Did I offend? - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Verticalscope Forum Support / Help (Kawasakiversys.com) Questions about forum functionality or suggestions for improvement. Need help finding what you're looking for? Let us know here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 11:37 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Question Did I offend?

My thread in this forum encouraging people to add their approximate geographic location to their profile was deleted. No explanation.

Is there a problem with suggesting people fill out their profiles?

I didn't think I was being offensive. Was I?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 11:39 AM

Think its an excellent idea, when people ask for a product recommendation or where to buy, I often have to ask which country they live.

No offence, probably a glitch somewhere.

Machog
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 12:07 PM

I believe that I read where the administrator thought that insisting on locations be posted might run some people off and discouraging registering at all. I agree that they should list their location if nothing else but the state.

'09 Versys -Green

TET'68 Survivor

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 12:17 PM Thread Starter

Yes I agree with both of you, it was mostly a reminder with a catchy title!!

Cheers.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 01:24 PM

Unless people are on the witness protection program - I don't see why some don't at least put the state they are in.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 02:52 PM

Why delete the thread, though?

I'm calm like a bomb!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 03:04 PM

Commies!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grok View Post
My thread in this forum encouraging people to add their approximate geographic location to their profile was deleted. No explanation.

Is there a problem with suggesting people fill out their profiles?

I didn't think I was being offensive. Was I?
Yes, I recall the thread and I believe I made a comment or two in it as well. It surely wasn't deleted by me as I certainly wouldn't setup a forum category entitled "Suggestions" and then delete any suggestions made... lol

Anyway, back to your suggestion which was to encourage people to add their geo location I couldn't agree more. My response was that I don't think we should force it on people by requiring them to enter it when they register. Some folks are very paranoid about entering any personalized info online and I know it would turn away some members. I know nobody suggested that I make it a requirement so we can just see this as my thinking out loud. :-) I think we can add it to the Welcome Email to start with and hopefully members will pick it up form there...

I was also considering allowing regional versys clubs access to their own private forums where they can privately chat with other club members... I'm not sure whether the existing forum software will work or not though and that's what I have to look into...

One last thing is that we're working on installing a new plugin to stop more of the spamming that has been going on...

The site has really grown like a weed since it's launch less than a year ago... :-)

Thanks,
-Ralph
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 05:37 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the feedback.

I feel, except for the odd spammer, that we have an incredible resource here and I also like this site design better than the english site. It's good to see more people posting up the regions in which they live, it really puts a more valuable perspective on things such as tire reviews. A tire that's great in Arizona will almost certainly suck up here in the great wet/white north!

I'm sure you know what I'm saying. Anyway guys keep on filling in the profiles!

Oh, of course this site is growing like crazy, look at it's focus! Be prepared for an explosion of membership in 2009!!
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-17-2009, 07:07 AM

Is a great site and my hat is off to all of you that make it possible. I know sometimes it is thankless. It is growing because it is fun and helpful. I got off another site because there was too much bickering. I really enjoy this one. Many thanks I agree that it is nice to see the state as sometimes we find someone close by. Should be optional always.

Yamaha Secca II
1600 Classic-sold
08 Verseys
1986 Corvette

Life is not a practice run. Enjoy each and every day.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-21-2009, 04:55 PM

What really amazes me is that some people that are trying to sell something don't even have their state posted. Then you have to pm them to find out where they are if you want the item. It would make things a lot easier and interesting if their location, if even just the state, would be posted.

'09 Versys -Green

TET'68 Survivor
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-21-2009, 07:05 PM

Right on Don

if it were easy....everyone would do it!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode