Product Satisfaction Poll suggestion - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Verticalscope Forum Support / Help (Kawasakiversys.com) Questions about forum functionality or suggestions for improvement. Need help finding what you're looking for? Let us know here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-27-2009, 11:10 PM Thread Starter

Product Satisfaction Poll suggestion

G'Day All,

From what gathered in the forums seen, noticed we talk a lot on tyres and windsheilds.

To [email protected],

Would it be possible we had like a user/satisfaction survey poll (maybe in columm or bar form) for the tyres and windsheild the V Bikers use?

A similiar crude copy of the format I mean:
http://www.i-bmw.com/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=169

IMHO,It would benefit us to use the best equipment we have out there.

Thank you and Best Regards.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 06:36 AM

That is a great idea!!!

Steve

I bought a motorcycle because my wife said that I couldn't! Now I have two and she still says I can't have another one!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sounds like a challenge to me!

Now I have four!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 12:14 PM

If I new what I was doing, I wouldn't still be working

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlee29 View Post
G'Day All,

From what gathered in the forums seen, noticed we talk a lot on tyres and windsheilds.

To [email protected],

Would it be possible we had like a user/satisfaction survey poll (maybe in columm or bar form) for the tyres and windsheild the V Bikers use?

A similiar crude copy of the format I mean:
http://www.i-bmw.com/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=169

IMHO,It would benefit us to use the best equipment we have out there.

Thank you and Best Regards.
tyres & windscreens, like everything else are a personal choice. there are lots of people who buy product X because someone else bought it (that the power of marketing and advertising

I can see some merit in tyres, mebbe, but windscreens alnmost certainly not. whether the screen works or not depends on various things, not least the riders size (measured from the saddle to the top of the helmet). so brand X screen may be fantastic for one person, or one size, but lousy for others. especially if you take into account the amount of 'padding' some riders exhibit. ie a screen that is fine for a slim built 6' person may be inadequate for someone trucking around an extra 2..4" on the butt.

Tyres depends on what someone is using their bike for and what sort of riding style they have. if you do some off road then a dual sport tyre mebbe makes sense, if you are a frustrated racer then another tyre may make sense. if you are a commuter who doesn't really lean into a corners then a longer wearing tyre may be more appropriate.

I'm not knocking the idea it just seems to me that the responses would need qualifying to have any merit.

ferinstance many people disparage the stock dunlops as dunflops, yet there are other tyres in the Dunlop range (eg the Roadsmarts which have been well reviewed recently). does someones tyre choice reflect a true choice or are they affected by prejudice, reputation or price.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 05:14 AM Thread Starter

Smile

Hi Healdem,

I respect your comment and appreciate them.
As this is a forum, beside the survey poll many other general questions can be asked.
Example say:

Do you think the Versys need a fender extender?
The bet maybe 8 out of 10.

Sort of another question:

Are you happy with you Kawasaki dealer?
Can't answer that for you.

Then maybe we can convince Kawasaki to do something about it . Take it as customer's feedback.

It would be easier to find out the concensus of an intresting question raised as the thread can stretch on as so many wonderful and useful inputs are added.

I believe in the "2 is one, 1 is none" concept. That goes into opinions given/received.

Also (NO DISRESPECT to You and Anyone), a good friend told me this and I quote "Opinions are like A-holes, everyone has one".

Best Regards.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 06:54 AM

healdem is right on many points, but polls of any type become more accurate as the number of votes increase. Nothing about any review or poll means that you will like a product, but they can be extremely helpful with weeding out bad products and finding out how other people like products that you may be interested in.

Steve

I bought a motorcycle because my wife said that I couldn't! Now I have two and she still says I can't have another one!

Now I have four!

post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 07:07 AM Thread Starter

Hi Sharrison56,

Agreed Healdem has pointed some good points and so have you.
My intention is to know the end user's satisfaction with a product or a service.
Won't want to trial and error with own hard earn cash.

As for the topics to discuss, we can suggest and let the Administrator decide. He's the judge and jury.

This is a suggestion because we don't have anything like this.

Thanks.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 09:52 PM

Send a message via MSN to demuire Send a message via Skype™ to demuire
Agreed, if nothing else, it's always interesting to see what other people are running, to see what's out there. And, if 9/10 people are using something, it can't be *all* bad

~
FookStar

2008 Kawasaki Versys (in green!)
Queensland, Australia
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by demuire View Post
Agreed, if nothing else, it's always interesting to see what other people are running, to see what's out there. And, if 9/10 people are using something, it can't be *all* bad
the herd instinct is fine when the herd are making a concious choice. Its not that long ago that computer companies sold their products based on FUD (fear uncertainty and Doubt.. not really rational reasons)

Votes are all well and good.
but unless you know why someone has chosen that product and whether they are satisfied with it then the poll itself is in my books meaningless. the more options you have the more diluted the opinion becomes... think about it you may need several categories of tyre (race, road, dual sport, off road), then the various options in each category.

the issue to me is that on a public forum like this then certain products may get a reputation they don't deserve (either for good or bad). I know people who paid an extortionate amount of money for IPods, when they could have got a better machine for less (by better I mean bigger memory better battery life, easier maintenance and best of all use open standard software so your music isn't locked away and at risk of being lost by some dodgy DRM software. Apple aren't the only problem children Microsoft are just as bad in their own way. Having paid what people did they shouldn't be told you have to buy another IPOD becuase your battery is goosed. yet I bet if you did a poll on what type of MP3 player people have IPOD whoudl probably romp home.

When respected forum members make an observation that they use product "A" the sheep tend to buy product "A". It may well be that product A is by far the best product, but equally it may merely reflect that persons preferences or that persons knowledge or whats available to that person, or even whats available at the place where that person goes (it could be that his local tyre shop sells ONLY Conti's). People call the OEM tyre (Road Attack) dunflops, yet the Road Smart is seemingly highly rated by people in the know. Ive seen it all before on other fourms wherfe some knowledgeable people express their personal opinion and then others pick up on that persons knowledge and spread it as if its gospel. When polls get it wrong they get it wrong spectacularly.

ferinstance if you did a poll on what colour V people ride the US would probably skew to the Red, the UK seemingly to Black & Orange, Australia to Green. With the exception of the UK and Europe where there have been 5 or 6 colours over time a colour poll would be of dubious merit.

Ive fitted a Pyramid Hugger, in my books it wasn't easy to fit properly, requiring enlarging of the 3 holes to try to force the hugger to fit the tyre. Yet the Fender Extender fitted perfectly. I wish I'd taken note of the advice of some of the Versys.co.uk guys, but the carbon fibre looked great, theoretically v.practical, but it isn't in real life

Speedy's GPS bracket looks nice, but I had to go and get the plate drilled, and then redrill it, the Kawasaki original GPS part comes predrilled. it looks as if I'm going to have to re redrill the plate or find some spacers to fit the MRA Vario screen

Speedy's flatfoot is easy to fix, looks the dogs danglies and does the job.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 08:32 PM

If you don't like polls and reviews, don't read them. It sounds like many of would like them as a more concise way to provide feedback that random posts in other threads.

Steve

Now I have four!

post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-08-2009, 04:39 PM

you might want to read this for another interesting point of view.
http://thelastpsychiatrist.com/2009/...hich.html#more

Do you really think anyone who doesn't like polls needs to be told not to read them if they don't like them?

Last edited by tomla; 03-08-2009 at 04:42 PM.
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-08-2009, 05:02 PM

Dude you are as entitled to your opinion as anyone, but some of us find the opinions and experience of others useful. I would hope that everyone makes their own informed decisions based on their own research. Seems that is what this forum is all about.

Just because you don't agree with it doesn't make it any less valuable to the rest of us. It is good food for thought.

I guess the emails go out pretty quickly sometimes. "Is that like, "If you don't like other people's opinions, keep your head in the sand?"

It sounds like that is what you are telling the rest of us to do.

This isn't actually even worth the debate. There is plenty of info about experiences with all kinds of products on the forum...it isn't a big deal to me if there are polls or not.

Steve

Now I have four!

Last edited by sharrison56; 03-08-2009 at 05:12 PM.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-08-2009, 05:30 PM

Let's just agree to disagree!

Steve

Now I have four!

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-08-2009, 05:34 PM

Good points on both sides but so many things like windshields and seats depends on the size of the person and how tall and what type of rideing style they like. Same goes for tires. Do you ride touring and want high miles or do you want them for dirt and gravel travel. Is interesting seeing what you all buy but so many variables for a poll. Just like brands of bikes, everybody has a different view of what works. Some like cruisers some dual purpose and some sportbikes. Age plays a big part even here on what each of us like. Whatever you all decide is fine with me but i don't put a whole lot into a poll but it does have some merit. If you think about it all of us that have the Versys are out of the mainstream for motorcycle polls. Was motorcycle of the year but sales show it isn't the most popular.

Yamaha Secca II
1600 Classic-sold
08 Verseys
1986 Corvette

Life is not a practice run. Enjoy each and every day.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-08-2009, 05:58 PM

Great points! It is interesting that a bike that doesn't sell that many units gets so much attention from other riders. I think most of them find it an interesting bike even if they have a preference for another type of bike...maybe it is just because it is so different.

Maybe they would sell a few more if they did some advertising. It seemed to get a lot of attention at the motorcycle show in Greenville, as I am sure it did elsewhere.

Steve

Now I have four!

post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-08-2009, 06:17 PM

Well said Steve.

A poll would be a cool quick reference tool for people doing research for stuff for their bike. There's no way you're going to discourage people from sounding off about stuff they like or don't like so there will always be more detailed info to read. Questions about this farkle or that farkle will be asked, opinions will be given, arguments will ensue. It's all good.

I don't own a versys yet, I bought an er6n 'cause I'm a sucker for looks. But this is a great site with tons of good info.

'09 er6n
'89 Transalp
"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world."
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-08-2009, 06:34 PM Thread Starter

Smile

Hi V Guys,

One thing we can all agree is the V is the motorcycle of the year in our books.

As I mentioned earlier, it can be any topic/question under the sun.
Example:

Q: Would you be there for this motorcycle meet?
A: Yes or No

Q: Do you think the V needs a fenda extender?
A: Yes or No

Agreed that tire, windshield and many more products can be debatable and it is to the users like/dislike.
However, we don't live in an oyster and a man's medicine can be another's poison. One thing is for sure, we all like to exchange ideas and information. It makes us grow and makes life interesting.

My suggestion back to my question posted is to suggest a raise a purposeful opinion/question. Let the admistrator decide if it is benefits all. Simply click to have your say on the matter.

Be Happy. Remember any ride can be our last ride.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-08-2009, 07:27 PM

Seems to me we exchange ideas pretty well right now the way it is. All you have to do is a search and find about anything you want to know that others have done on the subject. Now for meets that is another story. You could post a meet and see who is interested but again this site reaches so darn far and wide. Lets not overload the administater too much. I have seen other sites close becasue it became too much work for people to run them. Kind of like our BMW club used to be. 60 club members and about a half dozen did all the work. Lots of suggestions on things we should do. I finally spoke up and said from now on anybody that suggests work has to be a part of it. That ended that. Everybody here does a real good job with new products and ideas and reviews the way it is and helps out each other rather well i think. Lets not get too much work into all this and they do a real good job here not fighting with each other. I just left one site that seemed to argue all the time. Takes all the fun out of it. Lots of humor here.

Yamaha Secca II
1600 Classic-sold
08 Verseys
1986 Corvette

Life is not a practice run. Enjoy each and every day.
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-08-2009, 08:18 PM Thread Starter

Hi Deano,

If THIS is going to be a burden to anyone, it best then to just conclude the discussion on this thread.

We here to make Love about our V, not War. Too much sh..t going on around the world.

Peace... Best Regards
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode