Classifieds suggestion - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Verticalscope Forum Support / Help (Kawasakiversys.com) Questions about forum functionality or suggestions for improvement. Need help finding what you're looking for? Let us know here!

2Likes
  • 1 Post By gary_a_gooner
  • 1 Post By onewizard

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 02:19 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Classifieds suggestion

Not sure why this isn't required in more places, but in the for sale section (maybe even WTB, too), can it be a requirement to include the location of an item for sale in the title/subject? I think it just makes it easier when looking to purchase something knowing that its close by or if it needs to be shipped. I'm in the process now of selling my current bike (EX-500) and looking for a Gen 2 V-650.

Thoughts/feedback?
rsherman likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 07:43 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Noted and thanks. I am sure Admin ,will look into your proposal.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 10:23 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
We can suggest that, but there isn't a way to force that requirement. Without a reliable way to force the method, it just gives the mods a very large policing task to make sure users are following the rule, and creates a lot of confusion among new users who don't know why their posts are removed because they didn't follow the rule.

A good idea, but unfortunately software restrictions prevent us from rolling it out

Kevin

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 10:53 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
PM Setting Requires Updating

Quote:
Originally Posted by KawiMan View Post
We can suggest that, but there isn't a way to force that requirement. Without a reliable way to force the method, it just gives the mods a very large policing task to make sure users are following the rule, and creates a lot of confusion among new users who don't know why their posts are removed because they didn't follow the rule.

A good idea, but unfortunately software restrictions prevent us from rolling it out

Kevin
Note the title. At one time not long ago, 95% of my time spent was dealing with the classifieds , I came up with a way of notifying members and acknowleging that they had updated PM setting by giving a like in their first post, that way I could come back a week later and check a For Sale post, if it had a like by me, the seller had updated his PM setting.

Yes it would be nice to have a check box that the member was forced to check off that would change his PM setting to send a email on PM sent notification, in order to post the add. There isn't anything in software available, so I need to use my mod password and log into user profile and see what the settings are, I can't change them even if the member wanted me to, yes a PITA.

So I have a For Sale PM folder, I post in the for sale that what appears in the tile here PM Setting Requires Updating , I then send a PM to the seller and CC myself, that CC goes into my PM for sale folder, if the seller contacts me that it is updated I post PM Setting Updated, otherwise I wait a week, if the member has been online within that week and no change I send a second PM, after that I soft delete and note for other mods about no response. Sounds like a lot of work, yes , but previously members would PM me about a add that they were interested in, sometimes weeks went by, several members interested in the same item. I purchased well over $10,000 of test equipment off ebay, I know the frustration, so in some cases I used my mod password to find their email address and then sent a email to them using my personal email , telling them about their add and the interest in it, I have stopped that practice.
So you don't update your PM setting, expect a PM from me, no response after 2 weeks expect another PM and a soft delete , after a month it goes to the garbage bin

Newest link in stickies of For Sale;
https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...se-follow.html

older link in the stickies of For Sale;
https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...ification.html
Fastoman likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode