Question/Thought on the "Versys Sighting" thread - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Verticalscope Forum Support / Help (Kawasakiversys.com) Questions about forum functionality or suggestions for improvement. Need help finding what you're looking for? Let us know here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-24-2012, 08:41 PM Thread Starter

Question/Thought on the "Versys Sighting" thread

Not being one to buck the system or go against the grain here, I just thought I'd throw this out and get opinions...

To me, the "Versys Sighting" thread is for those who have sighted a rider and for those on the forum who have been sighted. Maybe there are other functions for the thread than that, I don't know.

I have noticed that the thread is now well over 430 posts long. Not so bad to post a sighting, but a little more effort to go through to see if you were spotted. Plus, if you took a long vacation you'd have to go through several posts.

So here's my thought - to make each sighting a separate thread with the location in the title:

Versys Sighting : Possum Trot, KY
Versys Sighting : Searcy County, AR

If I took a long ride to Virginia and saw on the post a sighting in Maine I could just ignore it. But, if there was one for Nuttsville, VA and I had been through there...I'd check it out! Plus, it seems it would be easier to search for on the forum.

Thoughts anyone? or

"Nothing bugs a handyman more than a stripper that works too slow" ~ Red Green

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-24-2012, 08:43 PM

Garage

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-24-2012, 09:43 PM

I concur. Good idea.

GeneHil - Mount Dora, FL
2011 Kawasaki Versys
Viet Nam: Dec67-Dec68 & Jul69-Dec72

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-25-2012, 12:58 AM

I never read the thread, probably because I don't expect I've been sighted. I never post to it, because I don't expect others read the thread that much, and I surprisingly haven't sighted many Versi around. Plus the thread is really only interesting when you have sighted someone or you've been sighted...

If I saw a sighting thread near me, I would probably check it out...

2011 Imperial Red
Givi V46 / V35's SW Motech mounts
Skidmarx hugger Moto Werks bar riser
Mondo Motors LED Driving Lights
A little bit of road rash
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-25-2012, 02:27 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaileyMan View Post
I surprisingly haven't sighted many Versi around.

It does happen i got one on camera once. While on the way the to Neptunes Net

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-25-2012, 02:30 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
I bet most of you never sight me on my versys.

Last edited by kiwi 41; 06-25-2012 at 02:37 AM.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-25-2012, 02:41 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi 41 View Post
I bet most of you never sight me on my versys.

Isn't it your wife's Versys by now.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-25-2012, 02:47 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Isn't it your wife's Versys by now.
Like heck
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-25-2012, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MntVersys View Post

So here's my thought - to make each sighting a separate thread with the location in the title:

Versys Sighting : Possum Trot, KY
Versys Sighting : Searcy County, AR

Thoughts anyone? or
Personally, I would hate to see dozens of sighting threads.. The forum would become full of individual threads... I even try to mention the big thread when new ones are created.. I am subscribed to the current thread and read it when a new post is made but if I quickly realize it is somewhere else, I just move on. My $.02

Last edited by Capn Kirk; 06-25-2012 at 05:12 AM.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-25-2012, 07:57 PM

i didnt even know there was a sighting thread. i just hit the "new posts" link and view what's interesting. no expectation that i've been sighted, s i guess it never catches my eye. but if it see memphis or tennessee in the title... click.

In a world full of people, only some want to ride. Isn't that crazy?
Seal/CRAZY/misquoted

=>
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-25-2012, 08:22 PM

I like the combined thread. I think it's kinda cool to see where others get spotted all in one place. I'm lazy what can I say...
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-25-2012, 08:59 PM

To cut down the number of threads how about by state or province or county (UK). Also create a sub section for this to post under. There is also a search feature to quickly scan.

Versys Sighting : Ohio
Versys Sighting : Ontario
Versys Sighting: Florida

I'm just guessing but their can't be that many Versys's to sight in Possum Trot, KY.

Last edited by Sprocket; 06-25-2012 at 09:04 PM.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-26-2012, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprocket View Post
To cut down the number of threads how about by state or province or county (UK). Also create a sub section for this to post under. There is also a search feature to quickly scan.

Versys Sighting : Ohio
Versys Sighting : Ontario
Versys Sighting: Florida

I'm just guessing but their can't be that many Versys's to sight in Possum Trot, KY.
There could still be 50+ threads that way
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-26-2012, 05:36 AM

Regions.

Sent from my DROIDX using Motorcycle.com Free App
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-27-2012, 02:22 AM Thread Starter

Yeah, I like the "by state/province/county" idea better. Easy to bookmark the areas you ride in and forget the rest.

Since there are a whole lot more riders seen than respond to the sightings my guess is that the post will get buried rather quickly with all the other stuff posted.

Oh yeah, Possum Trot, KY is right off I-24 near Paducah, right between Nashville and St. Louis. I'm guessin' there's a bunch of traffic that passes through there!

"Nothing bugs a handyman more than a stripper that works too slow" ~ Red Green

post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-27-2012, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
It does happen i got one on camera once. While on the way the to Neptunes Net
Cool video work Weljo...

GeneHil - Mount Dora, FL
2011 Kawasaki Versys
Viet Nam: Dec67-Dec68 & Jul69-Dec72
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-30-2012, 10:53 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by genehil View Post
Cool video work Weljo...
Thanks, It gives me something to do. Funny thing every versys that i've spotted seems to be green. I remember my first encounter...http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ead.php?t=7587

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode