have seen this on another forum. This site does not need to go that direction.

One alternative method of raising capital: Charge a nominal fee for classified ads. Just an idea.
post #18 of 84 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 08:59 AM

Garage
I like it as is. This is a great place to gain and divulge V know how. The fact that what I read here is mostly bike related with occasional humor works for me. Bigger is not always better
post #19 of 84 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 10:19 AM

I agree with BayouVersys. I like the way it is too. Being a 1 year newbie to the V, I guess I don't have much pull, but I really like the way everybody helps out each other if they have a problem, and nobody seems to take themselves too serious. I thought these forums were mostly to informational and helpful with problems that might come up. And that is why I joined. The last thing we need right now is bickering about things that have nothing to do with either the V, or bikes in general. We have too many problems right now to be fighting with each other..... right?
post #20 of 84 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 03:39 PM
Super Moderator

Another suggestion, ask for members to make a donation when the sell an item through the site. Don't make it a fee, keep it voluntary...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode