Suggestion for DIY threads - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Verticalscope Forum Support / Help (Kawasakiversys.com) Questions about forum functionality or suggestions for improvement. Need help finding what you're looking for? Let us know here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-08-2011, 05:22 PM Thread Starter

Suggestion for DIY threads

My other forum calls them "How-Tos". How to change your oil, differential fluid, timing belt, polish headlights, etc.

I see DIY is listed here in both Modification forums, both Performance and Cosmetic. I find DIY threads are stickied or scattered throughout the two forums.
I would suggest that maybe we have one forum "DIY" in the Kawasaki Versys Motorcycle Talk section(or maybe as a sub-forum in each of the two forums mentioned). That way if someone wants to see about taking off the front sprocket, or swapping in a late model front brake reservoir, you go to one place.

The other forum I mention goes one step further and has a locked how-to thread with a separate discussion thread. That way the how-to can be updated when better or alternate methods are brought up without readers having to wade through pages and pages. The first post in the discussion and how-to contain links to each other.

Hoping to become a rider soon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-13-2011, 12:03 AM Thread Starter

Nothing?

In my other forum it took forever to get a decent amount of how-tos. Just about until the car went out of production.

There may be a lot done here already, but it's hard to tell(for me). It would make sense to generate a list form the Factory Service manual and check them off as they are done.

Hoping to become a rider soon
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-13-2011, 04:51 AM

I think you should be looking in the Technical forum - plenty of stickies there. Most of the maintenace tasks have been documented there already (I think). Or are you talking about things like changing exhausts or mirrors or what-have-you?

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-13-2011, 07:40 AM

It's a good idea to have something like that, saves a lot of time and we don't have 10 topics asking how to .......... something..

Versys 2015 Green
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode