Non Mobile Version on iPad? - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Verticalscope Forum Support / Help (Kawasakiversys.com) Questions about forum functionality or suggestions for improvement. Need help finding what you're looking for? Let us know here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-21-2011, 05:47 PM Thread Starter

Non Mobile Version on iPad?

I use a lot of motorcycle forums. This is the only one that gives me the mobile version when I use my iPad. How do I get the regular version to show up?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-21-2011, 07:51 PM
Super Moderator

Oh how I WISH I knew the answer!! I use my iPad a lot too, and HATE the mobile version of this forum. There is an older thread about this issue, and seems our site owners have no inclination to change it.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-21-2011, 09:12 PM

I hate the mobile version on my mobile.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-21-2011, 09:40 PM

Skyfire browser for both the iPad, and the iPhone will allow you to switch to "Desktop" version, and experience the full site, even the movies posted. Even though it has worked for me, it has some mixed reviews, and it also costs money.

Slow down, and you'll get there faster!!!
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-22-2011, 06:10 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to offcamber
I use Atomic Web browser, it also lets you emulate other browsers like Firefox and Explorer.

Safari SUCKS!
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-22-2011, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by offcamber View Post
I use Atomic Web browser, it also lets you emulate other browsers like Firefox and Explorer.

Safari SUCKS!
plus 1
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-23-2011, 09:56 AM

I'll give that a shot. Wish there was a browser that would allow you to watch streaming flash video so I could watch the F1 race while at the in-laws this weekend.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-26-2011, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by offcamber View Post

Safari SUCKS!
I've been suffering through the mobile version on my iPad too until I saw this post...thanks for educating non-techies like myself!
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-26-2011, 09:56 PM

I'd like to see this forum "tapatalk" enabled

...i'm assuming most of the folks on this board use iPhone / iPad ? (simply curious)
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-26-2011, 09:58 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by techRob View Post

...i'm assuming most of the folks on this board use iPhone / iPad ? (simply curious)
I think that's one hell of an assumption. And I would assume, probably not.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 09:14 AM
Super Moderator

Ok, I have the atomic browser on my ipad, but I can't find the setting to allow me to view the non mobile version of this site. Lil' help please??

post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 10:19 AM

Garage
I have an Android phone and have tried to get this site on it but it is not really readable. Any suggestions?
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear on a bicycle View Post
Ok, I have the atomic browser on my ipad, but I can't find the setting to allow me to view the non mobile version of this site. Lil' help please??
I looked into the Atomic Web Browser. Do you have the full version or the free version? I know the free version wont do it, but the full paid version has a setting to simulate being a desktop PC.
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 10:33 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Kirk View Post
I looked into the Atomic Web Browser. Do you have the full version or the free version? I know the free version wont do it, but the full paid version has a setting to simulate being a desktop PC.

Ah, that must be it. I downloaded the free version. Oh well. So much for that...

post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-01-2011, 11:12 PM

I also just started using an iPad when I'm on the road. I'd also like to view the standard version of this forum. Anyone have a solution?
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-02-2011, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kankujoe View Post
I also just started using an iPad when I'm on the road. I'd also like to view the standard version of this forum. Anyone have a solution?
OK folks. I took one for the team. I purchased Atomic Web Browser from the app store for $.99 and it works!! Just set Atomic to "Safari Desktop" under the settings. You get the full website as normal. I know this as I am using it now.

Cost is $.99 and I verified it works! It has ad blocker as well! Whoohoo!! You just need to enable it under the settings tab.

Last edited by Capn Kirk; 12-02-2011 at 05:22 AM.
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-02-2011, 06:12 AM

Sorry I didn't chime in earlier....yes you have to use the paid version....
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-02-2011, 09:41 AM
Administrator

Garage
I have an Acer Iconia 10.1" tablet, running Android 3.2, and I see the site normally using the default browser. There must be a setting somewhere you may have over-looked.
Sometimes when viewing a forum in its mobile style there may be a link to "View Full Site" or something similar.
I am not familiar with iPad's, nor do I want to be.
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-02-2011, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KawiMan View Post
I have an Acer Iconia 10.1" tablet, running Android 3.2, and I see the site normally using the default browser. There must be a setting somewhere you may have over-looked.
Sometimes when viewing a forum in its mobile style there may be a link to "View Full Site" or something similar.
I am not familiar with iPad's, nor do I want to be.

Safari...aka Apples Browser does not give you that option....hence it sucks but there are other alternatives so no biggy.

I'm not generally an Apple fan however the iPad is a great device. I have been super impressed with its durability. I have dropped it several times on pavement and the aluminum housing is actually bent in some places but it works as good as the day I bought it. I wonder how many of the other tablets would fair under the same abuse.

Last edited by offcamber; 12-02-2011 at 01:00 PM.
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-02-2011, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by techRob View Post

I work in IT and I don't know anyone with an iPhone or iPad. Do know a few with Android phones though. Having this site accessible with TapaTalk (it's a free app and think it works on all phone platforms) would be nice but lets face it any kind of mini device is less than ideal for browsing the web.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode