Tapatalk - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Verticalscope Forum Support / Help (Kawasakiversys.com) Questions about forum functionality or suggestions for improvement. Need help finding what you're looking for? Let us know here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-25-2012, 10:31 PM Thread Starter

Tapatalk

To whom it may concern (forum gods?),

Tapatalk is a really cool smartphone app that lets people who use it browse forums on their phone very effectively. As some of you may know, it's near impossible to navigate forums in their normal format on a smartphone browser.

The Tapatalk system is very easy to set up for forum owners, and it won't mess up the site in any way. All it does it convert the site to a manageable format for use in the app only. I've been using it on several Volvo forums that have it enabled and it works wonderfully.

Please consider adding this feature! Best part is that it's free for the forum owner! The app is a dollar or two... but worth it.

http://www.tapatalk.com/faq.php

Ed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-25-2012, 11:17 PM

not to be a smart @$$ but, if you used the search you would find that this topic has been disgussed several times at length

1997 KLR 650
2011 Halle-friggin-leuya Versys
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 07:09 AM Thread Starter

I see...

Well that stinks. Have to download a separate app now just for this forum instead of having it all in one place.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-29-2012, 07:02 AM

Which app? Did a search on the play store and got no results. And can't get the forum search to work from my phone. Will search it out from my computer here when I get a chance.

Hoping this isn't just an iPhone option.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-29-2012, 08:07 AM Thread Starter

Search for "motorcycle.com". I think you access the boards (and any other subsidiaries of motorcycle.com) through the app.

2012 Kawasaki Versys 650 - 20,500 miles
2000 Volvo V70XC 2.4T - 258,000 miles
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-29-2012, 09:02 AM

thanks. i found it. it will work i guess for now. though i can see myself not using it much since i really dont like the setup or having this seperate app to access one forum when all the rest i use are on tapatalk.
I can understand the motorcycle.com network wanting to have its own but tapatalk has quickly become the standard all are moving to.

fun stuff.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-29-2012, 01:51 PM

No reason why we can't ask the forum gods again to get with the program (please) and enable tapatalk.

[SIZE="1"]Ride. Good.

2003 ST1300ABS
2008 Versys
IBA 59868
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-30-2012, 01:57 PM

That was my thought. Being the new guy I figured I was allowed my at least one free revival of something like this. Especially since I know from having set up other forums for it before that it literally takes less than ten minutes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode